• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion and the confusion at the end

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

roofie

Right so, everytime I go into theatre mode and watch the final scenes, I get super confused. She tells Roxas that he needs to stop KH and all that jazz, and then when Roxas and Riku are fighting in the city, she says to Riku that he needs to stop Roxas... Why the sudden turn of events? Did she tell Roxas to stop them, knowing that he would be going to his doom if Riku caught him? I dont get it :S

Relix

A traveler
Awards
From what I remember, she asked Roxas to stop Xemnas, but when Roxas went to go do it she realized that he wasn't strong enough and would be slaughtered by Xemnas alone so she tossed Riku oblivion from inside Roxas (weird I know) and tells Riku to stop Roxas. In my opinion involving her in this fight was a slap to my KH lovin face.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I like to pretend that Xion didn't say anything to Riku in that scene. I liked it so much better before they added that in there. >_> I mean, Riku was going to stop Roxas anyway, so her telling him to do it really wasn't necessary.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I pretend that Xion had no influence over Deep Dive. At all.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I miss the days people'd rage at Kairi hate outside the hate club.
Let me try and recreate it, albeit a variation of it.
If none of you have anything better to contribute, kindly stop :v you have your precious hate club for it.

@ topic
Basically what Relix said before he started hating. Roxas, being the restless, rash kid that he was basically went to get himself killed. Xion was trying to stop that.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Oh, I really like Xion. I just don't like her influence over Riku in that scene, sorry. xD
It is confusing that Xion was all gung-ho about Roxas killing Xemnas until that scene though, and then she changed her mind.
Maybe, it was because she didn't realize how much anger Roxas had until he went to go charge in and she realized that his anger would be the downfall of him in a battle against Xemnas.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Oh, I really like Xion. I just don't like her influence over Riku in that scene, sorry. xD

Or he could've, ya know, talked to Roxas, tried to reason with him like he did with Xion herself. But then she made him realize that wasn't an option since Roxas was going to get killed.

It is confusing that Xion was all gung-ho about Roxas killing Xemnas until that scene though, and then she changed her mind.

"gung-ho". She was dying and with her gone and Sora still out of comission, it was up to Roxas.

Maybe, it was because she didn't realize how much anger Roxas had until he went to go charge in and she realized that his anger would be the downfall of him in a battle against Xemnas.

Anger or no anger, I doubt Roxas would've managed. To begin with, quite a few members of the Organization were still around. Then we get to the issue that Sora DID manage to beat Xemnas one on one, but only after his fusion with Roxas stabilized. Roxas wouldn't have been able to pull it off on his lonesome, most likely.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
"gung-ho". She was dying and with her gone and Sora still out of comission, it was up to Roxas.
That's true, it was just a very short span of time to change her mind. But, I'm sure even without her telling Roxas to go after Xemnas, that he would have tried something anyway. He was pretty devastated by her death.

Anger or no anger, I doubt Roxas would've managed. To begin with, quite a few members of the Organization were still around. Then we get to the issue that Sora DID manage to beat Xemnas one on one, but only after his fusion with Roxas stabilized. Roxas wouldn't have been able to pull it off on his lonesome, most likely.
Sora wasn't really alone against Xemnas though, he did have Riku. So that already doubled his odds of winning, whereas you're right about Roxas being really alone and still not being with his somebody.
Is it possible that Xion knew Riku would be looking for Roxas in TWTNW and she orchestrated Riku taking down Roxas so that he could return to Sora?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sora wasn't really alone against Xemnas though, he did have Riku. So that already doubled his odds of winning, whereas you're right about Roxas being really alone and still not being with his somebody.

Final-Xemnas. I'm talking before he fused with Kingdom Hearts.

Is it possible that Xion knew Riku would be looking for Roxas in TWTNW and she orchestrated Riku taking down Roxas so that he could return to Sora?

Highly doubtful. Namine's the closest to an omnipotent being in that sense and even she'd have to mess people up for them to be "orchestrated". I really doubt Xion had any idea Riku was there until he... was.
But yes, she did do it so that Roxas can return to Sora.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think Smile was referring to the first Xemnas-battle...where you can use that reaction command to slam him against the skyscraper.

Nice to have you here again, Taocha ^_^.

