• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What change in Sora's role would you like to see in KH III? What do you think about my idea?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeesusChrist

I personally think it's time that Sora conflicts with himself. He's the only character that doesn't really reflect on himself in the Kingdom Hearts series because he's always worried about others. In KH III, I think he should be rebelling, since he'll be 16, if not, older. For once, Sora should willingly give into the darkness. I'm not saying he should become a villain or anything, I just think he should explore his potential as a keyblade master.

Riku has always been the one to think less with his heart, and more with his brain. I think Sora should start out in Kingdom Hearts III differently (a bit more mature) but also as his typical happy, goofy self, and then in the middle of the game he should rebel. I want to see him become cocky and arrogant with the keyblade, thinking he's wielded and mastered it long enough to take on matters alone. He should rant about how Donald and Goofy are slowing him down, temporarily causing a rift between them, continuing their journey on his own. But to make things interesting, to lose Donald and Goofy as party members for the moment, Kairi and Riku should follow him to try to fix things, making them your party members. And this time, Riku can be the one trying to help Sora, instead of the other way around. And this would be Kairi's chance to get closer to Sora, and join them along side their journey like she always wanted to. So through a good part of the game, Sora will be darker and more gloomy until he figures out he can handle all of the pressure that comes with having to save everybody, and what his existence has done to others existence (Roxas, Xion, Namine, Terra, Ven, Aqua, Axel, ect.)

By the end of the game, Sora could be so consumed by darkeness, that this gives a chance for Roxas/Ven's return. With them existing, Sora loses his strength, but in replacement of that, he gets strength from the darkness that consumes him. Then you'll have to fight as Roxas/Ven, Riku, Kairi, Donald, Mickey and Goofy, against Sora to bring him back to the light, depending on whoever you choose as your party members but Roxas/Ven would be first player. And when Sora does become himself again, they all fight whoever the final boss is, ending the "Xehanort Saga" in pure epicness.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I do think Sora should confront some things within himself and have doubts, but I don't think he should flip at Donald and Goofy (which he already did in CoM) and I don't think he should consumed or be a part of the darkness. He definitely should be more mature but keep his happy and goofy self too. I think also that he will have doubts that border the darkness/light, but get a hold of himself with a few realizations and draw back into the light.

^The should count: 4

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
1 thing I wonder about Sora becoming a master: Would he be taking on apprentices then?

k99y77

Awards
i think sora donald and goofy should be back i really miss the old party but your idea is very good, and
about sora becoming a keyblade master im thinking he will have an apprentice in the next saga,
and welcome to KHinsider :)

Roxas891011V

I feel Sora should stay the same, I mean yeah Sora shows moments of depression and darkness but he moves past them and smiles. He's quirky and optimistic like that. I'm the same way, yeah the cockyness and arrogance I can see but it could be more self-confidence. Sora can take on anything that's what he's been shown to be able to do. Sora is Sora he doesn't need to get darker or anything like that he can bounce back stronger than ever. I mean he reminds a bit like Zidane from FFIX. I mean your idea is good and very possible and not that I would be against it, I just know Sora will be smiling and goofy by the end of the game. =)

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I want to see him become cocky and arrogant with the keyblade, thinking he's wielded and mastered it long enough to take on matters alone. He should rant about how Donald and Goofy are slowing him down, temporarily causing a rift between them, continuing their journey on his own. But to make things interesting, to lose Donald and Goofy as party members for the moment, Kairi and Riku should follow him to try to fix things, making them your party members.

I kinda like this part but I'm not much for the rest. In any case I want a lot of development for him but he should still stay Sora, just a bit changed. More mature, smarter, when he have a problem he should be more realistic and not just forgett about it after 5 seconds (KH II, I'm looking at you), stuff like that. He should not become "emo"

Caterfree10

Mm, some of it has me uneasy because I don't think it fits with Sora's character, but I can very easily see Sora's cocky streak getting the better of him at some point. The whole pressure of having to save so many people wearing on him could be a great cause of some serious conflict, too. I mean, even the most optimistic of people would have doubts on their task if they had so much on their shoulders, I would imagine, ya know?

