• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~ THE Terra CRITICS CLUB ~ "If He Only Had A Brain"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
~ THE Terra CRITICS CLUB ~
"If He Only Had A Brain"

Terra. The eldest of Master Eraqus' students and a shining example for the future of Keyblade Masters. He also happens to be the biggest idiot in the entirety of the series, constantly being tricked by the Disney villains into doing their whim until he's finally duped BIG TIME by his idol, Master Xehanort resulting in being partly responsible for the death of his own master and becoming possessed by Master Xehanort to become the series' main villain.​

~ CC Owner/Founder ~
Theart​

~ Members ~
Ethnic Woman
Ven95
rokudamia2
UnKNoWn_TWiLiGhT
AkiraKiyoshi
metrifyx
Jelai
fantasy08
CA59
~ Reasons Why ~
1. His stupidity is overly cringe-worthy, bringing a new meaning to "all brawns and no brains".
2. Didn't even begin to suspect a pattern of being manipulated by DISNEY VILLAINS through out the entirety of the game, much less Master Xehanort.
3. He missed the STRANGER DANGER lesson

Last edited:

Theart

Awards
Welcome aboard, Ethnic~

I'm glad I finally did this. I'd been meaning to for quite some time.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I like Terra, but his stupidity was never explained, but it's more him being naive to me.

That and his darkness, where did that even come from in the middle of the MoM?

Theart

Awards
I like Terra, but his stupidity was never explained, but it's more him being naive to me.

That and his darkness, where did that even come from in the middle of the MoM?

I like Terra too. But what was meant to be him being naive translated into him being the dictionary definition of sheer stupidity.

Most likely MX influenced the circumstances for him to utilize it. Perhaps because he messed with those orbs right before Terra and Aqua's duels?

blueheart

Bronze Member
Most likely MX influenced the circumstances for him to utilize it. Perhaps because he messed with those orbs right before Terra and Aqua's duels?

That was such a little thing though... I don't think just being around a little darkness would do that to someone's heart.

Theart

Awards
That was such a little thing though... I don't think just being around a little darkness would do that to someone's heart.

No, I don't mean it like that. I mean that the aura of darkness may have stirred the darkness already within Terra and when he struggled with his fight against Aqua, it showed up.

Theart

Awards
But why would it have affected Terra, and not Aqua or Ven?

You haven't paid much attention to the Secret Xehanort Reports or BBS Ultimania, have you? xD

MX knew that Terra had a deep darkness within his heart that would be ideal to taking over Terra's body; but he needed to awaken it entirely and have Terra completely submit himself to it.

As for Aqua and Ven; Ven's darkness had already been extracted four years prior when MX created Vanitas. As for Aqua, according to the Ultimania, her light was strong enough to act as an understudy for Ven to aid Vanitas in creating the xBlade if Ven failed to work. I'd imagine the darkness MX used in the MoM Exam was far from being enough to affect Aqua.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
joinage PLEASE

Terra annoys me so much.

So easy to manipulate. He even got manipulated by captain hook for pete's sake.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I'm joining.

I'm pretty sure the can of doctor pepper i'm drinking right now is smarter than terra.

By the way wanna be affiliates with the bbs critics club.

LeeLu

Not sure if I'll join since I adore Terra but just the name of this club made me burst out laughing. And yes, I've seen many a valid point.

Although I have to say, it really doesn't come as a surprise that Terra was easy to manipulate. He is extremely ambitious, a big red flag for darkness which Eraqus never handled properly. He avoided the issue not wanting to see something he abhorred so much in his "son", thus Terra never learned to recognize his own darkness let alone control and conquer it before MX turns up.

Theart

Awards
I'm joining.

I'm pretty sure the can of doctor pepper i'm drinking right now is smarter than terra.

By the way wanna be affiliates with the bbs critics club.

Quite possible. And yes, I approve of the affiliation with the BBS Critics Club.

Not sure if I'll join since I adore Terra but just the name of this club made me burst out laughing.

[video=youtube;8RjXY_-PUbo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RjXY_-PUbo[/video]

Thank you, I'm glad it's humorous. Also, you can still be a Terra fan and join. I'm a bit of a Terra fan as well, but his stupidity is so noteworthy that this club's existence was necessary IMO.

And yes, I've seen many a valid point.

Thanks again. :D

Although I have to say, it really doesn't come as a surprise that Terra was easy to manipulate. He is extremely ambitious, a big red flag for darkness which Eraqus never handled properly. He avoided the issue not wanting to see something he abhorred so much in his "son", thus Terra never learned to recognize his own darkness let alone control and conquer it before MX turns up.

That is true, and as I've said in other threads, I would be totally fine with this if Terra actually realized at some point about half way into the game that he seemed to have a habit of getting tricked and being more cautious with who he approached. He never did, and was always surprised every time he was duped.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
*dies laughing at the subtitle*

Awww, I can't really join this. He IS an idiot, but to me, that's just part of his charm (until the end-then it's heartwrenching). My feelings for his scenario are similar to my feelings for KH2: sure, there are some really stupid moments, but that's what makes it fun! :D

And Terra's not a COMPLETE idiot. He didn't help "Captain Dark" and he didn't really trust Captain Hook or the Evil Queen; he just went along with them because he thought they would lead him to what he wanted. And as for Master Xehanort...if I hadn't known better, I think I would have believed him during that first meeting with Terra in the Keyblade Graveyard. He sounded genuinely remorseful and horrified with himself over what he'd done to Ven. So, I can understand Terra falling for THAT. He's a nice guy who's lived a sheltered life in the Land of Departure; he's never had a reason to NOT trust people.

The only reason why Ven and Sora don't make the same mistakes is because they arrive on different worlds at the right time, and the villains present themselves as villains. Otherwise...remember how Ven kindly handed the poisoned apple back to the Evil Queen? He had no idea that she was evil. But nobody really acknowledges this because A) he only does this once and B) it'd be an easy mistake to make. But it's also a great example of how Terra's whole story could've theroetically happened to any of the heroes, if the heroes had been constantly arriving in the wrong places at the wrong times.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
There's not SOME stupid and idiotic moments. He literally got tricked by every disney villain he came across, excluding pete. I like Terra too, but no one can be that stupid.

And for Captain Hook, he still got manipulated by him when he overheard them talking about light. Without completely knowing what exactly they were talking about, Terra still went along with him even though he himself didn't really know what was in that box. And for Maleficent, I would agree that he didn't trust her, but he still went along with her which still makes him stupid for doing that because she mentioned Xehenort at the last minute to probably get him to come in the castle.

Last edited:

UnKNoWn_TWiLiGhT

There's a critique club about Terra?...
...JOINAGE, PLEASE.

Don't get me wrong, I like Terra, but the guy is such an idiot, and a dangerous one at that.

Also, anyone here watch Hellfirecomm's BBS commentary? The guys completely bash Terra throughout his story, along with other parts of BBS's flaws.

metrifyx

I'd love to join. I thought he was going to be badass but his stupidity made him look like a little kid in a grown man's body.

LeeLu

Not to beat a dead horse, but quite a lot of these reasons are what make Terra remind me of Sora. He just has much worse timing than Sora and no Donald and Goofy to say "hey this guy is suspicious" or "you think this is a good idea? h-yuk!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back