• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D's story "on par with main titles, will have shocking ending"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
MF will probably reveal himself, we will probably see a reformed younger Master Xehanort, probably Braig and Isa will be whole again too. Lea too but he will probably be on the good side. And learning about Namine's true existence is would be a nice thing to learn in KH3D, out of all the beings in the series she is the most mysterious.

State

Awards
When thinking about something "tragic", all that comes to mind is the death of someone, but, Nomura already said that the concept of "death" is different in the universe of KH, as in, no one really dies. Anyhow, something else "tragic" would be, I dunno, Riku suddenly looses his ability to wield a keyblade and is defeated by MX, I, just... Don't know. There's nothing more tragic than a death. Sora fusing with Kingdom Hearts and going out forever? Not tragic, predictable and heroic.

Key

Exile
Awards
When thinking about something "tragic", all that comes to mind is the death of someone, but, Nomura already said that the concept of "death" is different in the universe of KH, as in, no one really dies. Anyhow, something else "tragic" would be, I dunno, Riku suddenly looses his ability to wield a keyblade and is defeated by MX, I, just... Don't know. There's nothing more tragic than a death. Sora fusing with Kingdom Hearts and going out forever? Not tragic, predictable and heroic.

Well, Nomura said it would be more "shocking" than "tragic," so... i don't think anyone needs to die, really.

I'm with whoever said that the surprise would be MF's identity. I think it's be pretty amazing if it was Sora. :D

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Admittedly, you don't find out the finer details of a trailer, but, I don't know. I would rather have played the game and been surprised that those things were in the game at all than know they were in it and only be surprised about the context.

Exactly. That's how I feel. The only KH games that surprised me were 1 and 2 because I got into the series after they both released. After that, the games have barely been surprising for me.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Well, Nomura said it would be more "shocking" than "tragic," so... i don't think anyone needs to die, really.

I'm with whoever said that the surprise would be MF's identity. I think it's be pretty amazing if it was Sora. :D

*Sora and Riku look at MF*

Sora: Hey, you look just like me!
Riku: Isn't that Xion?
Sora: No, Xion was the one that looked like black-haired me.
Riku: Actually, she was black-haired Kairi...You're thinking of Roxas.
Sora: Roxas was the Van - er, Ven lookalike :/
Data Sora: Hey, what's goin' on, guys?

State

Awards
Not tragic, but shocking. Well, let's think of something shocking! The Mysterious Figure is actually Master Eraqus, Yen Sid, Vanitas, dunno. Something else shocking? Destiny Island's is erased from the face of the universe, Master Xehanort takes control over Kingdom Hearts and demonstrates its omnipotent powers by mashing together Destiny Islands, Radiant Garden, Castle Oblivion and Mysterious Tower.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Some of my guesses:

Ven comes back to life.
Terra returns as a functional character.
Something happens with the set of Xehanort's memories that are (possibly) in Riku.
Riku becomes a heartless (possibly one like XH).

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
Just like recoded, I'm not hyped at all for this 3D game; It's just another drag out for sucking our wallets dry......just make KH freaking III and wrap that taco already.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
It blows my mind that anyone could not be excited for KH3D. I was excited beyond belief the second screens were shown. I'm more hyped for this than any KH game ever.

State

Awards
It blows my mind that anyone could not be excited for KH3D.
You shouldn't be, seeing as how there will always be fans and haters.
I was excited beyond belief the second screens were shown.
Mmhm, have to agree. Every time a Kingdom Hearts title gets announced I get hyped.
I'm more hyped for this than any KH game ever.
Personally, I was more hyped to Birth by Sleep than this.

But anyhow, these are the reasons why I'm hyped for 3DS:

Reasons:

- More portable Kingdom Hearts titles
- Kingdom Hearts with 3D *gazes at the distant and think how awesome it would be to see Sora in his suspended animation state right before his eyes*
- Riku's playable once again
- Sora or Riku will finally become keyblade Masters

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3D's story on par with main titles and will have a shocking ending.

You serious? Look BBS' ending was great and very sad, probably on par if not better than KH1's ending. But BBS really didn't have a shocking ending, it basically confirmed what we had speculated for a long time: Terra's is somehow part of Young Xehanort, Ventus' heart went to Sora and later Roxas. Something bad happens to Aqua I wouldn't call that shocking really, it was just shocking to see how these conclusions happened.