Edit: She beat me to it again...I'm just too slow in typing...

tri-blade

I miss the days people'd rage at Kairi hate outside the hate club

Same thing happened with Namine and, of course, Xion.
You know what they say in Criminal Minds: "Happens once, it is random. Happens twice, it is a coincidence. Happens three times, you got a pattern." XD
Why can't fans just make up their minds about good-guy girls in this series? Everyone knows that these hate clubs just dwindle in numbers over time, I just love pointing and laughing at the process. LOL LMAO XDDDDDD

Kairi haters:
When 1st trailer comes out to beginning when game is new: I hate Kairi!
3 months after: I guess she is okay, I see where the creators are going with this.
1 year after: I LUV Kairi!!!!!! OMG Kawaii!!!!

Namine haters:
When 1st trailer comes out to beginning when game is new: I hate Namine!
3 months after: I guess she is okay, I see where the creators are going with this.
1 year after: I LUV Namine!!!!!! OMG Kawaii!!!!

Xion haters:
When 1st trailer comes out to beginning when game is new: I hate Xion!
1 year after: I'm cool with her.

For me, I just judge them when the game becomes accessible. So far, I like all the good-guy girls.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I think Smile was referring to the first Xemnas-battle...where you can use that reaction command to slam him against the skyscraper.

Nice to have you here again, Taocha ^_^.

Edit: She beat me to it again...I'm just too slow in typing...
Oh yeah, sorry I forgot you were alone in that battle. Thanks. :3

Highly doubtful. Namine's the closest to an omnipotent being in that sense and even she'd have to mess people up for them to be "orchestrated". I really doubt Xion had any idea Riku was there until he... was.
But yes, she did do it so that Roxas can return to Sora.
True, she is. I was just wondering if Xion maybe, wasn't referring to Roxas defeating Xemnas on his own and maybe she was referring to him beating Xemnas once Roxas had refused with Sora.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
True, she is. I was just wondering if Xion maybe, wasn't referring to Roxas defeating Xemnas on his own and maybe she was referring to him beating Xemnas once Roxas had refused with Sora.

For all we know, she was hoping Roxas'd join Sora on his own. She asked Axel and Namine to look after him for that end, after all.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
For all we know, she was hoping Roxas'd join Sora on his own. She asked Axel and Namine to look after him for that end, after all.
And eventually he did, although it took much time.
He's a highly independent one after all...even managed to retain his own sense of self after joining with Sora.
But as with Naminé, it has probably to do with them being "special".

@Taocha:

No problem, after all, you do fight that guy quite a bit of times...;)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
That's true but it doesn't rule out the possibility; I think it's interesting. You bring up good points.

EDIT:
And eventually he did, although it took much time.
He's a highly independent one after all...even managed to retain his own sense of self after joining with Sora.
But as with Naminé, it has probably to do with them being "special".

@Taocha:

No problem, after all, you do fight that guy quite a bit of times...;)
That's why I really like Roxas. :3 I was so sad after my 2 hour Twilight Town tutorial ended when I first played KH2. xD
Ugh, you really do. He was so much easier than Ansem SoD though, for me.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's true but it doesn't rule out the possibility; I think it's interesting. You bring up good points.

EDIT:

That's why I really like Roxas. :3 I was so sad after my 2 hour Twilight Town tutorial ended when I first played KH2. xD
Ugh, you really do. He was so much easier than Ansem SoD though, for me.

Indeed she does make good points...Smile has given me a lot of insight on some not so satisfying points inside the KH series and renewed my opinion that in certain areas Nomura's just lazy. ;)

We're alike in this, beside Ven, Terra, Naminé, Sora and Aqua Roxas counts to my circle of characters I like very much...err, damn, forgot Riku...

This may be because KH II as a whole was way easier than KH I...for me in fact too easy...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Indeed she does make good points...Smile has given me a lot of insight on some not so satisfying points inside the KH series and renewed my opinion that in certain areas Nomura's just lazy. ;)

We're alike in this, beside Ven, Terra, Naminé, Sora and Aqua Roxas counts to my circle of characters I like very much...err, damn, forgot Riku...

This may be because KH II as a whole was way easier than KH I...for me in fact too easy...
I like hashing it out in a friendly debate about characters (I hope it was friendly). xD Xion is a character I don't normally get to discuss with many people because no one who I know IRL has played friggin' Days. And that scene had been bugging me, symbolically... that's why I previously liked to pretend it didn't happen. I think I'll go rewatch it a couple of times and see how our debate fits into the situation. (I hope the OP does too and that we helped).