Though yes, I would love to see Sora as he's matured in future KH games, even with his endless optimism. :3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Caterfree10 said:
he whole pressure of having to save so many people wearing on him could be a great cause of some serious conflict, too. I mean, even the most optimistic of people would have doubts on their task if they had so much on their shoulders, I would imagine, ya know?

Exactly this...the heavy burden of having the fate of so many lives in his hands is a great chance for Sora's development. Getting some doubts along the way, as well as realizing slowly what it means to hold other people's life in his own hands stirring something inside him...making him actually feel the weight of responsibility that comes with it.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
For once, Sora should willingly give into the darkness. I'm not saying he should become a villain or anything, I just think he should explore his potential as a keyblade master.

And exactly how are the two related? Aqua's the only one who became Master in BBS and she was the one farthest away from the Darkness out of the trio (even with Ven being a PoH). Riku falling into the Darkness is the given in-game reason why he lost the Keyblade. So really, using Darkness and being a better Wielder aren't related like that.

Riku has always been the one to think less with his heart, and more with his brain.

Basically every last thing he did in the series says otherwise. Had he used his brain instead of his Heart, we wouldn't have gotten Kingdom Hearts since he'd have known not to give into his petty jealousy when Sora showed up with Donald and Goofy, and he would've known better than to listen to some old hag in black with horns over the boy who's been his best friend for his entire life. He wouldn't have needed Namine to tell him that both Light and Dark are parts of him since he would've pieced it together had it not been for his fear and disgust from both, and he might've been of greater help to Sora and at least Kairi in KHII if he wasn't so busy angsting and thinking he should stop existing.
Had he used his brain over his Heart, he'd have dragged Xion and Roxas both by the hair to wake Sora up. Instead, he let one run loose while he waited for the other one to reach her own decisions. He was most likely going to do the same for Roxas, too, which was why Diz showed up - because Riku is one who acts according to his Heart, even if he was spared stupid slapstick acts like Sora suffered too often from in KHII. :\

I want to see him become cocky and arrogant with the keyblade, thinking he's wielded and mastered it long enough to take on matters alone.

As opposed to most of KH, and quite a blunt scene at the start of CoM, telling Donald and Goofy to take a hike since he can handle things on his own, only to be proved otherwise?

He should rant about how Donald and Goofy are slowing him down, temporarily causing a rift between them, continuing their journey on his own.

I fail to see how that would do any good besides have Sora be 104% Out Of Character. This isn't him rebelling, this is him being another person than the one we were introduced to. He can have more spunk, sure, and a bit more of an attitude, but unless the lives of someone near and dear are at stake and he's already emotionally tripping, he'll never, ever abandon Donald and Goofy. And that one time he did, he regretted it. I doubt he'd do it again.

But to make things interesting, to lose Donald and Goofy as party members for the moment, Kairi and Riku should follow him to try to fix things, making them your party members.

Losing Donald and Goofy as party members overall is interesting but again, was vastly explored in the past. (Re)CoM and (Re)Coded already showed us Sora without Donald and Goofy.
Then there's the issue that Kairi's got at least a decade of training ahead of her before she gets to Sora and Riku's level. :\ even as a mage or what not, right now she's kind of useless, making her a possibility late into the game if at all.

And this time, Riku can be the one trying to help Sora, instead of the other way around.

You do realize he's been doing exactly that in KHII, right? And we kind of had the climax in the Xemnas fight. The only other help Riku can give Sora that wasn't shown in-game is the sort of thing I write fanfics about, like the two currently in my signature. But unless we're dealing with something closer to Days' style, we won't get that in-game so easily.

So through a good part of the game, Sora will be darker and more gloomy until he figures out he can handle all of the pressure that comes with having to save everybody, and what his existence has done to others existence (Roxas, Xion, Namine, Terra, Ven, Aqua, Axel, ect.)

Only Sora already can handle that pressure so long as he has his friends by his side. Another concept that was vastly explored and expanded upon in the series so far.

