• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Sora/Donald/Goofy Fanclub! "All for one, and one for all!"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

aswaxsora

Awards
Re: The Sora/Donald/Goofy Fanclub!

BUMP!

I'm now watching the video. I can't say their names anymore.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

YOU BUMPED THE CLUB? YAAAAAAAAAY!

I'm really glad you did, because now that I'm almost finished with BBS (at the end of Aqua's scenario), I have to say that I believe even more strongly than before that Sora/Donald/Goofy is the best written, best developed trio in the entire series. Even when Donald and Goofy are only sticking with Sora because he's got the key that they need, the friendship is never centered on one specific person. When they fight, it's over something that's either been steadily building up for a while (aka Sora's fixation with Namine in CoM) or it's based on a reaction that you would expect them to have based on previous actions (Donald and Goofy dumping Sora in HB because they're obsessed with following Mickey's orders).

No offense to the other friendships, because I like most of them, but compared to SDG, well, there is no comparison. SRK has the problem where we only see the relationships based around Sora: Sora/Riku, Sora/Kairi, but very few Riku/Kairi moments. RAX is an inversion of this: they start out with just Axel and Roxas being buddies that allow Xion to tag along, but by the end of the game, they're practically obsessed with her. And TAV, well...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

But still, I think SDG is the best developed trio, partly because we've seen them from the moment that they first met and got to watch their entire relationship grow, but it's just so very well-done! We get to see how the Sora/Donald relationship functions within the trio, the Sora/Goofy relationship, and the Donald/Goofy relationship. Even though Sora's the protagonist, they are all equally important to each other. When they have conflicts, they don't come off as, "Ok, we're going to have a fight now because that's what happens in friendships!" or constantly shove it in the audience's faces that they are the best of friends, only to eat their own words later. And when they do burst into corny speeches about friendship, it's okay to me, because they've been through so much together as a team, and they've overcome so many obstacles that I feel like they have the right to do that every once and a while. Like Harry/Ron/Hermione.

Sora...Donald...Goofy...thank you for being awesome. NOW STOP ANNOUNCING YOUR NAMES WHENEVER YOU ENTER A WORLD IN KH2. ;)

aswaxsora

Awards

Yes, yes I bumped it. I'm not going to read that today because that's a really long post.

Organization_42

Awards

Yeah, I'm sorry, I guess I went a little overboard there... :)

Bottom line: Sora/Donald/Goofy is AWESOME!

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

S/D/G is the most worked on friendship so yeah you could could say it's the best.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I love you oh so much for this. I have to say I disagree with the conclusion since no, they didn't feel human to me as much as "oh shi- we have the KH2:FM+ secret ending, we have to get them working as a team again if only for the sake of apperances!". About the only way in which I can accept what happened there is pure comrades-in-arms. They HAD to fight together so they did, and seeing how they lost everything else but each other their previous writing's quality didn't matter; they had to even lie to themselves (oh hai Aqua) to go along with it all. That is by no means good writing though.

I do admit that SDG are about the best. The entirety of KH1 was about their development and they even went the distance of investing worlds in showing how their relationship developed (halo Deep Jungle).
Next comes RAX imo because despite their sad conclusion, we did get to see the friendships unfold and all three members interacting with the other two, for better or worse.
I dare say I put SRK here if only because SoRiku was by far a better relationship than anything TAV had to offer and even if I do believe Riku and Kairi don't like each other, that too has more substance to it than TAV's would be affection for each other.
Then, TAV's in the middle :c did I say I dislike BBS yet?

SDG ftw <3 Too bad though that because of their well-establishment, it means their development will probably be minimal at best in the future installments, unless they give Donald and Goofy their own plot roles rather than Sora's "lackies".

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

May I join?

Oh, and you forgot a quote.
Sora: Donald, when I was turned into a heartless, who was it that hit me? (complete with snarky face)
Donald: THAT'S THE STUFF YOU SHOULD BE FORGETTING!

(me and my brother: We are getting KH1 now. Sora got turned into a heartless? Donald hit him??)

Last edited:

Organization_42

Awards

I love you oh so much for this. I have to say I disagree with the conclusion since no, they didn't feel human to me as much as "oh shi- we have the KH2:FM+ secret ending, we have to get them working as a team again if only for the sake of apperances!".

I hear you, but when I stepped back and looked at the way I handle my own problems, I could understand their behavior a little better. Like Terra and how he kept fighting to not use the darkness...yet kept on using the darkness. It makes him look stupid, but then I thought about how I'm always telling myself, "That's it! No more late nights! I'll never procrastinate again!" ...and then I procrastinate again. And again. And again. Old habits die hard.

