• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your most emotionally intense moments in Final Fantasy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guernsey

Awards
One the things that made Final Fantasy so great was the emotionally intense moments that th series had especially with Uematsu doing the music. One of my moments is where in FFVI, Locke finally had some closure on his girlfriend dying, how Cyan lost his whole livelihood as wella sthe kingdom of Doma and Terra resolving to protect the children.

In FFV, Galuf's sacrifice counts as well as Syldra's demise.

Fire's fan

probably holed up somewhere watching Black Butler
re: Your most emotionally intense moments in Final Fantasy. *Spoilers*

I haven't played a lot of FF's but I found the scene when Hope confronts Snow about his mother's death, tries to kill him, then Snow saves him anyway, to be very heart-wreanching to me

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al

Mine? Let's see...
- Aerith dies, I mean someone had to post it right? I really did feel emotional, it was first time I ever saw someone die in a heroic/tragic way on screen. Video game or otherwise.
- The scene in XIII where Hope's mom and all those other people die. Just senseless...
- The "1000 Words" scene from X-2
- The ending of IV, but that was more happy/exciting than sad.
- The ending of X, probably the most touching scene in the whole series imo.
And lastly, XIII's ending. The combination of Vanille's speech and Dajh and Serah walking out unharmed..... I just really liked it. I only wish that the epilogue from the 360 release had been put in the game, after reading it I think it would have made the ending even better. I hope they use it for the intro of XIII-2!

Last edited:

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

1x1td.gif

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards

Sorry, I'm a man. A manly man with no emotions. Except hunger!

Shinra

Banned
Awards

The Ending of Crisis Core: FF7, the memories coming full circle in this was really impacting me... It hurt alot when Zack died, I still tear up kinda everytime I watch the ending cutscene...

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

^Yeah, surprised nobody mentioned it. As over-the-top as it was, Zack's death in Crisis Core really was touching. You knew it was going to happen, but you got so emotionally attached to him you were just like.. come on man.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, I'd have to agree with Shinra and Pinwheel and say Zack's death. It was predictable, but man... it was hard trying not to cry.

Shinra

Banned
Awards

yeah, then there was this one moment in Final Fantasy Tactics when Delita and Ovelia were at the ruins and Delita made a promise to erect a true kingdom where no one would worry about some things

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

You've reminded me twice. ._.
FFT had a LOT of emotional moments for me. I really liked Delita and Ramza's relationship, until shit went sour and Delita slowly started turning himself into an asshole against everybody, and it made things painful to watch. Then finally when Delita dies at the ending scene when he gets stabbed, I actually felt sorry that he had to have all of that happen to him.

siegleeagle

The Ending of Crisis Core: FF7, the memories coming full circle in this was really impacting me... It hurt alot when Zack died, I still tear up kinda everytime I watch the ending cutscene...

Man I completely forgot about that!!! It mad me bawl too.

Digidude111

Whem Zack died. I know the VII compilation is overrated, but I just felt that Zack didn't deserve to die. We had come to like and admire him through his long journey, his character was much more interesting and complex than Cloud's was.

Mr. Crowley

Banned

I completely agree. I've never felt emptier after playing a video game than when I finished Crisis Core.

Coeurl

Demon Dance

Zack's death in Crisis Core.
and that ending scene of FFX, where Yuna tried to stop Tidus from fading :c

oh my god. i forgot about this

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

When Lightning slaps Fang. When Hope confronts master douchebag (Snow). When Sazh 'kills' himself' ("Sugar and rainbows!!!!"). When Vanille and Fang confront each other before fighting that bastard Eidolon. Hmm... yeah the only FF I've beaten is XIII so I don't have that many moments except whatever happened in that.

oh and when Barthandelus Sarah reveals Lightning's true name.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Re: Your most emotionally intense moments in Final Fantasy. *Spoilers*

oh and when Barthandelus Sarah reveals Lightning's true name.
Loved that one. Hearing barthandelus recount the legend of Ragnarok using Serah's form was creepy.

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al

^ I forgot about that! Definitely one of the more memorable scenes in a FF. Freaked me out because for the first 20 seconds or so I was like "SERAAAAHHH!! YOU'RE ALIVE! But... oh.... well, that's sort of unsettling...)

Janus Q

mine is a typical and probably already heard of moment. it's one that always stays with me and made me feel incredibly awestruck. the first time I saw Aerith in FF7 killed by Sephiroth. Allot of people mention this allot but for me it has meaning. when i first saw this scene i was speechless, i thought when i switched discs Aerith would be alive and well or in a coma at least, but instead she was dead and never coming back. i was in denial of the whole thing until i beat the game, the problem was i got emotionally attached to Aerith during my playthrough of FF7 back when the PS1 was still out. this was the first game i ever played where i was impacted emotionally by a characters death. i would find myself going back to the ancient's city hoping for some secret cutscene or a way to revive her, however no matter how many hours i clocked or how much of the FF7 world i explored it couldn't bring back my favorite flower girl. that was my first emotionally intense moment in playing FF games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back