By the end of the game, Sora could be so consumed by darkeness, that this gives a chance for Roxas/Ven's return. With them existing, Sora loses his strength, but in replacement of that, he gets strength from the darkness that consumes him. Then you'll have to fight as Roxas/Ven, Riku, Kairi, Donald, Mickey and Goofy, against Sora to bring him back to the light, depending on whoever you choose as your party members but Roxas/Ven would be first player. And when Sora does become himself again, they all fight whoever the final boss is, ending the "Xehanort Saga" in pure epicness.

I prefer a Driven-to-insanity-by-the-Light Kairi than a Darkness infested Sora. Besides how I really doubt they'll let him fall this deep - one can and does argue that that's why Sora was given the Drive Forms by Yen Sid - Anti Form. Sora must never be allowed to fall to the Darkness again.

tl;dr I think you want from Sora exactly what we've gotten so far, only to have his main "character stereotype" be closer to Roxas xD;;;

Maxyli138

I want to see him become cocky and arrogant with the keyblade, thinking he's wielded and mastered it long enough to take on matters alone. He should rant about how Donald and Goofy are slowing him down, temporarily causing a rift between them, continuing their journey on his own.

So pretty much CoM Sora? Ew, not sure if I want to see that side of Sora again.

I would like Sora to be more mature in KHIII. Maybe take on some of Roxas' serious personality traits, while still being his happy self. I don't think he would let himself get consumed by darkness, after learning there should be a balance between light and dark. If Sora is maturing, he shouldn't be making stupid mistakes like that.

metrifyx

Hm, they're all interesting ideas, but not plausible in my opinion. The only thing I could see happening is Sora being a little cocky, and maybe disobeying orders from the King/Yen Sid, or something minimally stupid. I doubt he'd leave Donald and Goofy like that, because Sora's so loyal to his friends.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Sora? Hmmmm, I want to see a bit more maturity. No emoness, just more adult qualities would suffice, I'd say. And like others have said, I want Sora to be more open, at least to the audience, about his feelings and not just bottling up everything and not exploding. I mean, what person on Earth wouldn't burst after carrying all that weight of the universe around, to find out that your stuck carrying it and more around again. Sheesh, we should just start calling him Atlas.
And then there's him being a heart hotel. As much as I dislike the idea of Roxas and Xion returning, and would much prefer if they were just recognized and then let go, I think they will be featured in DDD or KH3. It would be awkward to think of all of his clones and Terra and Aqua interacting with him. I mean, what would a conversation between Sora and Terra be like? What about a conversation between Ventus and Roxas, if they became separate beings? It'd just be so weird for me, lol.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Sora's natural naiveity shouldn't change much if at all... I even swear hearing Sora get cocky after he beat Demyx's butt...thinking about this sort of thing would make Sora seem less of a mary-sue though and more of a human character. I would like him to change into a more of a mature individual and that would result in dampening of his trademark naiveity... I can see that... depending on how KH3 progresses...

Gram

Banned
Awards
the only change i'd like is him no longer being the main character but nomura crushed that dream T^T

Radar

Bronze Member
the only change i'd like is him no longer being the main character but nomura crushed that dream T^T
lol.

In KH 3 I think Sora will have some darkness issues to deal with. And arrogance; it basically is a MUST because he has stayed the same for so long.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I really hope he'll drop that naivety in KH3. He can still have a happy personality but that doesn't mean he has to act like a little kid. I'm hoping he'll be mature and start dealing with issues himself. I think that's what everyone wants. And he also needs to stop acting too optimistic about everything.

flurryflames

No way would I want to see an emo kid or another dark follower like Riku. That would pave the way for more Sora clones to join the mix if he gave into darkness. Riku and Sora should have different aspects and point of views. If they change Sora he should be at least 18 to have any real problems because at the age he wouldn't feel obligated to anything and more mature and then he could find himself.

It isn't in his personality to desert his friends and out of character. What are you talking about? He is cocky in KH 2 especially with his enemies. If I remember right that is how some of the confrontations started. Such as the fight with Sepiroth for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back