What bugged me was that I could never fully understand why Terra had such issues with darkness. He seemed like a kind, caring, if relatively insecure and naive, character. The only difference I could see between his scenarios and Ven's was that Ven was more likely to run into good guys and Terra was more likely to run into bad guys. I felt really bad for Terra because his actions seemed to say, "I'm doing these horrible things because every KH Two Guys and a Girl Trio needs an older, misguided Riku figure!!!" Not because he was dying for a taste of power.

About the only way in which I can accept what happened there is pure comrades-in-arms. They HAD to fight together so they did, and seeing how they lost everything else but each other their previous writing's quality didn't matter; they had to even lie to themselves (oh hai Aqua) to go along with it all. That is by no means good writing though.

Given the series' constant emphasis on friendship, I don't think that's what the writers were aiming for, though.

I do admit that SDG are about the best. The entirety of KH1 was about their development and they even went the distance of investing worlds in showing how their relationship developed (halo Deep Jungle).

THIS too!

Next comes RAX imo because despite their sad conclusion, we did get to see the friendships unfold and all three members interacting with the other two, for better or worse.

I'm not exactly the biggest fan of RAX, as you know, but I do agree that their relationship was more fleshed-out than TAV's or SRK's. I think that's because SDG and RAX are constantly seen together and they share pretty much the same experiences throughout their respective games. I think that, more than anything else, was the problem with TAV: in the interest of giving them each separate storylines, we hardly saw them together as a trio. We just kept hearing about what awesome friends they used to be and how awful it was that they were falling apart.

Terra: Our once unbreakable bonds are falling apart...
Me: You guys had ONE fight! ONE! It's not the end of the world!!! (Though I understood it from Ven's perspective; he has a very childlike personality and I think the idea that his two best friends could ever get in a serious argument left him feeling stunned. It took him a few worlds to realize that friends can fight, but they usually make up and it's not necessarily the end of anything.)

SDG ftw <3 Too bad though that because of their well-establishment, it means their development will probably be minimal at best in the future installments, unless they give Donald and Goofy their own plot roles rather than Sora's "lackies".

I think that all depends on what sort of roles Riku, Kairi, and Mickey will play in the future. If the fans who want Riku and Kairi to be Sora's new allies have their way, then that would mean that Donald and Goofy would have to develop separate roles of their own, rather than simply being Sora's travel companions. But I'd prefer if the three of them stayed together.

EDIT:

May I join?

Oh, and you forgot a quote.
Sora: Donald, when I was turned into a heartless, who was it that hit me? (complete with snarky face)
Donald: THAT'S THE STUFF YOU SHOULD BE FORGETTING!

Of course you may, Mina!!!!! :D

And yes, that quote was hilarious; I'll gladly add it!

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Like Terra and how he kept fighting to not use the darkness...yet kept on using the darkness. It makes him look stupid

He only really used the Darkness towards the end when he came closer to accepting it though, and even then it was more to show that Darkness-using Terra was rightous while Light-using Eraqus was bat-shit crazy.

What bugged me was that I could never fully understand why Terra had such issues with darkness. He seemed like a kind, caring, if relatively insecure and naive, character. The only difference I could see between his scenarios and Ven's was that Ven was more likely to run into good guys and Terra was more likely to run into bad guys. I felt really bad for Terra because his actions seemed to say, "I'm doing these horrible things because every KH Two Guys and a Girl Trio needs an older, misguided Riku figure!!!" Not because he was dying for a taste of power.

That's why I have SUCH a score to settle with Aqua. Terra IS a good guy! He's done nothing wrong! Even his Darkness came from Maleficent and MX, not really himself
I guess that's part of why I love him so much.

Given the series' constant emphasis on friendship, I don't think that's what the writers were aiming for, though.

That's what it looked like though. And I'm not known to be big on what the writers are 'aiming' at if they can't base it any.

If the fans who want Riku and Kairi to be Sora's new allies have their way

Ho yes. We all know how well it goes when the fans have their ways x.x drop dead, Nomura.

Organization_42

Awards

He only really used the Darkness towards the end when he came closer to accepting it though, and even then it was more to show that Darkness-using Terra was rightous while Light-using Eraqus was bat-shit crazy.

Plus, there's MX's influence, and that's one area where I'll always defend Terra. As much as I loathe MX and what he did to Terra and Ven, he was a different kind of villain, at least in Terra's story, then the one that fans are used to, and I also think his relationship with Terra was more realistic than the standard hero-villain conflict. I don't believe that most people want to be straight-up evil; most villains believe, to some extent, that they're in the right and everyone else is wrong. So in order to get Terra to listen to him, MX targeted him when he was emotionally vulnerable, stroked his ego, twisted the truth about other people, etc, rather than use the not-as-subtle Maleficent Technique of "I AM EEEEEEVILLLL, AND YOU SHALL JOIN ME WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT! MUHAHAHAHAHA!" Sure, we can all see that he's evil, but Terra didn't get to watch the extra cutscenes with Braig or Ven or Eraqus. In that sense, I sympathized with Terra all the way.

