• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Better if it came out after BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Was just thinking about why Days was a disappointment, and one of those reasons were the lack of info on TVA and Xehanort. Well, obviously, the reason for that lack of info was to not spoil BBS. Couldn't that of been avoided by releasing Days after BBS? Was it a poor choice to release Days before BBS? idk, just my thoughts. Discuss if you want.

Maxyli138

Probably wouldn't matter to me. The part I didn't like about Days was the boring gameplay. The story was all right. But if BbS was released first, what would happen to the part in Blank Points where Roxas and Xion say Sora's name? Would it be made the secret ending of Days instead? We sort of had a sneak peek at Ventus when Xigbar sees Xion as him. But that's the most info given about BbS that I can think of.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Days wasn't a disappointment to me. It might have had more development in it if BBS had been released first, but the main purpose of Days was Roxas' time in the Organization. I guess they didn't want to get sidetracted from the topic by including many flashbacks from BBS. And, plus there was some spoilers like Xemnas standing in front of Roxas' bed while he's in a coma for nearly a month and he says to him something along the lines of "Yet you sleep again." So, this is probably a reference to Terra when he had that vision of Ventus sleeping while at Enchanted Dominion after Maleficent had just stolen Princess Aurora's heart.

Crystal

Silver Member
I don't think Days was dissapointed me. Days did explain something like how Roxas dual wield, What Xemnas get from the battle with Sora in KH1FM (Xion's creation) and actually Days did give Riku some roles. And why Xigbar see Xion as Ven would make BBS even a valuable game.

Stars

リク
I don't think Days was dissapointed me. Days did explain something like how Roxas dual wield, What Xemnas get from the battle with Sora in KH1FM (Xion's creation) and actually Days did give Riku some roles. And why Xigbar see Xion as Ven would make BBS even a valuable game.

Yeah :)
Days does give some hints about BBS..
And I don't find Days to be annoying or what. :\

Crystal

Silver Member
Yeah :)
Days does give some hints about BBS..
And I don't find Days to be annoying or what. :\

I think is because of the repetitve mission making people felt annoyed with Days?

Crystal

Silver Member
I never play Days, so I don't know about the mission and gameplay things. :)
But from what I heard, is the repetitive of missions and....Xion..

Xion did having her own uniqueness in the game though...

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've though this since forever. It would have been so much better if they'd released it later, to actually link BBS to KH2 in a much more relevant way, and solve some mysteries about the Org. Then they wouldn't have had to resort to throwing a new character in for appeal. Look how that turned out... /shudders

But no, they wanted to release their org multiplayer gimmick game asap. And that's how it usually is with Nomura, isn't it? He even said so in the BBS Ultimania. Come up with gameplay gimmicks THEN worry about the plot and flow and all that extra jazz. He said he learned his lesson with BBS though, hope he keeps on learning :3

zaqareemalcolm

I've though this since forever. It would have been so much better if they'd released it later, to actually link BBS to KH2 in a much more relevant way, and solve some mysteries about the Org. Then they wouldn't have had to resort to throwing a new character in for appeal. Look how that turned out... /shudders

But no, they wanted to release their org multiplayer gimmick game asap. And that's how it usually is with Nomura, isn't it? He even said so in the BBS Ultimania. Come up with gameplay gimmicks THEN worry about the plot and flow and all that extra jazz. He said he learned his lesson with BBS though, hope he keeps on learning :3
I wouldn't really say that its is a gimmick game-type of thing (OR whatever you want to call it).

yomitchymitch

Honestly, most games are made for gameplay. Not story. So if he's planning for someone new to KH to pick up a KH game. Gameplay should come first. Ya dig?:)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Honestly, most games are made for gameplay. Not story. So if he's planning for someone new to KH to pick up a KH game. Gameplay should come first. Ya dig?:)

Of course gameplay is important, but screwing the plot around simply to fit some shiny gimmick he randomly thought up is what creates problems in this series. There's a right way and a wrong way to do it.

Like take for example the Sora's ruined memories. Nomura wanted to have the card gameplay, and he wanted to make the cards based on memories, and the plot of CoM was built from that. Which is fine when you still work hard on the plot and have it flow and mesh properly, which imo it did in CoM.

But then look at Days. Nomura wanted to make a multiplayer handheld game. He decided the Org would be the best group to do this with. Then he asked the lady who wrote the game novels to come up with a plot for him. Imo, this plot ended up stretched waaaay too thin and leaned too heavily on one base-breaking new character. All for the sake of a multiplayer gimmick. If you're going to pull plot out of your ass to enable gameplay gimmicks, it is very difficult to pull off especially if you're doing a prequel.

Toadles

Did he learn his lesson with BBS? He wanted it on the PsP(less disc space) for the Mirage Arena multiplayer features, and as a result, the Disney scenarios were rather short and fragmented.

If Re:Coded and 3D doesn't have that stuff, then that's probably where he stopped with that. KH just isn't a multiplayer game, they should leave it as a...you know....rpg.

Youniquee

Awards
Did he learn his lesson with BBS? He wanted it on the PsP(less disc space) for the Mirage Arena multiplayer features, and as a result, the Disney scenarios were rather short and fragmented.

If Re:Coded and 3D doesn't have that stuff, then that's probably where he stopped with that. KH just isn't a multiplayer game, they should leave it as a...you know....rpg.

