• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dumb, Dumber and Dumberer Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less DUMB than it is]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

localorange

Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

i dunno if sqeenix did their homework then these dreams wil have some sort of origin.... like a visit back to past memories maybe. but its a good point about the change world, change clothes idea i can see it as a possibility. im just hoping it sticks with the free roam part not like DAYS missions. and you get some control over who you play as, like towards the end.

Using this logic, this means that Riku and Sora could very well pay a visit to the Land of Departure in 3D. Which would be awesome, as long as we'd get to explore the castle.

danio13

Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is]

I wouldn't mind the controls be like BBS, but I would like a bit less hack and slash.
....AND Emperor's New Grove World :D

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Not if you count Olympus Collisium in Re: coded.

Radar

Bronze Member

I am curious about one thing. I was kind of assuming S/R would be re-visiting old worlds they have been to though this "dream whatever world thing" but all the worlds are going to be new (except TT and maybe Hollow Bastion) So they might be going to new worlds in their dreams? Huh...This game is probably going to be the strangest.

DarkBladeXIII

Using this logic, this means that Riku and Sora could very well pay a visit to the Land of Departure in 3D. Which would be awesome, as long as we'd get to explore the castle.
i dunno about LOD because in my head soras gotta find aqua first to get through Castle Oblivion, so maybe not until the next numbered game, but still cool idea

I am curious about one thing. I was kind of assuming S/R would be re-visiting old worlds they have been to though this "dream whatever world thing" but all the worlds are going to be new (except TT and maybe Hollow Bastion) So they might be going to new worlds in their dreams? Huh...This game is probably going to be the strangest.
Are they all new (apart from the obvious)?

LS22

I hope they put Toy Story world and that when youre in that world you turn into a toy and your keyblade becomes a toy that would be cool

localorange

i dunno about LOD because in my head soras gotta find aqua first to get through Castle Oblivion, so maybe not until the next numbered game, but still cool idea

No - I'm thinking that LoD would be a dream world for Sora and Riku to uncover vital information about Ventus, Terra, Aqua, Master Xehanort, and Master Eraqus. They'd be basically uncovering backstory that the memories locked inside Sora's heart might not give them. They don't need to get Aqua for that at all. In fact, they shouldn't.

Axel's Fire

Website
www.youtube.com

What I want the most out of Dream Drop Distance is a great story. Don't get me wrong, gameplay mechanics are very important when it comes to the overall enjoyment and replayablity of a game, but I've come to find that the compelling and mysterious story is why I love Kingdom Hearts so much. I know a lot of people hate on KH2 for its button mashing/reaction command gameplay style and I don't blame them. That crap is super annoying, tedious, and predictable. However, I would rather replay KH2 a million times than replay Days for a third time. Why? KH2's story was phenomenal while Days just felt like Square stuck a vacuum in my wallet. Hopefully Square Enix brings its A game to the table for its next installment instead of using the power and intrigue of the unique 3DS to make an extra buck or two.

DarkBladeXIII

No - I'm thinking that LoD would be a dream world for Sora and Riku to uncover vital information about Ventus, Terra, Aqua, Master Xehanort, and Master Eraqus. They'd be basically uncovering backstory that the memories locked inside Sora's heart might not give them. They don't need to get Aqua for that at all. In fact, they shouldn't.
i see what you mean... and i see the importance of uncovering the backstory (well for sora anyways) but i dont reckon riku will have much interaction there, maybe the Keyblade graveyard as that is where Xehanort was last, and vanitas, andi get a feeling hes gonna be more involved in the darkness.

localorange

i see what you mean... and i see the importance of uncovering the backstory (well for sora anyways) but i dont reckon riku will have much interaction there, maybe the Keyblade graveyard as that is where Xehanort was last, and vanitas, andi get a feeling hes gonna be more involved in the darkness.

I think Riku could get some benefit out of it too - but that all depends on if he takes a trip to the Keyblade Graveyard. Or - actually, I think he could do both. I mean, all that needs to happen is for him to meet the LS in the keyblade graveyard, and maybe battle with him (bc I can see the LS sensing Riku's past with darkness and blaming Xehanort (even though he wouldn't be entirely wrong on that one XD), and then after the battle, the LS says something to the effect that, Riku is his chosen one, he's so happy he's here and he's figured out the light and the dark when he couldn't etc etc). Then Riku would be all, "Um.....Sora, I went to this complete wasteland and there's a walking keyblade armor calling me his chosen one. O.O"

If Riku remembers anything from the Rite of Succession that was performed on him when he was a kid, then the wheels in his head might start to turn, because as much as I love Sora, Riku is by far the more perceptive and astute one out of the two of them. Then a visit via dreams or a memory to the LoD would jog his memory incredibly quickly.

As far as what could happen in the LoD, I can see it going two ways - with people interaction or without people interactions, no matter if the world is presented to us as someone's memory or as a form of a dream. The main part of the world should absolutely be exploring the castle, and Sora and Riku could do things like pop into TAV and ME's bedrooms as well as the castle library to seek for the clues they need. If there is no human interaction (meaning SR doesn't talk to anyone in the LoD), then SR should be able to watch TAV and ME interact, and the end result would pretty much look like a memory from a pensieve à la Harry Potter.

But Riku just needs to connect the big massive keyblade that he most likely remembers touching the handle of (because that thing is memorably HUGE for a five year old boy), and see Terra wielding it with his own eyes. Then all is left for both Riku and Sora is to find out about Terra's tragic fate.