That's why I have SUCH a score to settle with Aqua. Terra IS a good guy! He's done nothing wrong! Even his Darkness came from Maleficent and MX, not really himself
I guess that's part of why I love him so much.

It's not just her though. Master Eraqus was saying it, Vanitas was saying it, Maleficent was saying it, Braig was saying it...pretty much everybody except Ven. But again, I didn't see it. Sure, Terra's very naive, but power-hungry???

That's what it looked like though. And I'm not known to be big on what the writers are 'aiming' at if they can't base it any.

I also wondered if this was the first time that the three of them had ever had a serious conflict, and that's why they overreacted the way they did. They acted like that one little disagreement was going to destroy their friendship completely. Guys, there's this neat little thing that just got invented called "an apology." Try it some time, and move on.

I think, overall, I loved TAV as individual characters, but the trio...meh...the trio could've been better written.

Ho yes. We all know how well it goes when the fans have their ways x.x drop dead, Nomura.

If it's any comfort to you, Coded seems like a VERY pro-SDG game. I think they'll always be the main, playable trio, though I wouldn't say no to an additional Riku-Mickey and Kairi scenario.

Also, speaking of Coded, has anyone seen the cover of the Ultimania?

cover.jpg

D'awwww, they're such cute, awesome friends! :D

TOPIC QUESTION TIME: What is your favorite Sora/Donald/Goofy moment?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

If it's any comfort to you, Coded seems like a VERY pro-SDG game. I think they'll always be the main, playable trio, though I wouldn't say no to an additional Riku-Mickey and Kairi scenario.

pro-SDG AND SoNami? that game can't get here fast enough T~T
Personally, I wouldn't mind additional party members, specifically Riku. Though both he and Mickey seem to play their own thing better, and only teamed up with SDG in TWTNW due to circumstances.
And Kairi's a whole new ball game. We first need her to become a combatant character before we even debate her position as a party member. I'd sooner see her going on her own journey chasing Sora and Riku than become a party member, at least until the end like with Riku in TWTNW and TAV who teamed up again at the very end of their stories.
But I still don't see them breaking the SDG trio, though I'll love them to bits if they somehow manage to work them into the scenario format. Granted, I'm not sure so many fans'd like to play a whole scenario or even a part of it with Donald and Goofy, but seeing how when it boils down to it, TAV are a lot more SDG than they are SRK when you compare game-roles, it's the best option. Also, you won't have the Kairi dilemma which requires mountains of preparations beforehand, not to mention she seems ready to wait on the islands to be kidnapped again, and now that I've seen the English secret ending, I fail to see where everyone got the whole "Riku's staying with her" notion. Localization issue? Mayhap, but seeing how much more was added to that version compared to the original BBS I find it hard to believe it's not at least partially intentional. Especially after basing Riku and Terra's relations, and implying about a Riku-Vanitas relation, and everything the Re:Coded secret ending and 3D imply, I find it impossible that Riku's staying behind. Nah uh, ain't gonna happen.
Questions remain now who'll kidnap Kairi and when :\ for X-Blade material or something

What is your favorite Sora/Donald/Goofy moment?

It's not quite a moment but an entire string of events and is the KH1 Hollow Bastion issue. Sora breaking apart because he lost Donald and Goofy, along with Riku, him finding the strength needed to get the Keyblade back because they pulled through and stayed with him despite it all, and of course, the one moment that for me, Donald's KH1's character development led up to - Donald screaming out Sora's name when Sora turned into a Heartless.
It was the climax of that trio's development and it's what established them as true, inseparable friends to me.

Other token moments that show similar concepts would be in CoM when Donald and Goofy chase Sora after he ditched them and are oh so happy he found Namine despite it all, and in KH2 where they once again broke Mickey's orders for Sora's sake. <3

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

As I haven't beat the game yet, I'm not going to really comment.

But favorite moment - (points to quote she submitted).
I love it. Well, partly due to my brother and mine reactions, but then there's this whole deal with how everyone's memories - and by slight extension identities- are being stripped from them. They know this, they keep on going, and they still have time to engage in a little joshing. And I guess - though I'm probably over analyzing - it was a way for them to validate their previous existence and....

Why am I getting the idea now that it was a way to turn them into possible benevolent Nobody analogues?

NeoEevee

...well, we're known to disagree about those bits, Eevee.

But GRAH ;A; it was like, take KH1's best, put it in that world in Re:Coded. SO AWESOME, SO AWESOME! >w<

I KNOW, I KNOW, but you have your fangirl moments and I have mine and stuff... >w>;;

The gameplay was so much fun too! Like, you'd think just directing Donald and Goofy would be boring, but it's not... oh, and the finish move! I still like Faith better, but if it's one thing I love it's SDG's trinity attacks. I'm probably going to go replay the level as soon as I get the chance. owo;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back