• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you think about Kingdom Hearts 1st person view?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I kind of like the idea of being face to face with the enemy, but there's some obviouse problems with that. The bosses in particular usually tend to move around so much it's almost impossible to keep up in that manner.

kingofgame981

Awards
I kind of like the idea of being face to face with the enemy, but there's some obviouse problems with that. The bosses in particular usually tend to move around so much it's almost impossible to keep up in that manner.

That's why you've to use your right analog.

btw... The manga page in your sign look familiar.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
That's why you've to use your right analog.

btw... The manga page in your sign look familiar.

Using the right analog stick only does but so much. Timing would be horrendous.

Well I got it from Deviant. Maybe you saw it there?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The only use I find for it is to admire the scenery.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The first person view is a cool feature, but it has too many flaws at this moment to be of any use. One in first-person view, a lock-on system would be nice as the bosses moving around is a problem. The other thing with first-person view is that there are no pros, only cons. In third-person you can see more of the enviroment and you can focus on more enemies for that reason. In first-person view you just lose those pros and are left with the problem that it is too hard to focus on something. Another problem with first-person mode that I noticed in the Larxene boss battle video above is that the screen is affected to heavily by elements that strike Sora. In third-person, if Sora is hit by lightning, the lightning bolts are thin and you can see past them. Up close, they are quite wide and they take up too much of the screen to see past them.

Personally, in future titles, I don't think the first-person is neccessary for battles, but it would be nice if somehow they implemented something where the first-person view is needed for gameplay that is outside of battles so you aren't in so much of a rush. For example, a book in third-person view would just look like scribbles, but in first-person view you can actually read the text. Or you have to use first-person view to see tiny nooks and crannies by which you can break to get to chests. I know in Batman: Arkham Asylum they have Batman go into a detective mode where he has an almost X-ray vision. I'm not saying they should do that and give Sora X-Ray vision, but more along the lines of the idea that there should be some special things you see or get in first-person view that are either much more useful than in third-person or exclusive just to first-person view.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't like 1st person views at all, sometimes it's good - horror games - for example, but otherwise I allways want 3d person if possible.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Forcing first person mechanics into a Kingdom Hearts games would be bad, even if the only instances where you'd need them are non-essential or only tangential to your current mission in the game. Kingdom Hearts is an action adventure game, and these always work best in third person (I am loathe to use the 'RPG' definition because it's unhelpfully vague). Kingdom Hearts is a game that has always got its flow between combat, exploration and interaction right - they all work through the same set of mechanics and perspective, and introducing a new mechanic that's only possible for a perspective that's only been implemented pretty much solely for those non-essential instances ruins the flow of the game. Therefore, it's something that should not be included.

platinumrug

Third person view is ALWAYS the better option with games like KH that require the use of melee weapons. Obviously if you had a gun in KH, it would be considered FPS almost. The FPS view sucks donkey ass in KH lol, highly inefficient.

Grey

Plus, how would Sora's crazy flipping-through-the-air-with-Keyblade moves and gravity-defying reaction commands look in first-person? First person works when you have a gun because you're not doing these intricate aerial moves and flips and stuff. Sora's very acrobatic when he fights, and that wouldn't translate well in 1st-person view.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
First-person is made for shooters. If there is going to be a first-person view for sword-fighting games, there needs to be that real-life full-body sensor crap to where you're the controller. (Kinect, am I right?)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
First-person is made for shooters. If there is going to be a first-person view for sword-fighting games, there needs to be that real-life full-body sensor crap to where you're the controller. (Kinect, am I right?)
Except that then means we can't move around. Kinect doesn't allow for character navigation - it has to be on rails. Wii and PS Move allow for a possibly-decent first-person experience, moreso the Move be cause it's just more accurate.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
KH can have first person view but I won't use it. I never do unless I have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back