• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

UN Sanctioned Attack on Libya (As Reported by MSNBC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
My thoughts are, we don't really need another war, but the UN seems dead-set on policing the entire world, so there isn't much you or I can do about it. They're well aware how the public at large feel.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
My thoughts are, we don't really need another war, but the UN seems dead-set on policing the entire world, so there isn't much you or I can do about it. They're well aware how the public at large feel.
The UN is a committee body that only works as long as people agree to abide by the rules they all agree upon.

Muammer Gaddafi is killing his own people. He has openly denied that there is any kind of resistance to his leadership when we all knew there was. And now that he absolutely refuses to give up power, he is killing Libyan citizens. He cannot be allowed to get away with what he is doing. An intervention was necessary and I'm personally disappointed that Australia didn't offer some kind of military involvement.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
He sounds like he wants to be Hitler.

Let the man die already.

I'm surprised nobody within his office has tried to kill him yet.

Alaude Drenxta

The UN is a committee body that only works as long as people agree to abide by the rules they all agree upon.

Muammer Gaddafi is killing his own people. He has openly denied that there is any kind of resistance to his leadership when we all knew there was. And now that he absolutely refuses to give up power, he is killing Libyan citizens. He cannot be allowed to get away with what he is doing. An intervention was necessary and I'm personally disappointed that Australia didn't offer some kind of military involvement.

I do agree with you, emotionally, I really do. However, if every self-proclaimed world power were forced to step in every time someone in another country does something they don't agree with, there must come a time when the line is drawn in the sand.

At what point exactly are we crossing the border from what is and is not our business? Or, to put the question in a more forgiving tone, at what point does the dealings of other nations become something that has nothing to do with us, and where we have no place sticking our noses in and telling everyone what they are and are not allowed to do?

No one currently assaulting Libya has any sovereignty over the nation, no real legitimate right to step in and take control. I agree that something should be done, especially since both sides have refused to cooperate with international sanctions as well as a complete refusal for a peaceful resolution, but if they are so damn intent on fighting to the bitter end, perhaps it would just be best to allow them to do so by their own will. I certainly never asked them to flare up a war off the cuff, and I don't see it as my personal responsibility to clean up a mess that they themselves chose to start.

As for Gadhafi, he's more along the lines of Castro and Kim Jong Il than Hitler. It isn't like he's leveling cities and committing mass-genocide over there. He isn't being gracious about it, I'll admit, but he's just trying to shut down a rebellion he sees as a threat to his country, regardless of his legitimacy to rule.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Its in a sense good to see the UN being the driving force behind a military campaign, as opposed to the US just doing their thing. Still its not like this campaign is at all unnecessary. Not to say that Iraq eg aren't necessary, well, rather not trying to push anyone's buttons.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
This isn't going to end well. Either Gadhafi will get killed by the rebellion, from the inside, or from foreign countries who are in Libya, if that's plausible.

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
I just like to post this political cartoon, I found it amusing.

cartoons031104.jpg

Also is Gadhafi fighting the citizens or these "rebels". I don't see the since of stepping in fighting with these rebels not knowing who they are or what their future intentions are. Right now there going through a tribal war. We're intervening in this nations own civil war and we need to stay out of it. I have a feeling Gadhafi will soon just sending nothing but ground troops spread out everywhere, and this were this hell storm is going to get really bad.

Also once everything is done who will take control of the country?Hopefully not ending up a puppet state like Iraq. To me the UN air raids aren't making anything better just much worse.
Also what makes this any different of a situation compared to the mass slaughter and clivil war in Sudan, and protesting unrests in Bahrain right now( their government firing at protesters)? Hell government forces are firing back at protesters in Saudi Arabia. Why the double standard?

Not letting the rebels win this war on their own will insure this will be another Iraq if not worse..But that depends if there will be ground troops sent down there or not.

Last edited:

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Countries don't care about "the people",it's all about the oil in Libya

Sadly, this is the reality of the world. If there were a second American civil war, in theory, other countries would definately get involved, but only because we are the largest economy, right? Plus, we got resources, which other countries want.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Sadly, this is the reality of the world. If there were a second American civil war, in theory, other countries would definately get involved, but only because we are the largest economy, right? Plus, we got resources, which other countries want.

I think that's why the brits sided with the south in the civil war.

I mean I bet if they would've won, the brits would've taken over imo.

(on offense to the brits on this site, if they take that offensively)

Alaude Drenxta

I doubt they would take it offensively, because that is exactly what they were after.

Its in a sense good to see the UN being the driving force behind a military campaign, as opposed to the US just doing their thing. Still its not like this campaign is at all unnecessary. Not to say that Iraq eg aren't necessary, well, rather not trying to push anyone's buttons.

This is probably the single worst incident of fence straddling I have ever seen. Grow an opinion, man.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
I think that's why the brits sided with the south in the civil war.

I mean I bet if they would've won, the brits would've taken over imo.

Yeah, you're probably right. The United Kingdom bought loads of cotton from the United States. Back to the subject at hand, I don't think this will escalate into a war between other nations, however, it will strain tensions in the Middle Eats even further, ESPECIALLY if Gadhafi is overthrown, as it will spark more rebellion in the region.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
There's probably an incentive for being there. Just happened to have slipped my mind, oh how careless of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back