• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Imaginative questions?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
If what we dreamed was to be our reality, would any of us actually ever meet?

Also, if we invent things to make our reality better, how is it really reality if we made it that way?

Another thing I think about often is; I have very, very, odd dreams. Like so many other people, they confuse me. Unlike many others, they play out as a complete, vivid and colorful, story that makes me weep, fear, or laugh as I'm sleeping even though I'm not in it. Why does it affect me that way and why do I even have such dreams in the first place?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
How about a decent imaginative question to hopefully get people thinking:

What happens to the world's transportation systems and industries if/when hovercars (VTOL-enabled) become publicly available? I'd like to see what everyone else might think of the involved changes or systems.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
How about a decent imaginative question to hopefully get people thinking:

What happens to the world's transportation systems and industries if/when hovercars (VTOL-enabled) become publicly available? I'd like to see what everyone else might think of the involved changes or systems.

Solar Sailers FTW! Only problem would be is accidents. that would be terrible to be honest. can you imagine some guy hovering, and then he hits another guy, and the shards and the people fall just about a few hundred feet and either die from landing on the ground or the accident itself

not saying they wouldn't be able to protect from accidents though

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
And I probably would not have started the platinum army either.
Will Hamster Lord let go of the fact that, yeah he's now premium but we don't really care when he posts something about it in every thread. (I kid, I kid)

What's on the last page of google when searching "google"?

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Will Hamster Lord let go of the fact that, yeah he's now premium but we don't really care when he posts something about it in every thread. (I kid, I kid)

What's on the last page of google when searching "google"?

well there's just about 43.4 billion pages when you type in google I think.

State

Awards
How well would the world be without the Central Intelligence Agency?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Also, if we invent things to make our reality better, how is it really reality if we made it that way?
We're constantly simultaneously perceiving and shaping the world. Even the combined experience of all humanity, even if they were all focussing on a single thing, is still subjective. Even dreams and memories of people and events long past are part of our reality.
Why does it affect me that way and why do I even have such dreams in the first place?
Because dreams are a time when the brain is as active as it is when awake, and uses dreams as a way to rehearse or simulate events that you might experience in real-life. Without your mind being entirely awake and aware of dreaming, it can get carried away in how bizarre some of the scenarios it plays out are.
Just watched a documentary on dreams as part of the Inception special edition :)

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
We're constantly simultaneously perceiving and shaping the world. Even the combined experience of all humanity, even if they were all focussing on a single thing, is still subjective. Even dreams and memories of people and events long past are part of our reality.Because dreams are a time when the brain is as active as it is when awake, and uses dreams as a way to rehearse or simulate events that you might experience in real-life. Without your mind being entirely awake and aware of dreaming, it can get carried away in how bizarre some of the scenarios it plays out are.
Just watched a documentary on dreams as part of the Inception special edition :)

-dream is collapsing starts playing-
*Cobb starts explaining things the one guy whose name I can't remember.* "We need to go deeper into your sub-con---can you turn that fucking music down damn!?"

Relix

A traveler
Awards
What will happen when people no longer find the use of interacting with one another face to face? Like never leaving them comfort of their home and talking through screens/holagram/etc.

Would society truly expect a person who has somehow developed the ability to fly (or any other supehuman ability)? Like how would scientists, the media, the government, doctors, etc handle that?

How would a world without music be?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Solar Sailers FTW! Only problem would be is accidents. that would be terrible to be honest. can you imagine some guy hovering, and then he hits another guy, and the shards and the people fall just about a few hundred feet and either die from landing on the ground or the accident itself

not saying they wouldn't be able to protect from accidents though
Okay so I'm just going to go ahead and give my answer to the question:

Even in the sky, with so much three-dimensional space, people would still be required to fly along highways. Even then, drivers wouldn't be allowed to manually fly their cars - the speed and sensitivity of each second would be too much, and so entire highways would become networks of cars all interlinked to that they can safely maneuver without collision.
People would only be able to fly their cars freely if they had a full-blown pilot's license, and the rest would only be allowed to hover from their homes to entries onto highways, and then their car's system links up with others and they could sit back. This means, of course, people's cars would much of the time not even really belong to them, but that's the price you'd have to pay.
Many roads and streets would still need to remain where they are for cargo transport of things too heavy to hover.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Okay so I'm just going to go ahead and give my answer to the question:

Even in the sky, with so much three-dimensional space, people would still be required to fly along highways. Even then, drivers wouldn't be allowed to manually fly their cars - the speed and sensitivity of each second would be too much, and so entire highways would become networks of cars all interlinked to that they can safely maneuver without collision.
People would only be able to fly their cars freely if they had a full-blown pilot's license, and the rest would only be allowed to hover from their homes to entries onto highways, and then their car's system links up with others and they could sit back. This means, of course, people's cars would much of the time not even really belong to them, but that's the price you'd have to pay.
Many roads and streets would still need to remain where they are for cargo transport of things too heavy to hover.

This is what my brother thinks they should do. Make something close to magnetic highways and such.

remember the car scenes in iRobot? Something like that is what I expect to be honest.

State

Awards
How well would the world be without the Central Intelligence Agency?

Interesting question is interesting, also...
How would the US have been without the "Bush Jr." administration?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Would society truly expect a person who has somehow developed the ability to fly (or any other supehuman ability)? Like how would scientists, the media, the government, doctors, etc handle that?
If it couldn't be replicated in other human beings without severe side effects, nope.

O

Oberon

Why are handles on fire-extinguisher cases if we're only going to smash the glass anyway?

State

Awards
Why are handles on fire-extinguisher cases if we're only going to smash the glass anyway?

Ah~
Interesting, it inspired me to ask this question:
Why do people, when they see a sign that says pull/push they do the opposite?

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

For the people too chicken to smash the glass in the first place. And to look somewhat professional.

Ah~
Interesting, it inspired me to ask this question:
Why do people, when they see a sign that says pull/push they do the opposite?

Think about "Those Teenage Years of Rebellion Against 'The Man'," and put it into a smaller context. Yupp, it's a person rebelling against the very idea of following a simple direction, and trying, unsuccessfully, to replace it with a conflicting vision of their own immediate making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back