• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

13 Assassins

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA

Samurai films have a rich history, and Miike evokes it elegantly with traditional costumes, idealistic dialogue, sharp characterizations, and a gloriously choreographed fight sequence that must extend in one form or another for 40 minutes. I often find fight scenes in movies boring, because they substitute movement for drama. But in "13 Assassins," characters are involved who we know and understand, and the general melee is broken down into structured vignettes. Hollywood action directors could study this film, especially in the way it focuses on story in the midst of violence..

Beautiful movie. Go watch it now.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
I watched it. I'll say this...It's not entirely action if that's what people hope for. This is definitely more story driven, and you don't see a lot of bloodshed until near the end. Not that that's important in a movie like this at all, but if that's what anyone is looking for out of this movie, you chose the wrong flick, lol.

Ip Man did you entirely understand the ending? I'm guessing we might have to use spoilers if it's to big a deal to post :/

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
I watched it. I'll say this...It's not entirely action if that's what people hope for. This is definitely more story driven, and you don't see a lot of bloodshed until near the end. Not that that's important in a movie like this at all, but if that's what anyone is looking for out of this movie, you chose the wrong flick, lol.

Ip Man did you entirely understand the ending? I'm guessing we might have to use spoilers if it's to big a deal to post :/

Considering the entire third act is one huge fight scene, I think people would be satisfied in the action aspect regardless of its absence in the first two acts.

And Im not sure what you mean by "entirely understand". Seemed like a pretty straight forward resolution to me, unless I missed some hidden message, in which case enlighten me.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Koyata Kiga the hunter, the guy the meet in the forest

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Koyata Kiga the hunter, the guy the meet in the forest

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show