DarkBladeXIII

I think Riku could get some benefit out of it too - but that all depends on if he takes a trip to the Keyblade Graveyard. Or - actually, I think he could do both. I mean, all that needs to happen is for him to meet the LS in the keyblade graveyard, and maybe battle with him (bc I can see the LS sensing Riku's past with darkness and blaming Xehanort (even though he wouldn't be entirely wrong on that one XD), and then after the battle, the LS says something to the effect that, Riku is his chosen one, he's so happy he's here and he's figured out the light and the dark when he couldn't etc etc). Then Riku would be all, "Um.....Sora, I went to this complete wasteland and there's a walking keyblade armor calling me his chosen one. O.O"

If Riku remembers anything from the Rite of Succession that was performed on him when he was a kid, then the wheels in his head might start to turn, because as much as I love Sora, Riku is by far the more perceptive and astute one out of the two of them. Then a visit via dreams or a memory to the LoD would jog his memory incredibly quickly.

As far as what could happen in the LoD, I can see it going two ways - with people interaction or without people interactions, no matter if the world is presented to us as someone's memory or as a form of a dream. The main part of the world should absolutely be exploring the castle, and Sora and Riku could do things like pop into TAV and ME's bedrooms as well as the castle library to seek for the clues they need. If there is no human interaction (meaning SR doesn't talk to anyone in the LoD), then SR should be able to watch TAV and ME interact, and the end result would pretty much look like a memory from a pensieve à la Harry Potter.

But Riku just needs to connect the big massive keyblade that he most likely remembers touching the handle of (because that thing is memorably HUGE for a five year old boy), and see Terra wielding it with his own eyes. Then all is left for both Riku and Sora is to find out about Terra's tragic fate.

You just wanna explore the LoD dunt u?! lol
but no i think the power of LoD it too great even for the dream world but still, i can see illusions being made, filling in sora of TAV and ME's past, whilst riku follows terra MX and Vanitas alot, the memory of terra at DI and then SR battling some major boss.... yeh it could work

localorange

You just wanna explore the LoD dunt u?! lol
but no i think the power of LoD it too great even for the dream world but still, i can see illusions being made, filling in sora of TAV and ME's past, whilst riku follows terra MX and Vanitas alot, the memory of terra at DI and then SR battling some major boss.... yeh it could work

Was it that obvious? XDDD. Yeah, I just really want to explore the LoD castle.

And you do have a point. LoD was meant to be a world of balance, where light and dark meet and keep the scales even, so to speak. It would be a stretch to put heartless there, even in a memory or a dream format.

DarkBladeXIII

Was it that obvious? XDDD. Yeah, I just really want to explore the LoD castle.

And you do have a point. LoD was meant to be a world of balance, where light and dark meet and keep the scales even, so to speak. It would be a stretch to put heartless there, even in a memory or a dream format.
well i dunno they did that in recoded didnt they, and that was in a computer! i mean maybe one boss heartless at the most though, the balance kept by the light of SR and when defeated they are left wondering what just happened (like me when i wake up from a dream i cant remember lol)
but still its an interesting concept you have and still a possibility (btw wasn't Riku eight when he was given the power of the keyblade?)

localorange

but still its an interesting concept you have and still a possibility (btw wasn't Riku eight when he was given the power of the keyblade?)

BBS is supposed to take place 10 years before KH1. Riku is 15 in KH1, so by that logic, he'd be 5. Although since the ceremony happened near the end of Terra's scenario, he could also be 6 if one is to think that the events of BBS took a year to go through.

And yeah - Riku's a bit of a prodigy when he was a kid - I've never met a 5 year old who could get that seriously philosophical before. XDDD. I was raising my eyebrows at the end when Riku was all, "maybe someone out there is really hurting - you should open your heart up to them!" Every 5 year old I've ever ran into has been more like Sora when he was little.

DarkBladeXIII

BBS is supposed to take place 10 years before KH1. Riku is 15 in KH1, so by that logic, he'd be 5. Although since the ceremony happened near the end of Terra's scenario, he could also be 6 if one is to think that the events of BBS took a year to go through.

And yeah - Riku's a bit of a prodigy when he was a kid - I've never met a 5 year old who could get that seriously philosophical before. XDDD. I was raising my eyebrows at the end when Riku was all, "maybe someone out there is really hurting - you should open your heart up to them!" Every 5 year old I've ever ran into has been more like Sora when he was little.
oh right (where did i get eight from??)
lol ikr? every five yr old i meet tries to kick my shins in! really though rikus dosent seem to have smartened much, he was like a super genius at the age of 5/6 then it just stretched to fill his 16 yr old mind

sdr08

You know...maybe yensid will use that concept, to show Sora and Riku what happened to TVA, since Sora has pretty much ven's memories

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

KH2's story was phenomenal

Come again?

KH2's story wasn't very good. It could have had a decent story, but it was ruined by awful dialogue and overall terrible execution and presentation.

Epic_Finale722

Come again?

KH2's story wasn't very good. It could have had a decent story, but it was ruined by awful dialogue and overall terrible execution and presentation.

Aside from presentation, I agree. I really don't get how anyone can ask for a self contained story without mentioning KH2. Its just an extra long conclusion to KH1 and KH:CoM. It's also the only game without a major twist in the final act of the story.

I also don't want the same battle system as BBS, I want something new. The Kingdom Hearts franchise despite its highs and lows consistently improves battle mechanics.

3D looks to be delivering on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back