• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~*~ The Sora/Kairi EXTREME Critic-Club ~*~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[size=+3]~ The Sora/Kairi EXTREME Critic-Club ~[/size]

sokaihold.jpg

[size=+1]Sora doesn't know what to make of this, either...[/size]

Meet Sora and Kairi.
Sora is the regular boy who saves the universe once every couple of months using the magical weapon, the Keyblade.
Kairi is the girl with the Heart of Pure Light who washed ashore to Sora's world when the two were little.
The games somehow want to make it seem like the two are an 'item', a 'thing', a couple.
They also did quite a nice job to make sure any sort of implication in that direction would be quite forced, at times OOC, and when you least expect it - more or less contradictory to the very canon-plot.

Some might at times buy this.
Some might give them credit for trying.
Some might let them enjoy the benefit of the doubt, and pretend they didn't notice they never really put any effort into this.
And some might shake their heads and say that this "couple" is, by now, after six installments, three final mixes, and two remakes, some twisted, sick inside-joke the development teams don't want you catching up to.

It doesn't matter if you ship Sora/Kairi to the ends of the universe and back and take to heart other people disliking it.
It doesn't matter if you hate it with a burning passion and feel physical nausea at the mere mentioning of this ship.

If you, like us, feel that this 'couple', this relationship could've been done better - this is the place for you.

~Membership open, haters and lovers all welcome~

[size=+2]-REASONS-[/size]
  1. Namine said bluntly Sora's feelings for Kairi were affected by those he had for Namine herself. (Smile)
  2. It's incredibly forced into the storyline, without any good substance. (Theart)
  3. Kind of hard to believe Kairi is Sora's childhood sweetheart because of Xion looking like her when Xion also looked like Ven. (Smile)
  4. Kind of hard to find romance in Sora's sacrifice in KH1 when it was either that or the Keyhole to Darkness going high-wire. (Smile)
  5. They don't even interact much, as far as I can see. (terraisawesome12)
  6. If they tried to use a "romantic" Sora+Kairi reunion, it would just feel so detached from the rest of the game. They would have to change the theme of the whole series just to make it feel a little less forced. (terraisawesome12)

[size=+2]-MEDIA-[/size]
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb142/DaySummerfield/1989-KingdomHeartsChainofMemoriesEE.png

[size=+2]-ICONS-[/size]
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb142/DaySummerfield/13141387-1.gif

[size=+2]-ALTERNATE PAIRINGS-[/size]
Sora/Namine
Aqua/Sora
Riku/Kairi
Demyx/Kairi

[size=+2]-THE OLD CLUB-[/size]
http://forums.khinsider.com/fanclubs/149566-3-sokai-critics-club-3-needs-improvement.html

[size=+2]-MEMBERS-[/size]
[size=+1]-FOUNDING MEMBER-[/size]
Theart

[size=+1]-MEMBERS-[/size]
Smile|aswaxsora|Amata|Traskix|khlover7|Gildragon
Chakolat Strawberry|Reverie|1skyXonedestiny|destinyKH|Passion|SoCrazyOhYAH!
Nozomi Ai|rokudamia2|Oe98|vnnk|Rali|Sign
blackberi|Ethnic Woman|White-Light|Relix|8298906|WinterNobody
AxelYoYo|*~BlackCat~*|terraisawesome12|Shinra|CA59|Rixam

[size=+1]-TENTATIVE MEMBERS-[/size]
Ruran

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I do hereby approve the return of this wonderful Club. May it flourish under the wise leadership of Smile.

clapping.gif

Theart

Awards
It was bound to happen.
And I hope you approve of the position I saved for you ;D

I'm very honored and appreciative of that, Smile. :3 Thanks!

I feel like we should have a mascot for this Club... someone who isn't a part of the series, but is badass and would just make this club work...

Any ideas? :D

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sadly, the only way in which Kairi'll be aware of Sora having another girl over her is if she somehow gained access to Namine's Memories inside her.

Kairi: *wakes up in the dead of night, covered in cold sweat* I, I dreamed you got everything you ever wanted out of a blonde version of me T_T
Sora: .......... *grins*
Kairi: TTATT

Theart

Awards
Sadly, the only way in which Kairi'll be aware of Sora having another girl over her is if she somehow gained access to Namine's Memories inside her.

