• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pre-Square-Enix 1st Production Department Premiere discussion.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
So, let us guess what they will announce on the FF side in this thread! 13 sequel? Duodecim fighters? PS FF HD remakes? Guess below!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
XIII-2, VersusXIII stuff like Noctis' voice, the names of the other characters, maybe a small look at the HUD.

Aaaaaaaand a spin off game.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
^ Type-0 hohoho

yeah the FNC series is pretty much a given. and im personally hyped for duodecim. and maybe some more info on FFIV?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
FFXIII-2, Oh God I hope so! Dissidia 012 new fighters, hopefully new chaos characters revealed. A new versus XIII trailer with Noctis' voice and actual gameplay footage. Hopefully a FFV remake and a FFVI remake. A new Agito XIII trailer. Maybe an announcement about a new game in Fabula Nova Crystallis compalation.

Trying to think what else could be there FF wise.

Star

XIII-2
Versus footage and a release date (not exact, only a time frame)
Dissidia footage
Final Fantasy Collection (X, X-2 and maybe XII too)

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I will be up early in the morning on Tuesday, and I'm going to be making a sticky for all the big announcements~

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
I will be up early in the morning on Tuesday, and I'm going to be making a sticky for all the big announcements~

I look forward to it, I too will be up early that day

Too imho I dont want to hear anything about FFXIII-2 i think its way to early, & that'll be rushed just like XIV

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I'm interested in whether they will announce Fortress which was made by GRIM before it shut down. But then, it's from the first production team, thus I guess a western-developed FF wouldn't get a mention.

More interested in Versus XIII and Agito XIII.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
I look forward to it, I too will be up early that day

Too imho I dont want to hear anything about FFXIII-2 i think its way to early, & that'll be rushed just like XIV

Don't forget they've already got a good chunk of raw material from the existing game, and everything that was cut out.

Kitase himself said that during the 3 year development period (I know, what were they doing the rest of the time!?), the majority of time was spent on the system, and they felt they had little time to spend on the interesting things like story. He also said that if they were to do a sequel then they would focus much more on story.

I think that could be a good game. Especially if they've learned from FF13 and put in some TOWNZ!

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Don't forget they've already got a good chunk of raw material from the existing game, and everything that was cut out.

Most of that stuff was cut for editing purposes, and the art a lot of the assets weren't fully realized for the game. This is according to Isamu Kamikokuryou.

Kitase himself said that during the 3 year development period (I know, what were they doing the rest of the time!?), the majority of time was spent on the system, and they felt they had little time to spend on the interesting things like story. He also said that if they were to do a sequel then they would focus much more on story.

The story and characters were fully realized in the end though, and you have to consider that this is part of an ongoing trilogy in which elements of lore will be explained in other two titles.

I think that could be a good game. Especially if they've learned from FF13 and put in some TOWNZ!

Yeah needs more towns and things I hear from other people that make me feel that this game wasn't good.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
The story and characters were fully realized in the end though, and you have to consider that this is part of an ongoing trilogy in which elements of lore will be explained in other two titles.

Character-wise I would assume they would bring in some new characters to change the dynamic, and I certainly think there is a lot of room for character development with Lightning.

You're absolutely right with regards to the mythos. For me the most interesting bit of Final Fantasy XIII was the three Goddesses; Pulse, Lindzei, and Etro, the door to the afterlife, and the power of the crystals, all of which we already know will be covered by Versus XIII.

In this sense the only real creativity that there is room for, story-wise, is that of the characters of Final Fantasy XIII, which arguably weren't that interesting.

Either way I am interested. I loved Pulse, and would love to revisit it. If they could make a much better game of it then that would be all the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back