I thought the Disney worlds were fragmented because we visit the worlds 3 times...if it was like KH2, where one world is like 1 hour gameplay time, we'd get tired of seeing them.
Though, IMO they were too short at times.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I still think Xion being introduced isn't what ruined the game so much as that she was ALL The game had. And this relates back to the topic of this thread and yes, had Days came AFTER BBS I think it would've been better.

They could've showed us more about Braig instead of tiptoeing about him being this freaky person. "What does he know?" Would've been replaced with "oh shi- oh shi- oh shi-" at what he DOES know and what he's DOING about it.

Xemnas could've been shown in the Chamber of Repose, conversing with Aqua's armor or something without them fearing "spoiling" us about Xemnas's connection to Terra, and it would've given more value to him telling Roxas that 'sleep took you again'. Instead of one BBS-related comment that doesn't connect to anything solid beyond what we were not supposed to know already, it would've tied to what BBS told us and what Days showed. But it's like they expected us to know that Xemnas = Terra and go with it >_>;

Roxas and Xion both could've profitted from this, especially Roxas. Because then they could mess not only with Sora's Memories, but also Ven's, and then Roxas could've gotten his own identity issue instead of leeching off of Xion. And it would've been interesting - now that Xion took all the "Sora", the "Ven" in Roxas could've surfaced and he'd have been confused over Memories of someone other than the boy in red. But because we weren't supposed to be certain of what Roxas and Ven's bond was, Roxas was stuck running emblem errands while Xion looked like Ven as part of her being the game's true Sora.

Axel. Oh, Axel. Instant dilemma and conflict about his friendship with Roxas. Is here there for the orders? For Ven? Or for this new baby-person that appeared next to him? Don't leave US to think that, SHOW it, and thus prevent it from possibly DOWNPLAYING Axel and Roxas's friendship because hey, he's there for Ven or something.
Would also exlpain Saix's hostility better.

But showing us even half of those things BEFORE BBS came out would've been spoiling BBS, and still illogical since we'd need BBS to understand those stuff.

Still, I blame a lot more Days' wasted potential on it being between KH1 and KH2. Regardless of anything, they couldn't really DO anything because that might've contradicted KH2.

Flickr

Smile. You are winner. I totally agree. Yep yep, I think it would have been SO much better after BBS. But ya know what? It didn't, there's nothing WE can do about it. I still like the game, so whatever...

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I still think Xion being introduced isn't what ruined the game so much as that she was ALL The game had. And this relates back to the topic of this thread and yes, had Days came AFTER BBS I think it would've been better.

Exactly. She wasn't a cause, she was the badly applied treatment to the festering wound of: what the hell do we do about a plot?

They could've showed us more about Braig instead of tiptoeing about him being this freaky person. "What does he know?" Would've been replaced with "oh shi- oh shi- oh shi-" at what he DOES know and what he's DOING about it.

Xemnas could've been shown in the Chamber of Repose, conversing with Aqua's armor or something without them fearing "spoiling" us about Xemnas's connection to Terra, and it would've given more value to him telling Roxas that 'sleep took you again'. Instead of one BBS-related comment that doesn't connect to anything solid beyond what we were not supposed to know already, it would've tied to what BBS told us and what Days showed. But it's like they expected us to know that Xemnas = Terra and go with it >_>;

Yep, both things I've thought also.

Roxas and Xion both could've profitted from this, especially Roxas. Because then they could mess not only with Sora's Memories, but also Ven's, and then Roxas could've gotten his own identity issue instead of leeching off of Xion. And it would've been interesting - now that Xion took all the "Sora", the "Ven" in Roxas could've surfaced and he'd have been confused over Memories of someone other than the boy in red. But because we weren't supposed to be certain of what Roxas and Ven's bond was, Roxas was stuck running emblem errands while Xion looked like Ven as part of her being the game's true Sora.

Even better, why do they need Xion at all with all delicious Ven/Sora/Roxas/Namine drama :p

Still, I blame a lot more Days' wasted potential on it being between KH1 and KH2. Regardless of anything, they couldn't really DO anything because that might've contradicted KH2.

Don't you see it's the exact same thing? They could have used Days to bridge BBS and KH2 instead of bridging KH1 and KH2. Now it seems BBSv2 is going to do this...

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Even better, why do they need Xion at all with all delicious Ven/Sora/Roxas/Namine drama :p

Well aware you think that Days-Roxas was characterized as a result of Xion, but seeing how I disagree -
Because Roxas as he's portrayed in Days might not have gone along with the whole 'leaving the Org' bit.
Then there's the debatable quote of how Nomura imagined Roxas leaving the Org over a girl his age. Whether or not you believe in it - that's what the man said.
And besides, without Xion, they'd have had a harder time forcing SoKai in, durrr

Don't you see it's the exact same thing? They could have used Days to bridge BBS and KH2 instead of bridging KH1 and KH2. Now it seems BBSv2 is going to do this...

Or they could've expanded into new directions, but they had KH2 killing any chances they had of doing it. Demyx and Luxord, for instance, are a third of the Org we got to see in Days (sans RAX). They had nothing to do with BBS. But they still couldn't expand on those two, for instance, because that would be redundant in light of KH2.
And to be fair - BBSv2 is going to be the bridge because of Aqua and the RoD - two things Days never had any intentions of dealing with, nor had too much of an option to do.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I personally think Days should've been held back until the 3DS era. It could've used the extra effort and maybe the multiplayer would have been much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back