• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Hi I'm Todd...And I'm a hypochondriac.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
Well I walked up to my Health teacher today and told her a little issue I was having.
A couple of months ago I fell down the stairs and sort of scoffed my arm.
It was by no means a large wound, it's the size of a dime and bled for about an hour, nothing serious at all.

Anyways, that was a couple of months ago. It has still not healed.
My girlfriend has always told me I have "Low blood pressure". I am very pale, always cold, and there is not a second in the day I don't feel tired.

When I presented these "Symptoms" to my teacher, she told me she thinks I have Anemia.
I thought it wasn't too far fetched, my Mother has it after all.
When I went home and told my Mother my "Symptoms", she nodded and said;
"Yeah, you might have Anemia, but it sounds more like Diabetes to me."
...Great.

All I can really do is post what symptoms I have that the internet tells me I should look out for.
Maybe someone that has these diseases can help me out, tell me if I am just worrying over nothing.

Anyways, here is the list;
Anemia
Fatigue
Shortness of breath
Lightheadidness
Palpitations
Paleness
Low Blood Pressure
Pale/cold skin

Diabetes
Frequent urination
Unusual thirst
Extreme fatigue and Irritability
Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal
Tingling/numbness in the hands/feet

I know that seeing these symptoms can cause me to overreact, but to my best knowledge, all of these symptoms happen on a regular basis, some are multiple times a day.

Any help would be great.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I would say its Anemia since your mom has it. And it has most of the symptoms your describing. I bet she was just making a joke.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Well, I don't know much about this stuff, but it sounds like you should go talk to a doctor. They'll be able to help you the most.

Also, when I look at the symptoms for Diabetes you posted... I think I might have it o_O

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
Please don't come to us for a medical diagnosis.

See a doctor so you can be treated.

I actually saw that you had posted and was relieved because I thought you would write something especially helpful.
I haven't been to a doctor in years, besides for my sprained finger last year.

I'm really nervous to go get checked out and I just wanted an opinion.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
I think you should go to the doctor if you havent been for years, somthing could be wrong and could have been building up for years without anyone noticing

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
Also for the record, I am not looking for someone to come in with a limp and bounce his ideas of a crew of lesser co workers to find out exactly whats wrong with me.(Or what isn't.)

I'm almost positive there are members who have gone through these worries, have these diseases, or have gone through something similar.

I wouldn't say I am afraid of doctors, but I am sort of frightened over what I might go through.
I have never been tested for anything.

impart

Climb The Sky
dont you mean hemophilia?

hypochondria is a anxiety disorder.

anyways. go to a doctor

funfact~ men are more likely to get then women

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I urge you to consult your physician. Really, the internet isn't the best place to self diagnose.
What you've listed as your symptoms could be nothing or they could be something serious, but since I don't know you I don't really want to go about telling you what I think you could have.
I completely understand the fears you may be facing right now though, as I have faced them. No matter what, it's better to know what's going on with your body so you can take the proper steps to assist yourself.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I actually saw that you had posted and was relieved because I thought you would write something especially helpful.
I haven't been to a doctor in years, besides for my sprained finger last year.

I'm really nervous to go get checked out and I just wanted an opinion.

I understand.

To be honest, you could have either, or both, or hemophilia, or neither. I have friends who are diabetic and anemic and either of them sound a bit like you.

If you want a crude diagnosis, try WebMD.com where you can list your symptoms and find a possible diagnosis for what you have.

Symptom Checker from WebMD. Check Your Medical Symptoms.

List your symptoms and try to find what matches that.

Some of those symptoms really aren't a sign of a certain disease, but then again, some of your symptoms sound too unusual to just brush off as something natural (like not healing properly) so I think you should visit a doctor because it sounds like you might have something, which is why I insisted going to a doctor. Because we can't rule out what you do or don't have and I wouldn't want you to not visit a doctor because of something you hear here.

I doubt you have hemophilia. Hemophiliacs have trouble clotting whatsoever. If you stopped bleeding after an hour, but your wound didn't really heal up/scar quickly, it's likely not hemophilia, but something else.

