• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Someone at the door....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I don't think you're going to give a shit how your steel looks when you're fighting for your life or whatever. A kitchen knife would have sufficed perfectly or even better, pepper spray.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I don't think you're going to give a shit how your steel looks when you're fighting for your life or whatever. A kitchen knife would have sufficed perfectly or even better, pepper spray.

Or a Tazer Crossbow, my brand new invention that i thought up and probably won't make!

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Have you ever heard of a "Blunt Object"?

Hahahahaha. This is the funniest thing I've read today. I think you're trying to go for blunt force trauma, not blunt object, because frankly, the phrase "blunt object" sounds so meek and undeadly you're more likely going to kill the guy laughing than with the object itself.

Anyway, a baseball bat or a hammer, common, everyday household items, are much better at inflicting that kind of damage than, lol, an anime weapon.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hahahahaha. This is the funniest thing I've read today. I think you're trying to go for blunt force trauma, not blunt object, because frankly, the phrase "blunt object" sounds so meek and undeadly you're more likely going to kill the guy laughing than with the object itself.

Anyway, a baseball bat or a hammer, common, everyday household items, are much better at inflicting that kind of damage than, lol, an anime weapon.

Exactly. But you'd be surprised what a "Anime Weapon" could do.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Yes, but you'd also be surprised by what a lamp could do, what a carpet could do, a printer, speakers, wires--the point isn't to use something extravagant or plain silly; it's to defend yourself. And I just don't see the point in buying a toy when any one 'normal' household thing nets the same effect. Buying a taser or pepper spray makes sense; useless junk, not so much.

Awards
I can't tell whether or not you guys are joking, but I say the following with absolute sincerity: in a real self defense/home invasion situation, your weapon of choice should be a blunt object, preferably two to three feet in length and with the object's center of gravity located at the end you're not holding. To provide an example, this wrench:

61534main_giant_wrench.jpg

I know that you dumbshits think that you're ninjas, but please don't get yourself killed by swinging a knife around in some half-assed attempt at fighting off an intruder.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I highly doubt that blunt might to do damage

Blunt trauma is just as damaging as, if not more than, any cut or stab. People have had their brains stabbed and survived. Smashing a person's skull in would have rather different results.

Of course I'm not saying everyone who gets stabbed is a sure survivor; what I am saying is that blunt trauma comes with its own bucketload of problems that can be as dangerous as sharp injuries. And you're less likely to kill yourself.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I highly doubt that blunt might to do damage, hell even a bread knife can save your ass if you know how to defend your self properly
Good luck stopping that wrench when it's swinging at you.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Mmm, I just mean to say that something such as a bread knife is hardly a defence against an implement like the one Sam posted is all.

D

Deleted member 36435

maybe he was a jehovah's witness trying to sell you religion for 10% of your yearly income

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My weapon of choice is a frying pan. They are blunt, efficient, and you have the upper hand with it. No house intruder ever expects you to pull one out and whack them with it. I don't ever open the door unless it is somebody I know. Or I crack it open and have the door jammer in my hand behind the door ready to whack them if I have to.

Then I have a ton of sprays around the living room if I need to get them in the eye, and my decoration swords are sharp enough to stab somebody if need be. But I will always using the frying pan first if they look aggressive.

And some good advise, if you don't know the person on the other side of the door and they say they are police, ask for them to show their badge in through the eye peep or window. And always have something close by if you need to attack them. You can't trust anybody saying they are police until you can get the reason out of their mouth, and even then you don't have to let them in your house.

Just saying.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
I genuinely hope that someone tries to kill half of you, so that you can't post stupid shit about swords and kunai and 'lol my grandpa has so many gunsssssss i'd shoot you from so far away...so far away, your fucking KIDS wouldn't see you coming!"

Just, shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back