• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBSV2 for a Main Game Console (LEGIT discussion RESTRICTED to FACT)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna825

Why is everyone convinced BBSV2 will be for the PSP or NPG? Seriously, its a pretty important plot development; three new characters were introduced and it will probably play a significant part in KHIII.

If this is possibly the last, or second to last game released before KHIII, wouldn't Nomura want all the fans to be caught up on the entire plot of BBS? So everyone who didn't play BBS doesn't wonder who Aqua, Terra, or the Roxas-look-alike are? So who's to say that BBSV2 isn't a rehash of the series made for say...the PS3?

I mean, it's about time we had a remake of a game for the PS3, and if BBS doesn't deserve a remake to bring a larger fandom into the story, I don't know what game does.

And, think about it, If KHIII is released for the PS3, wouldn't it make sense to release a KH game before it for the PS3? To get the PS3 audience all hyped up? And for every fan that didn't waste money on the outdated PSP, to fill them in on the plot?

I've been saying that its time KH got a game on a main console...well, then it just occured to me: there's NO proof the BBSV2 will not be on a main console. Chain of Memories was an immensely popular remake, and it makes sense as important a plot as BBS should get a remake on a MGC as well.

Is my reasoning way off the mark?

Last edited:
Awards
Re: BBSV2 for a Main Game Console..why not?

Well, there is no team (that we know of) that can work on PS3 game for Kingdom Hearts right now.

Anna825

Well, there is no team (that we know of) that can work on PS3 game for Kingdom Hearts right now.

Excluding that fact...

There's no proof BBSV2 has even started development, contrary to popular belief..

Awards

Excluding that fact...

There's no proof BBSV2 has even started development, contrary to popular belief..

That's true, but it's still a problem. The only team (that we know of) that could work on a PS3 Kingdom Hearts game has been working on Verses for a long time.

All other developers have been working on the games we've been getting recently. Right?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'd just like to mention that the title of this thread bothers me. The platform a game is developed for in no way determines how important a game is. But that's neither here nor there.

Excluding that fact...

All of those implications towards the game in interviews made throughout the past year must've been our imaginations then.

That's true, but it's still a problem. The only team (that we know of) that could work on a PS3 Kingdom Hearts game has been working on Verses for a long time.

All other developers have been working on the games we've been getting recently. Right?

Team Osaka - 3D
h.a.n.d. - ?
KH Team - Versus
Whatever team that made the original coded - ?

Anna825

All of those implications towards the game in interviews made throughout the past year must've been our imaginations then.

Well, I wasn't gonna go there, but since you came out and said what I've been thinking since I read all this discussion based on fluff over a game that has absolutely no possibility of being released anytime soon...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well, I wasn't gonna go there, but since you came out and said what I've been thinking since I read all this discussion based on fluff over a game that has absolutely no possibility of being released anytime soon...

This "mysterious game" has been teased since before BBS was released. You can't ignore it, and it is most logical that it will be coming out sooner than you think because of the fact BBSFM's Secret Episode is one big gameplay tease.

k99y77

Awards

your right i hope they bring it to a main console, its been a long time since i played a KH on my TV :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

your right i hope they bring it to a main console, its been a long time since i played a KH on my TV :)

You can use AV wires to play BBS on your tv. o_o

And I'd rather Nomura put his energy in KH3 on a "main console"

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Why is everyone convinced BBSV2 will be for the PSP or NPG? Seriously, its a pretty important plot development; three new characters were introduced and it will probably play a significant part in KHIII.
Because it appears to be the direct sequel to BBS.

If this is possibly the last, or second to last game released before KHIII, wouldn't Nomura want all the fans to be caught up on the entire plot of BBS? So everyone who didn't play BBS doesn't wonder who Aqua, Terra, or the Roxas-look-alike are? So who's to say that BBSV2 isn't a rehash of the series made for say...the PS3?
Because of the new scenes introduced in BBS:FM with Aqua in the Realm of Darkness; that's all insinuating completely unseen events.
BBS might one day get a remake on a home console but Volume 2 isn't a remake. Or else they wouldn't have showcased it in the FM of BBS.

I mean, it's about time we had a remake of a game for the PS3, and if BBS doesn't deserve a remake to bring a larger fandom into the story, I don't know what game does.
Not that I don't want these games to eventually get updated graphics, but I really don't see how it's been long enough for any of these games to get remade. The oldest is Days which came out in 09; that wasn't long ago. It took four years for them to remake COM for the PS2.