But with the theme of trust, KH3D may well have a truly shocking ending.

haha, khinsider pretty much figured out the whole story before it came out

No. Just no. Everything you just stated were small fragments of the ending borderline everyone in this forum saw arriving 2 years before the game was released. You both have entirely strayed from what I was trying to assert. You missed my point...terribly. I am speaking in regards to points such as:

Aqua creating Castle Oblivion from the remants of the Land of Departure.

And those revelations which were prevalently those pertient with the secret ending.

Ansem The Wise surviving the explosion, and him "transplanting data" inside of Sora-which will more or less serve as a crucial component in the subsequent stores. 3D, anyone?

Master Xehanort having planted "seeds"/created "many roads" aside from Terra that he has created. In addition to that, Master Eraqus is not fully deceased either.

The fact that somehow Roxas, Axel, Xion, and Namine will be revisited or resurrected in some shape or form

After 4 years, finally learning what the message Mickey sent Sora at the end of Kingdom Hearts II.

Come on...give me some credit. Not sure how in the world you thought I was referring to those painfully obvious parts of the ending.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Some of my guesses:

Ven comes back to life.
Terra returns as a functional character.
Something happens with the set of Xehanort's memories that are (possibly) in Riku.
Riku becomes a heartless (possibly one like XH).

Um...Ven's not dead so how could he come back to life in the first place? His heart is just taking a nap in Sora and his body is in a comatose state.

Anyways, the most shocking thing I could see happening in KH3D is that we learn some huge piece of MX's plan that absolutely blows our minds because no one saw it coming. That and MF's identity.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3D's story on par with main titles and will have a shocking ending.

Everything you just stated were small fragments of the ending borderline everyone in this forum saw arriving 2 years before the game was released.
I wouldn't call TAV's fates "small fragments" of the ending.

Aqua creating Castle Oblivion from the remants of the Land of Departure.
We kinda guessed that LOD would become Castle Oblivion after seeing the first good pics of LOD (or it's world picture, for that matter) and Nomura saying that the RoA came before CO.

Ansem The Wise surviving the explosion, and him "transplanting data" inside of Sora-which will more or less serve as a crucial component in the subsequent stores. 3D, anyone?
Seeing Ansem alive is a surprise, I suppose.

Master Xehanort having planted "seeds"/created "many roads" aside from Terra that he has created. In addition to that, Master Eraqus is not fully deceased either.
I don't really see what's so shocking about MX's backup plans; I mean, it's not like we've seen anything before that could've contradicted that.

Eraqus...eh. Surprise, but not shocking.

The fact that somehow Roxas, Axel, Xion, and Namine will be revisited or resurrected in some shape or form
I'll give this one an 8/10.

After 4 years, finally learning what the message Mickey sent Sora at the end of Kingdom Hearts II.
Not really that shocking, especially when it just told us they're going on another adventure. Hidden memories wasn't so surprising, either. :/

Um...Ven's not dead so how could he come back to life in the first place? His heart is just taking a nap in Sora and his body is in a comatose state.
What I meant was that he wakes up from his nap for whatever reasons.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

Anyways, the most shocking thing I could see happening in KH3D is that we learn some huge piece of MX's plan that absolutely blows our minds because no one saw it coming. That and MF's identity.

This.

MF's identity is up in the air just like Xemnas's was in KH1FM.

Lavender13

now don't spout stuff like that. obvious to you, not to others.

Hard to say it was, we didn't know a thing.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
No. It was obvious. You have Goofy asking if he is Ansem and he says that it's a familiar sound/name. You have the Ansem Reports explaining about Nobodies. You have his comment about being a mere shell. You have the comments in DD/ASAS about Nobodies.

Trust me, it was obvious.

Lavender13

"mere shell" does hint it. but i guess the only thing not supportive enough is the whole goofy-ansem. hypothetically, theories about that line could've expanded to various things other than the "obvious"

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
"mere shell" does hint it. but i guess the only thing not supportive enough is the whole goofy-ansem. hypothetically, theories about that line could've expanded to various things other than the "obvious"
Well, I was here. It was obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back