• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NEW MF THEORY

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
This theory actually is an idea I've never seen ANYONE else come up with thus far:

SPOILERS AHEAD

THE MYSTERIOUS FIGURE: NOT A TIME TRAVELER

bbs___mysterious_figure_by_anlm-d2ywa1y.jpg

Everyone has been head over heels in response to a single boss from BBS: the Mysterious Figure. And pe

Here's a guy who comes out of nowhere, doesn't say a word, and fights Terra, Aqua, and Ven. I'd like to shed some light on this mysterious being.

First let's flash back to Master Xehanort's final conversation with Terra in their shared heart from the BBS secret ending:

[video=youtube;wUCY8m4u8Lg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUCY8m4u8Lg[/video]

One thing MX says is that Terra is one of many roads he may choose to take, or, as the Japanese translation stated, MX had planted many "seeds".

Yen Sid himself says that MX would have plans in store when he returned, and even said that there was more than one Xehanort.

Yet how could this be? Yen Sid confirmed that both Ansem and Xemnas were gone for good! So who is the other "Xehanort".

The Mysterious Figure of course! But how is he Xehanort? I think his existence is not simply a Nobody.

Recall the first cutscene of BBS:

[video=youtube;rVefWDwwzGk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVefWDwwzGk[/video]

In this cutscene, MX wears the trademark black coat. Yet he's never seen in this outfit again for the rest of BBS. Furthermore, Master Xehanort stated himself in his reports that he didn't need protection from the darkness, so why even WEAR it?!?!?

Because its true purpose for MX is not an article of clothing. It's a SENTIMENT!

Think back to when the new Xehanort fought Terra's Lingering Sentiment (spirit, remnant, whatever wiki editors call it these days):

[video=youtube;UHDYjHr5kEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHDYjHr5kEY[/video]

Notice the way that Xehanort's reaction to the chains and the armor. He's NOT CONFUSED AT ALL!!!! It's like he fully understands how inanimate objects can come to life! This is because he's done the same thing to his BLACK COAT!

That's right! The Mysterious Figure is Xehanort's black coat animated to life.

Why else is it that the Mysterious Figure is the ONLY CANON SECRET BOSS WHO DOESN'T SPEAK AT ALL. Xemnas, Lingering Sentiment, and Vanitas Remnant ALL speak at least once or in some way. This being makes no communication because he CAN'T! He's just a black coat!

How did Xemnas give him the moves of Terra, Aqua, and Ventus as well as others like Xemnas and Xigbar? As far as TAV is concerned, MX saw all their moves in his travels. And Vexen made the Riku Replica simply by observing the real Riku's moves. That's how he obtained the moves! By observation! MX did the same thing!

Remember, MX is an elderly Keyblade Master. He's probably seen every attack out there, including the ability to clone oneself into five duplicates and shoot lasers from bubble orbs.

So why does MF fight TAV? To become stronger! To learn the rest of the moves they have to offer so he can perfect his skills!

That's why his Keyblade is no Name! Because he has no name. He's just a cloak whose power is based on the powers of others.

The final issue, is the so called "time travel". Well watch the MF fight closely:

[video=youtube;qIRjW-tO8Yc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIRjW-tO8Yc[/video]

Notice that he doesn't really time travel per say. He either pauses it, slows down, or moves so fast that he teleports. In other words, he can't actually TRAVEL through time. He can only control how he experiences it.

But how did he have this power to begin with? Most likely a property of the black coat itself. Black coats are able to resist darkness, an element that is independent of time based on the nature of the ROD and what Xemnas and Mickey said about darkness. Therefore, black coats can manipulate the flow of time.

So in other words, MF is not a time traveler or some fighter from the future. He's MX's black coat, and this, like every other secret boss, is a being of completely new nature that nobody's experienced before. Xemnas was the first Nobody fans saw, Lingering Sentiment was the first sentiment fans saw, and MF is the first animated black coat fans saw.

Thank you for your time! Please comment and share your opinion!

Crystal

Silver Member
Do you mean MF was just MX's black coat?
How does it holding a weapon?

Radar

Bronze Member
So MF is MX's cloak, so you think it is another sentiment. This is an interesting theory, Grass what is your opinion on this>?

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Do you mean MF was just MX's black coat?
How does it holding a weapon?

Same way LS holds his. MF is a living version of the cloak and its supplement attire like the gloves and boots.