And, think about it, If KHIII is released for the PS3, wouldn't it make sense to release a KH game before it for the PS3? To get the PS3 audience all hyped up? And for every fan that didn't waste money on the outdated PSP, to fill them in on the plot?
That doesn't really make sense considering the only team who has PS3 knowledge is still working on Versus. That would also double the time it takes to get KH3.

I've been saying that its time KH got a game on a main console...well, then it just occured to me: there's NO proof the BBSV2 will not be on a main console. Chain of Memories was an immensely popular remake, and it makes sense as important a plot as BBS should get a remake on a MGC as well.

Is my reasoning way off the mark?
No, there isn't proof that it won't be on a home console. There isn't proof that it won't be on the 3DS either. But using logic dictates that it's most likely to fall on the PSP/NGP.

I'd sooner wish BBS and Volume 2 land on the PSN so people with PS3's could download them to get up to date with the storyline.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No, there isn't proof that it won't be on a home console. There isn't proof that it won't be on the 3DS either. But using logic dictates that it's most likely to fall on the PSP/NGP.

I'd sooner wish BBS and Volume 2 land on the PSN so people with PS3's could download them to get up to date with the storyline.

Those statements. It is logical they fall in the PSP/NGP area considering where BBS came out on. It is even more logical for it to be on the PSP, but that is not the "NGP vs PSP" thread.

And I'd rather it end up on the PSN so people will stop complaining about how they can't play it and it will be accessible to everybody with a PS3, PSPGo (ew), and NGP.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Just to clarify, making BBSV2 would explain the time line after KH2?

and personally, id say PSP. I mean they already have the engine so far and many teams who are experienced with the PSP.
Surely most people who wanted to play Birth By Sleep already have a PSP, so I guess it all comes down to if people rather have a PSP version with a earlier release day or an NGP version with 'many years to go release day' (that is if it becomes console exclusive, hell why not both).

what do you guys think?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Just to clarify, making BBSV2 would explain the time line after KH2?

and personally, id say PSP. I mean they already have the engine so far and many teams who are experienced with the PSP.
Surely most people who wanted to play Birth By Sleep already have a PSP, so I guess it all comes down to if people rather have a PSP version with a earlier release day or an NGP version with 'many years to go release day' (that is if it becomes console exclusive, hell why not both).

what do you guys think?

It would explain things between BBS and KH1. So stuff like the apprentices' experiments, worlds being swallowed by Darkness, and most stuff we learn in the Ansem Reports of KH1. And a lot of people speculate it will cover over more than JUST in-between BBS and KH1, but every gap that hasn't been filled yet. Re:coded seems to sorta hint at that.

And I agree on the PSP.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

It should be on the PSP, especially considering the fact that Sony announced that they want the PSP and NGP to coexist.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Let's face it, unless we're talking KH3 itself, then "Home game console" pretty much means "the Wii". HD games have high development costs & a side story game is just not gonna get that kind of budget. Not that I have a problem with this, I've been waiting years for a Wii KH.

It should be on the PSP, especially considering the fact that Sony announced that they want the PSP and NGP to coexist.
PSP's US software sales are already nearly dead, it's not gonna be like the PS2/PS3 coexistence where PS2 was just so utterly dominant in it's own gen it carried momentum well into the next.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

kh bbs vm2 is a true bridge game linking bbs and kh1 then ti could be on a platform
but rechain did not sell many copies as the main titles did

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

kh bbs vm2 is a true bridge game linking bbs and kh1 then ti could be on a platform
but rechain did not sell many copies as the main titles did

Re: CoM having not that many sold copies could also have to do something with it having never been released outside Japan and the USA. After all, PAL and SECAM norms are more widespread over the whole world than NTSC is.

As for BBSv2 on a main console...I highly doubt it as there is no free team to develop it. Except Square has hired a new team in secret and didn't tell the world, lol.
While the main focus of BBSv2 seems to be the period between BBS to KH1, there are also hints that it may encompass all the "hidden things" happening in the KH-timeline from the End of BBS right up to the beginning (or even during) KH 3D.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

PSP's US software sales are already nearly dead, it's not gonna be like the PS2/PS3 coexistence where PS2 was just so utterly dominant in it's own gen it carried momentum well into the next.
That doesn't change the fact that there are some heavy hitters still coming out on the PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back