Know that if you have either anemia Type 2 diabetes, you can easily and vastly improve your condition through dietary changes.

Last edited:

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
If you want a crude diagnosis, try WebMD.com where you can list your symptoms and find a possible diagnosis for what you have.

WebMD is wrong at worst, and only reliable if you know what you're looking for at best. Which most consumers just don't. You need to know the exact meaning of the symptoms you list, and lay interpretations of medical terms are often so erroneous it's a miracle that doctors and patients even know what each other are talking about. Many patients will complain of a stomach pain when, really, the anatomy they describe is their intestines.

I doubt you have hemophilia. Hemophiliacs have trouble clotting whatsoever. If you stopped bleeding after an hour, but your wound didn't really heal up/scar quickly, it's likely not hemophilia, but something else.

Know that if you have either anemia Type 2 diabetes, you can easily and vastly improve your condition through dietary changes.

While what you are saying is true, neither you nor I are in a position to make any medical diagnoses or recommendations.

Crimson Crashing, if you have any genuine concern for your health you will consult a doctor, not a Kingdom Hearts forum.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I have the same problem you had only in addition i have edema. Its a combination of both, the only reason i say you might a combination of both is because of non-healing of cuts. Like Dogen said it just requires a slight change of diet. But none the less fly your ass to the doctors

It is highly improbable for a healthy, young adult to spontaneously develop two entirely distinct diseases.

The Internet is hypochondriac Heaven. You forget to take a dump one day and you have colon cancer. You don't feel like whacking off and you're testosterone deficient. You feel tired and you have Metabolic Syndrome X. And everything is a tumor. There are entire forums medically untrained people gather in to turn a blocked nose to pneumonia. Patients who come into doctors' offices bearing reams of paper detailing the mechanisms, symptoms and consequences of obscure diseases with infinitesimal incidences are a source of great amusement in the medical community.

Slow healing may even be caused by a vitamin deficiency. Pop a vitamin C and you may just completely recover. Of course, I'm not saying you definitely will, or that you have neither of the mentioned conditions; I'm just saying bear in mind the possibility of less 'interesting' conditions.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I think the slow healing has to do with the excess of water in the body and the lack of circulation in blood

Great, you may be right--reduced blood flow reduces macrophage accumulation in the damaged tissue, which reduces healing rate--except you are in no position to make that diagnosis and tell him to change his diet because of it. What if he decides to take your advice and dehydrate himself to fix his problem? Not only is it unhealthy, but let me assure you: your healing rate will definitely slow when you are dehydrated.

O

Oberon

I have actually considered I might be diabetic recently. I've been having some unusual anxiety as well, so it's very possible I'm having a little self-delusion. Anyway, I have the constant urination (but I do drink soda which goes through me rather quickly), slight irritability and tingling/numbness in the extremities.

Still, make sure you keep your head on your shoulders when it comes to things like this. If you have anxiety, it's possible you're drawing conclusions out of the hat without any real evidence. And of course see a doctor if you're concerned enough.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I have actually considered I might be diabetic recently. I've been having some unusual anxiety as well, so it's very possible I'm having a little self-delusion. Anyway, I have the constant urination (but I do drink soda which goes through me rather quickly), slight irritability and tingling/numbness in the extremities.

I have just started endocrinology this term, and the earliest way to diagnose diabetes mellitus was to taste the urine. Mellitus means 'honey', so there you go. But if you don't want to taste your urine for sugar, buy yourself some urine test strips to get a rough idea of your glucose levels. Remember to also go to a physician even if your urine sugar is in check because you may have a type of diabetes that is related to kidney function rather than sugar levels, diabetes insipidus. Be prepared, however, for a water deprivation test that lasts around seven hours.

And finally, you may just have absolutely nothing! Psychogenic polydypsia is extremely common, and you may simply be peeing a lot because you drink a lot.

O

Oberon

well to be fair, i pee a lot from soda AND coffee. mostly because of the fact caffeine is a diuretic (sp?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back