• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I like/dislike Final Fantasy ____ , and here's why:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
re: I like/dislike Final Fantasy ____, and here's why:

That's not what I said.

*throws phone because Sshamdeo is confusing me* damn Sham! (lol still rhymes) you made me crack my touch screen! JK I cracked my screen after seeing Tron.... back on topic

XII is a lost cause im moving on to IX!

Xorne

Personally, I never cared for Final Fantasy X-2 and still haven't found the willpower to make it through the game. But the real question is... why hasn't someone said "Final Fantasy Mystic Quest" yet? :p

yozoraki

Personally, I never cared for Final Fantasy X-2 and still haven't found the willpower to make it through the game. But the real question is... why hasn't someone said "Final Fantasy Mystic Quest" yet? :p

I liked that one, although while fun it seemed like Square was trying to pull the Legend of Zelda fans over with it giving them something that at the time was like what they were playing already. I actually didn't like Tactics the battle system to me was a bit to table top game and not enough like what final fantasy is.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

*throws phone because Sshamdeo is confusing me* damn Sham! (lol still rhymes) you made me crack my touch screen! JK I cracked my screen after seeing Tron.... back on topic

XII is a lost cause im moving on to IX!

1288394195462.png

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

the battle system to me was a bit to table top game and not enough like what final fantasy is.
Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the whole genre of the video game RPG an evolution of the table top format? Stats, dice rolls and turns etc.

yozoraki

Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the whole genre of the video game RPG an evolution of the table top format? Stats, dice rolls and turns etc.

doh, fail on my part in the last post I meant miniature war games, but you are right.

As for tactics the way it was done in the game its self didn't feel right in tactics advance even though it was the same system and while also table top it felt smoother, more at home in a video game.

Ultima Star

Can I still wait for you?
Awards
Website
z15.invisionfree.com

After reading a lot of of the posts I agree with most of them which say that no FF game is bad, out of the ones I've played (, VII , DoC, VIII, X, X-2, and bits of I, II, IV, V, VI I have the editions for PS1 and also IX and XII) I would have to say that out of all those none of them is bad really but I have a little something against FF XII, and it's not that it's bad, it's good, but I can't get used to it.

I find VII's gameplay brilliant, same for VIII, which I love, love the draw command and the GFs though it'd be nice if you could have more open slots for abilities, but yeah for me everything in VIII was all cool, in my opinion, one of the best games in the series though there might be people who will disagree with me.

But yeah, in all the FF games the only thing I find ''bad'' is XII's battle system but that doesn't mean the game is bad at all

Xorne

I liked that one, although while fun it seemed like Square was trying to pull the Legend of Zelda fans over with it giving them something that at the time was like what they were playing already. I actually didn't like Tactics the battle system to me was a bit to table top game and not enough like what final fantasy is.

For the most part I didn't mind FF:MQ - as I've mentioned earlier the only game I couldn't really bring myself to play through has been FFX-2. Over the years it always seemed like people were picking on FF:MQ though. :)

Final Fantasy Tactics I liked but for some reason I just couldn't get into FFT: Advanced as much as the original.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards

So, having just finished the original Final Fantasy IV (II) on the SNES (thank you Wii, for bringing it out in the UK for VC!) I'd like to update how I'd rate each Final Fantasy game.

Bare in mind that my mind changes on this ALL the time, so if you disagree with my list, chances are somewhere along the line I'll agree with you.

Anyway, here they are in order with a score out of 10. You can probably tell from this that I think there is only one bad main series game, as anything above 5 is good.

Final Fantasy VII (10)
Final Fantasy VI (10)
Final Fantasy IX (10)
Final Fantasy X (10)
Final Fantasy XII (9)
Final Fantasy IV (8)

Final Fantasy XIII (7)
Final Fantasy V (7)
Final Fantasy VIII (7)
Final Fantasy (6)
Final Fantasy XI (6)
Final Fantasy III (5)
Final Fantasy II (2)

tri-blade

Worst one I played was Dirge of Cerberus. I suck at shooting games. Cool songs by GACKT though (major influence for the character design of Genesis)

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards

So, I just picked up XIII to fiiiiinally play it. And...... well... I'm like 4 hours into the game and I already want to take it back. I find practically NO entertainment in the game one bit. The storyline is random and everywhere and thrusts you into shit, until you're already wielding a full party whilst still not knowing what the fluff is going on. The Paradigm system was uneventful and the crystarium was boring. The fact that I would buy all my equipment through a faggy computer (that's EVERYWHERE) for the rest of the game sincerely put me off. Not too mention the severe lack of exploration. I feel like I'm on a fluffing treadmill. Just keep running forward or you're gonna fall off. The gameplay was fairly pathetic, and the characters were cheesy. It felt like a complete popularized version of FF, that I found to be manufactured and not rightly painted together like the others. In short, I may give it a few more hours of my time to wait for an innevitable eureka moment... but it is still yet to be seen on whether that will happen or not. Granted, I still stand by initial statement and am sure that many could still find something to enjoy in this branch of the series, yet in comparison to even a 2D one one like IV, this falls to the wayside in my opinion.

Dowhax

Bronze Member

The only FF games I've played are FFX/X-2, FFXII, FFXIII, Crisis Core, and Dirge of Cerberus. Out of all the ones I beat were XIII. I don't know why, but XIII was funner and I liked the story better. The others, I liked the story, especially FFX's and X-2's, but XIII...was better. I hated XII..it just...Idk...didn't feel right.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

It's not the most successful JRPG series because it does the same thing with every title. People will like some and not others, it's natural with a series that changes as much as this one. If Square decided not to take any chances with something different, they wouldn't have even made Final Fantasy.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards

It's not the most successful JRPG series because it does the same thing with every title. People will like some and not others, it's natural with a series that changes as much as this one. If Square decided not to take any chances with something different, they wouldn't have even made Final Fantasy.

Which is why I will always support FFXIII. Even if you didn't like it, at least it was different.

A game that mimics something else that has gone before it, without innovating or bringing something new to the table will never beat what has gone before. It might come close, but it can never top it, which should always be the aim.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
dislike: Class/job system FFXIII was the only one to get it right imho, grinding, midevil settings Drawing(VIII) Trance(IX) MMO's (XI, XVI) ADB(XII), equipment,

like: Futuristic settings, magic, ATB, everything about VII,

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
XIII is the only Final Fantasy I've completed. I want to beat more of the games. But I like XIII, and the others that I've played. so the only Final Fantasy I don't like is X-2.

but like everyone else said, the only bad one is 14.

X

xxxxnestwwge

New here...Where Should I Start?

hi i hope i enjoy my stay here pls be nice to me thanks!

Back