Kairi: *wakes up in the dead of night, covered in cold sweat* I, I dreamed you got everything you ever wanted out of a blonde version of me T_T
Sora: .......... *grins*
Kairi: TTATT

*dies laughing* Oh that'd be absolutely hilarious, though I'd replace Sora's part with the following:

Sora: *ponders for a moment and then grins devilishly* Ya know, blonde WOULD suit better for physical match-ups with me and my mate.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sora: *ponders for a moment and then grins devilishly* Ya know, blonde WOULD suit better for physical match-ups with me and my mate.

*Alice shows up*

It really saddens me how that first time I played KH1, I felt that as far as what we got to see as players, Sora didn't treat Kairi any differently than Alice. And ironically, with Alice reacting to Sora when you meet the PoHs in Hollow Bastion, I really do feel like in KH1, Sora/Alice is more based than Sora/Kairi.
Though I do appreciate that in KH1, it didn't feel quite that forced and shoved down my throat. She was a tool at Riku's hands but Riku's involvement is what broke it being forced, and then Sora interacted with her and did what he had to do.
It's CoM onwards where the whole obnoxious "she's his most important person" biz came along, but looking back at KH1, I believe more than ever it was the Org feeding lies to Namine to manipulate her.

Muse

you look atrocious
see i think something that needs to be done before you ever imply a romantic relationship is that you first develop a relationship in general

take sonami for example

way, way, WAAAAAAAY before they ever even implied that sora and namine were like THAT, they first said that they were just friends that grew up together
THEN they went the extra distance and started shipping them :v

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
see i think something that needs to be done before you ever imply a romantic relationship is that you first develop a relationship in general

True. Which is why, irony burn please, I ship Sora with Alice and Selphie ages before I even consider shipping him with Kairi. In KH1 alone he had more "proper" interaction with them that wasn't weighted by so many, MANY plot elements (Selphie wants to share a Paopu with him, lol), and then came CoM and Re:Coded which gave Sora more chances to interact with the two.
D-Alice offered to have tea with D-Sora. SHE ASKED HIM OUT ON A FREAKING DATE.
What did Kairi ever do for Sora? :V

take sonami for example

I do <3 all the freaking time <3

way, way, WAAAAAAAY before they ever even implied that sora and namine were like THAT, they first said that they were just friends that grew up together
THEN they went the extra distance and started shipping them :v

Which is part of why I ship SoNami so freaking hard. Before they ever showed us Sora's dilemma and how he went about it, he spent a WHOLE FREAKING GAME THINKING ABOUT NAMINE AND WHY HE HAD TO SAVE HER.
In KH1, Sora saw Kairi on several occasions, like in Merlin's house and in Deep Jungle. But he was too busy being FREAKED OUT by the whole deal.
What irks me the most is that even if Sora DID feel anything for Kairi in KH1, it's so eternally easy to write it off as Kairi's Heart influencing him. Circumstances be damned but the first thing he did once her Heart left his vessel was to leave her in TT and go chase Riku, declaring even to Leon that he'll save Riku before he'll save the universe.

Will you be joining, milady? C:

Muse

you look atrocious
um um um um SURE OKAY

seriously though, if they had just established them as being FRIENDS before they tried to establish them as DESTINED LOVERS, then it wouldn't bug me so much

no one starts off being lovers from the get-go; everyone starts off being friends

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Welcome, welcome x3~

I think what irks me the most isn't even the lack of interaction between Sora and Kairi so much as the lack of outside admittance in KH1.
I mean, if Sora really was in-love with Kairi, I'd have hoped for Riku to make it clearer, not declare that he was snatching Kairi for himself, which - while can be taken as him teasing Sora about Sora's own crush - can mean a Riku crush as well. But sadly both are so cracky and unbased, so :C
It also would've helped to see Sora interacting with Selphie as well. So that when they told me Kairi was Sora's most important girl, that I'd have had something to compare to. Even if I wouldn't have seen him with Kairi herself, Selphie could've been jealous. As it was, she basically declared RiKai as married and was out after Sora herself with a Paopu to boot.

How'm I supposed to believe Sora loved Kairi his whole life when no one in his immediate vicinity buys it? And Riku, if not buying what Namine no doubt say, could just be huddling under his jealousy towards Sora. I suppose it'd be easier to think that Sora kept asking about Kairi in KH1 and let her into their Secret Place would be easier if Sora LIKED Kairi and not just, ya know, stabbed Riku in the back for just some girl who fell out of the sky.

See, that's why I eternally love that bit in CoM where Sora remembered both Namine and Kairi and he and Repliku basically argued over who'd get to save Namine while the loser had to go back to the islands where Kairi was :V

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sign me up please, Onee-chan <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back