• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ifrit's Gauntlet - Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Ifrit Cup
a Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy gauntlet

Many millenia ago, the God-King Ifrit sought to expand his dominon beyond the bowels of the Under-Realm the into the world of Men. Ifrit was of unmatched strength compared to the God-Kings of his ilk, and many had fallen to the expansion of his Kingdom. However, Ifrit's zeal and pride were also unmatched. Many of his enemies' fallen subjects looked with disdain upon their new ruler, only to find the rage of his scorn to be their doom. Ifrit sent half of his progeny to the surface world where there were many years of great forest fires that swept across the land; many were lost in their wake. The other half of his progeny was sent as an emissary to the Sun-God Phoenix with gifts pilfered from the God-King's felled foes. In return for this offering, the Sun-God shone brightly down on the lands of Men, and there was great famine. It seemed as if the human race would be doomed to fall to the God-King. But, the progeny of the God-King's foes, so angered by the offering of their former kingdoms' treasures to the Sun-God, rose up against Ifrit and a fierce battle ensued. Without his progeny to fight alongside him in this battle, Ifrit was slain, and his body was sealed into a Crucible of Flame. And so the God-King's kingdom was lost. However, his rage could not even be contained in death. With the power of hellfire, he forged the Crucible's Flame into his body and was born anew. Ifrit rose upward from the depths of the Earth, erupting into the lands of Men, spewing lava, sulphur, and smoke in to the air for a hundred years. In order to appease the God-King's rage, an offering of silver forged in the name of the God-King's kingdom is thrown into his mouth, which is now the opening of a great volcano. This is the legend of Ifrit, the God-King of the underworld who's rage was so mighty that even death could not quell it. - heraldric inscriptions on Habam city-state coat of arms

Structure:
Participants will download a specific file that contains a quest for the game. The quests are a round-robin style tournament that matches preset characters against the game's AI, with special rules in effect. If players are successful, they will be presented with a specific six-digit code in-game which they can use to redeem the Forum Award. Players may also submit videos of their trials.

Prize:
The adoration and affection of your peers. But incase that's not enough, you'll get an award for your postbit:
gauntletifrit_small.gif

gauntletifrit_big.png

"Hey bro! Watch me light up your profile with my adorable mug!" - Ifrit

Rules:
You must post what quest you are taking. They are all the same, but contain different codes. You are limited to one code per gauntlet and you will be rewarded with one award per gauntlet you complete. Your username will be entered in as the quest you chose. I made 10 to start but I will make more if there are enough participants.

When you receive your code, send me a private message to redeem your trophy.

ALSO: Replay videos would be nice. You might get featured on FFN! :> I would also like to make a specific YouTube channel for these videos so a copy of the video sent to me would be ideal.

Quests: (Remember to post which one you're taking before you download!)
Quest 1 Maku
Quest 2 Sign
Quest 3 PrinnyGod
Quest 4 Silverslide
Quest 5 supernatural25
Quest 6 Evangeline
Quest 7 FinalKingdmBlade
Quest 8 Mr. Crowley
Quest 9 Pinwheel
Quest 10 Ethnic Woman
Quest 11
Quest 12
Quest 13 Souji Seta
Quest 14 E.J.
Quest 15 VirusCoreHacker

FAQ:
Q: I need a question answered!
A: Ask in this thread so I can put it in the FAQ, Jack.

Q: What do I do with the file I downloaded?
A: Extract the .RAR's folder to your desktop with an unpacker such as WinRAR. Connect your PSP to your computer via USB and open up to the SAVEDATA folder. Place the extracted folder inside. You should be able to then play the quest data in the Creation Mode menu when you launch Dissidia 012.

Q: Is there a deadline?
A: Nope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coeurl

Demon Dance
not gonna join but i have something to ask. arent Quests region locked or something?

Dark Wing

Awards
not gonna join but i have something to ask. arent Quests region locked or something?
i've heard that some files can be made compatible by changing the folder's name to match whatever region of the game you have. will probably work for quests too :]

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
I guess I'll take quest one.

battle videos shall be recorded :3

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I'll take quest 9 I suppose.
Players may also submit videos of their trials.
May or must? And can we choose any of the fights?

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'll try my hand at Quest 2 then :3

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Don't have the game yet, but since there is no time limit I'll take quest 4.

This time i will get you a video toney lol

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I hadn't realized how challenging this was until getting a little further in. Holy shit.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
Taking quest 1, bro.

I'll post some battle videos. Only. Is that fine?

Doing it as Gilgamesh.

EDIT: Screw it, says data's corrupted.

Last edited:

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
I hadn't realized how challenging this was until getting a little further in. Holy shit.
I beat mine a bit ago. There were two that I had trouble with (that second battle... O.O), the battle rules made it a lot harder than I thought it'd be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back