I know it sounds crazy, but come on, why is this the ONE secret boss who DOESN'T COMMUNICATE? And him being a Nobody or something is way too predictable for Nomura to do.

So MF is MX's cloak, so you think it is another sentiment. This is an interesting theory, Grass what is your opinion on this>?

Thank you!

I'd be happy to hear what Grass thinks of this actually.

just something i noticed from playing kh1 again

SoD has the laser orb attack.

Huh, well that explains a few things.

This was the one-on-one between him and Sora in KH1, right?

Well me. I think this is completley true. You have got enough evidence so... I beleive it entirely.

Thank you!!!

Crystal

Silver Member
Same way LS holds his. MF is a living version of the cloak and its supplement attire like the gloves and boots.

I know it sounds crazy, but come on, why is this the ONE secret boss who DOESN'T COMMUNICATE? And him being a Nobody or something is way too predictable for Nomura to do.

Oh..so it was like a sentiment?

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Oh..so it was like a sentiment?

Well that's what I figure at least. I mean, it seems like it's some sort of cross between a sentiment and a replica. But its existence would explain how Xemnas and Vexen knew HOW to make Replicas in the first place.

I doubt it's a time traveler though. Nomura would not be crazy enough to introduce that in KH, especially not now.

Crystal

Silver Member
Well that's what I figure at least. I mean, it seems like it's some sort of cross between a sentiment and a replica. But its existence would explain how Xemnas and Vexen knew HOW to make Replicas in the first place.

I doubt it's a time traveler though. Nomura would not be crazy enough to introduce that in KH, especially not now.

I would love the theory of MF being a some kind of sentiment :3
But is it neccesary for a sentiment must retain in an armor?

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I would love the theory of MF being a some kind of sentiment :3
But is it neccesary for a sentiment must retain in an armor?

Well idk if I could consider the Vanitas Remnant a suit of armor, but Terra's was.

I really hope its not just a cloak. That would make my inability to beat it even more embarassing.

He does had a human shape inside the cloak xD

I suppose that makes it better. . .

Hahaha, considering the sick sense of humora Nomura has, he WOULD do that!

Awards
One thing MX says is that Terra is one of many roads he may choose to take, or, as the Japanese translation stated, MX had planted many "seeds".

Yen Sid himself says that MX would have plans in store when he returned, and even said that there was more than one Xehanort.

Yet how could this be? Yen Sid confirmed that both Ansem and Xemnas were gone for good! So who is the other "Xehanort".

You make the connection between MX's reference to "seeds" and Yensid's comment about how there may be more than one Xehanort. I agree as far as that goes.

But Nomura has already confirmed that Braig is one of the "seeds" MX is referring to. So by that logic, then people like Braig and Isa are the ones who account for the multiple Xehanorts. Meaning that they have some sort of piece of Xehanort inside them and they're back.

In this cutscene, MX wears the trademark black coat. Yet he's never seen in this outfit again for the rest of BBS. Furthermore, Master Xehanort stated himself in his reports that he didn't need protection from the darkness, so why even WEAR it?!?!?

Because he was going incognito. He hadn't been back on his home planet in years and didn't want to be detected. The cloaks block a person's "scent." Really, though, the only reason why he was even seen in the cloak was to show that, as Nomura pointed out, Xemnas likely got the idea for the cloaks from MX.

Because its true purpose for MX is not an article of clothing. It's a SENTIMENT!

It's at least an article of clothing while he's wearing it. Personally, I think dwelling on that scene would be like dwelling on how, say, Ansem the Wise got a cloak in the BbS secret ending. Of course, there are also people thinking that MF is AtW based on that small detail as well.

Why else is it that the Mysterious Figure is the ONLY CANON SECRET BOSS WHO DOESN'T SPEAK AT ALL. Xemnas, Lingering Sentiment, and Vanitas Remnant ALL speak at least once or in some way. This being makes no communication because he CAN'T! He's just a black coat!

I don't get it. Vanitas' Remnant and Terra's LS are both Lingering Spirits. And they can talk. Why would being a black coat prevent MF from talking? Isn't Terra's LS just armor,and isn't Vanitas' Remnant just a dark suit and helmet?

So the fact that MF doesn't talk really doesn't say anything. More importantly, though, as I pointed out, he's more than "just" a black coat. We can see a silhouette of his face beneath the hood. There's a body in there.

How did Xemnas give him the moves of Terra, Aqua, and Ventus as well as others like Xemnas and Xigbar? As far as TAV is concerned, MX saw all their moves in his travels. And Vexen made the Riku Replica simply by observing the real Riku's moves. That's how he obtained the moves! By observation! MX did the same thing!