That is a good group of characters... I don't think there's a KH character I hate. KH2 was so easy, sometimes I like that when I'm in a low-key gaming mood I just zip right through it.

Beyer

In my head Xion is thinking along these lines.
"Yeah, I kinda have to die now so you should go defeat Xemnas Roxas. That would be nice. He is a bit of a d*#che"
-Roxas goes off to defeat Xemnas-
"NOT NOW YOU TOOL! You honestly think you are good enough to beat them NOW? B!tch, please. Go fuse with Sora or something."
"Riku, you sort this out please, not much I can do, you know, being dead/fused back with Roxas/Sora and all."

If Xion talked like that, I honestly don't know...I just...I don't even...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I like hashing it out in a friendly debate about characters (I hope it was friendly). xD Xion is a character I don't normally get to discuss with many people because no one who I know IRL has played friggin' Days. And that scene had been bugging me, symbolically... that's why I previously liked to pretend it didn't happen. I think I'll go rewatch it a couple of times and see how our debate fits into the situation. (I hope the OP does too and that we helped).

That is a good group of characters... I don't think there's a KH character I hate. KH2 was so easy, sometimes I like that when I'm in a low-key gaming mood I just zip right through it.

To me it's also doing it all in a friendly, tolerant matter. Although Smile and I discovered we disagree on quite some points we've agreed to disagree...if that makes sense at all, lol.
I've also not played Days, but begun to watch a Days-playthrough on Youtube (got up to the point where Roxas goes nuts at Saix and yells at him...;) ).
As for Xion, up to now I didn't really get why there's so much hate about her...granted, on the other side I don't get how one can hate a fictional character anyways.

I for myself am extremely cautious of using the words "love" and "hate" in such situations, they're a tad too strong.
And ranting and dissing a character? Nope, I can use my time better than for that.
I've quite a few characters I like very much, way more than I dislike, and some I've a neutral stance to, such as Kairi for example.
On KH II I know what you mean...sometimes I'll just equip the kingdom key or that keyblade from Pooh with no bonuses to actually do fewer damage...

@Beyer:
Lol, this actually shows that, judging from behavior Roxas is the idiot, and there's not fault on Xion's side except maybe she wasn't specific enough...
but oops, she was dying, so hadn't time to explain it all out...

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
In my head Xion is thinking along these lines.
"Yeah, I kinda have to die now so you should go defeat Xemnas Roxas. That would be nice. He is a bit of a d*#che"
-Roxas goes off to defeat Xemnas-
"NOT NOW YOU TOOL! You honestly think you are good enough to beat them NOW? B!tch, please. Go fuse with Sora or something."
"Riku, you sort this out please, not much I can do, you know, being dead/fused back with Roxas/Sora and all."

If Xion talked like that, I honestly don't know...I just...I don't even...
This is highly comedic. XD Also, it seems like a highly reasonable explanation of Xion's actions during Deep Dive... I like it.

EDIT:
To me it's also doing it all in a friendly, tolerant matter. Although Smile and I discovered we disagree on quite some points we've agreed to disagree...if that makes sense at all, lol.
I've also not played Days, but begun to watch a Days-playthrough on Youtube (got up to the point where Roxas goes nuts at Saix and yells at him...;) ).
As for Xion, up to now I didn't really get why there's so much hate about her...granted, on the other side I don't get how one can hate a fictional character anyways.
I like friendly debates, we all can show our points and maybe someone can come away with something new to think about/a better understanding. It makes sense, we can't always agree with each other. xD
I have never beaten Re:COM (I've only watched the cutscenes on Youtube sooo, I know how that is). K, everyone was raging about her being a Mary-sue before the games were even out, it was awful. Then when the games came out she was just considered a plot device. -shakes head- But, oh well. We all have different opinions.

I for myself am extremely cautious of using the words "love" and "hate" in such situations, they're a tad too strong.
And ranting and dissing a character? Nope, I can use my time better than for that.
I've quite a few characters I like very much, way more than I dislike, and some I've a neutral stance to, such as Kairi for example.
On KH II I know what you mean...sometimes I'll just equip the kingdom key or that keyblade from Pooh with no bonuses to actually do fewer damage...
Yeah, over fictional characters it's crazy to get so worked up. o_o Oh KH females, how they envoke so many emotions!
It's fun to do that on KH2... makes it challenging and enjoyable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back