• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Eurogamer Review of ReCoded [Hint: As good as Sonic before Colours]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotaHero21

I can't help but feel this is a little harsh but I cant disagree with it to much. Maybe if this one tanks square will stop fluffing around with us and stop selling this re:crap

jordand

Ign - B+

Gamespot - Critic:7.2
User:8.2

nintendo power - 8

Those seem pretty good to me for Re:Coded... and let me take a look back to Days....

Ign - B

Gamespot - Critic:7.7
user:8.8
Gs:8

nintendo power - 8 (sorry cant find a link)

If you have your head up "eurogamers" ass that far to listen to their review over several others who score it at a B average; make sure you ration your breaths. As far as I can tell square did pretty damn good on all three games; yes BbS was a standout in the series. that's because BbS is a standout among all games. it pushed the PSP to it's limits and provided fans and non-fans with a great game. To say that the DS games are a failure is complete stupidity; especially considering you probably haven't even tried coded yet...

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
To say that the DS games are a failure is complete stupidity; especially considering you probably haven't even tried coded yet...

Actually. I have. ROMs are beautiful, aren't they? I given up on it early on because of my dislike and frankly, I am not surprised.

It's a mess of a game that is only mildly interesting for its storyline according to the Wiki. Other than that, from what I've played and from what I've seen on youtube, it is frankly a mess. It tries mixing up many different gameplay directions and the current gameplay it has isn't that great, even with a BBS-style system thrown in.

ReCoded is crap, like the majority of the KH games.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Do you guys think I should save up and buy this game, or wait? it does look very promising.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Do you guys think I should save up and buy this game, or wait? it does look very promising.

I'd say wait until the price drops. It is a weak instalment in the KH series imo. Plus if it's anything like Days, then within a couple of months, you can pick it up for the price of chips. From my experience anyway.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
alright thanks Chrono I'll probably pick it up around my b-day then :D

Ralz

I'll still get it, anyway. Birth by Sleep was amazing, but I've moved onto other things. Re:Coded can help pass the time while I wait for March.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re:coded's gameplay is some of the best seen in the series. Better than Days.

And people complain about KH's "convoluted storyline" when Zelda is more of a mess than KH.

Revolution

Noticed that 5/10 to Eurogamer means Average.

I'll still get the game as I love the series, but remember this isn't supposed to be Big "ZOMG, THIS iS LIKE, KH3!!!!!!"

Plus, it's story was made in little bits for cell phones, which takes away points.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
And people complain about KH's "convoluted storyline" when Zelda is more of a mess than KH.

At least Zelda's story is self-contained and focus more on the gameplay. Kingdom Hearts on the other hand, has a convoluted storyline that no matter which KH game you start off on that isn't KH1, it's still downright convoluted and confusing.

Face it, Kingdom Hearts can't even do a storyline since it trips up on its own continuity. From a KH-retarded fan point of view, it constitutes depth and deep storyline. From everyone else's point of view, it's convoluted mess that requires you to play every KH game if you want to understand. I can enjoy the storyline and I would have fun with it. Is it a good storyline? Fuck no.

Persona has a better storyline
Planescape: Torment has a better storyline.
HECK, Fallout 3 has a better storyline and that's the pinnacle of bad storytelling for a western RPG imo.

Kingdom Hearts does not have one. As you described, it is convoluted and messy storyline.

Revolution

Face it, Kingdom Hearts can't even do a storyline since it trips up on its own continuity. From a KH-retarded fan point of view, it constitutes depth and deep storyline. From everyone else's point of view, it's convoluted mess that requires you to play every KH game if you want to understand.

That is the same for a lot of games. Not just Kingdom Hearts

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
That is the same for a lot of games. Not just Kingdom Hearts

...name me any game which follows the same problem as Kingdom Hearts.

Also. Fallout as a series don't have this problem. Even when it comes to something like the Brotherhood of Steel or Enclave, someone is always there to explain it if you do some digging around or talk to NPCs. With Kingdom Hearts, a lot of the time when it come to some events, it always skipped up on explaining the most important detail. 358/2 Days is the culprit of that, which wasn't even that good of a My first KH game.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Assassin's Creed is definatly heading in that direction, if not there.

Though ACII's era is pretty much self-contained and the only form of continuity is Assassin's Creed.

Really, I wouldn't have much of a problem with KH if Square decides to throw in a recap movie for you to access for KHIII. However with all of these spin-off and that they hold VALUABLE information for continuity makes me hate it because not only it is convoluted, but it makes it harder for you to keep track.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
At least Zelda's story is self-contained and focus more on the gameplay. Kingdom Hearts on the other hand, has a convoluted storyline that no matter which KH game you start off on that isn't KH1, it's still downright convoluted and confusing.

Face it, Kingdom Hearts can't even do a storyline since it trips up on its own continuity. From a KH-retarded fan point of view, it constitutes depth and deep storyline. From everyone else's point of view, it's convoluted mess that requires you to play every KH game if you want to understand. I can enjoy the storyline and I would have fun with it. Is it a good storyline? fluff no.

Persona has a better storyline
Planescape: Torment has a better storyline.
HECK, Fallout 3 has a better storyline and that's the pinnacle of bad storytelling for a western RPG imo.

Kingdom Hearts does not have one. As you described, it is convoluted and messy storyline.

Dude, can't believe your spitting out so much crap about a game series, on a forum that has to do with that game series specifically. Besides, this storyline for a game series is the best I've seen so far (For a game series that's lasted this long. FF series doesn't really count since most of the games don't have to deal with one another.) Of course they find loopholes in the series. It's not like they knew what was going to happen with the series on Day one. If they find a loophole, they try there best to make up for it.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think people should be aware that Re:coded has more stronger emphasis in gameplay. If people are only expecting a good storyline, you're going to be disappointed and annoyed by seeing the same repetition of worlds especially Agra-freakin-bah. XD

Revolution

Really, I wouldn't have much of a problem with KH if Square decides to throw in a recap movie for you to access for KHIII. However with all of these spin-off and that they hold VALUABLE information for continuity makes me hate it because not only it is convoluted, but it makes it harder for you to keep track.

There is a recap movie. It's called the opening

I never beat CoM when it came out. Always got stuck on that final Riku boss, so I never knew wtf happened to Sora and Namine. But, I figured it out by the KHII opener.

Not that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back