Actually Vexen required something tangible to make the replica, he collected data from Riku, namely a copy of his memories.
Even if that's a weak argument on your part, I don't think it even matters, to be honest. People see how MF uses a few attacks that TAV use, so they automatically try to rationalize that he somehow must have acquired this ability from them in some way, shape, or form. Or it could simply be that the developers were lazy, and, in addition to a few original attacks, decided to throw in some of TAV's best attacks as well since they're flashy.

So I don't even think you need to explain why MF has those attacks. I mean, take a look at Terra's LS back in KH2FM. He does have a few attacks that are somewhat relevant (eg his Keyblade Rider) but others? The whip? The bow and arrow? His desperation move? We never saw them in BbS, Terra never learned them. So how does the LS know them in KH2FM? It's not important. They were just trying to make a challenging boss.

So would you really think that MF's meteor/fire/wind attacks are important? I doubt it. Had all of his attacks been copies of someone else, that would be one thing. If anything, I would look to more original attacks, like his time reversal.

Remember, MX is an elderly Keyblade Master. He's probably seen every attack out there, including the ability to clone oneself into five duplicates and shoot lasers from bubble orbs.

But the thing is, none of MF's attacks are even remotely similar to MX's, of all the people. For Vanitas Remnant, he has some attacks in common with the original Vanitas. Same with Terra's LS. MF? Nope.

So why does MF fight TAV? To become stronger! To learn the rest of the moves they have to offer so he can perfect his skills!

Even though MF is a canon character, it is unlikely that his fights with TAV were canon or will have any future relevance.
Ven flat out couldn't have fought MF, it's impossible. He never goes back to Land of Departure, he goes straight to the Keyblade Graveyard from Destiny Island. And if he did go to LoD, it would not coincide with the plot. Why would he not tell Terra and Aqua, for example, that LoD was destroyed? He never knew.

For Aqua, again, it's pretty much impossible. She doesn't go to the destroyed LoD prior to the Final Episode. We know because she talks about how she "heard" the Master was struck down from Yen Sid. She doesn't go and investigate prior to the Keyblade Graveyard. Plus, the look on her face, when she sees the destroyed LoD in the Final Episode, is of genuine surprise. Had she already been there, she would have not reacted that way. You might think that Aqua may have fought MF in the Final Episode, but if you watch the cutscenes, that's not possible either. She goes directly into the castle, without exploring, and creates Castle Oblivion. She didn't have time to fight MF.

Lastly, with Terra, well, he leaves LoD AS it's being destroyed to go to the Keyblade Graveyard. And he obviously couldn't have gone after that. I suppose you could argue with him that he might have went back and explored, but that would be, to say the least, odd, especially when MX had made threats against Aqua and Ven, and he was on his way to protect them.

Notice that he doesn't really time travel per say. He either pauses it, slows down, or moves so fast that he teleports. In other words, he can't actually TRAVEL through time. He can only control how he experiences it.

He reverses time, actually. So if you were to extrapolate, and say that he were to reverse time at a greater rate, then he would in theory be traveling to the past. With all the time based themes, including the No Name keyblade, I think it's pretty obvious that it's time travel.

If it were nothing more than what you're describing, then there'd be nothing separating MF from Luxord. Just an element of time. And then you'd have to ask why they would bother including those attacks in the first place or making his keyblade time based, because it sounds pretty pointless.

But how did he have this power to begin with? Most likely a property of the black coat itself. Black coats are able to resist darkness, an element that is independent of time based on the nature of the ROD and what Xemnas and Mickey said about darkness. Therefore, black coats can manipulate the flow of time.

Uh, that's a pretty convoluted explanation.
And it doesn't add up with how, you know, I'm counting 17 other people who also wore the cloak, and only one of them (Luxord) could manipulate time. If that were the case, they could all do it, and it wouldn't actually be Luxord's element.

So in other words, MF is not a time traveler or some fighter from the future. He's MX's black coat, and this, like every other secret boss, is a being of completely new nature that nobody's experienced before. Xemnas was the first Nobody fans saw, Lingering Sentiment was the first sentiment fans saw, and MF is the first animated black coat fans saw.

Wait, how is MF different than LS in your theory? Just because he's a different material doesn't make him a different being. I wouldn't say Vanitas Remnant is a one of a kind simply because his dark suit is different than Terra's armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back