• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Interview about 3D and BBS FM(UPDATE)(SCAN AND NOT TRANLASTED)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepe1092

Awards
AndriaSang said:
Kingdom Hearts 3D is the topic of conversation for Famitsu's latest interview with Tetsuya Nomura. The Kingdom Hearts producer shares a few bits about the 3DS entry's gameplay and story.

Players will be able to control Sora and Riku, Nomura reveals. In terms of gameplay systems, they're hoping to show some differences between the two characters.

Past screenshots showed Sora and Riku as they looked in the original Kingdom Hearts timeframe. They reason they appear like this is currently a secret. Nomura would only say that it was a necessity for the story.

In terms of development progress, the game's central gameplay systems are all complete. They're now going through a trial phase to see how to put those systems into the game.

They're also currently going through world selection for the game's Disney areas. The plan is to use all new Disney worlds this time. It appears that Travis Town and other original creations will carry over into the game, though.

There could be some deeper meaning to the "3" in the title. In addition to indicating the use of 3D visual output, the game will be connected to Kingdom Hearts III both in terms of gameplay systems and story. It's possible that the ending of 3D will lead into the story of KHIII.

Nomura also shared a few bits about the other currently announced Kingdom Hearts project, Birth By Sleep Final Mix. Work on this is almost complete, he said. He provided a few hints about the nature of the game's new "secret episode." Players will be able to actually control their character in this part.

Final Mix will be playable at December's Jump Festa event, Nomura revealed (Square Enix has yet to formally announce its lineup). Attendees will also get to sample The 3rd Birthday and Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded will have some surechigai/tag-mode downloads.

CHANGES/UPDATES TO THIS STORY

11:40 - The original version of this story was based off a summary that appeared at Game Jouhou. I've since seen the article for myself and have made a few additions.
1x1td.gif

---Data Sora had a heart, didn't he?
NOMURA:
Theoretically he doesn't, but I entrust the answer to the imaginations of those who've seen the ending.

---In the Secret Movie, it's said they seem to know the location of Ven's heart, leaving only Terra left. If we may assume, those two know that Aqua is located in the Realm of Darkness.
NOMURA:
That is what's being hinted at.

---Is it possible that the King met with her in the Realm of Darkness during Kingdom Hearts I?
NOMURA
: About that, I can't yet say.

---Yen Sid asks what if the revived Xehanort isn't alone. What is the meaning behind that?
NOMURA:
Its meaning is literal. What would you do if there was more than just Xehanort? I get a bad feeling just thinking about it. (Laughs).

---So it's possible that other members of Organization XIII can be revived?
NOMURA:
If their Heartless has been defeated then it's possible.

---At what point were Ansem and Xemnas separated from Xehanort? When did they lose their memories?
NOMURA:
Sometime between Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts I. It happened during the events in the Ansem Reports from Kingdom Hearts I. Was it really memory loss? In the Birth by Sleep Secret Movie, Braig doubted it.

---Additionally, there is only one master right now, and that's the King. When did the King become a master?
NOMURA
: During Birth by Sleep, the King is in the middle of his Mark of Mastery exam. Therefore, by the time of Kingdom Hearts I, he has become a Keyblade Master. Yen Sid is a retired master and he can proctor the Mark of Mastery exam. Thus, this time, he will administer the test to Sora and Riku.

---So the letter Sora receives in the ending has to do with the Mark of Mastery?
NOMURA:
Well, how about that. Incidentally, even though Kairi can wield a Keyblade, she won't be a testing candidate.

---So will Kingdom Hearts 3D be the telling of their Mark of Mastery exam?
NOMURA:
Kingdom Hearts 3D will be the platform for it. We've completed the axis for the system, right now we are testing how things are implemented, continuing in the trail and error process. In KH3D you will be able to play as Sora and Riku, but we are considering making their main operation systems different. In Chain of Memories they both used cards but they used them differently. We're thinking about having two types of play styles like that.

---Sora and Riku appear in their Kingdom Hearts I outfits, why is that?
NOMURA:
That's still a secret. I can only say that for the story it is necessary.

---Then the worlds will be the same as in the first Kingdom Hearts?
NOMURA
: No, except for the original worlds like Traverse Town, we plan on using all new Disney worlds. Right now we are selecting worlds, though I have a lot of ideas I want to include.

---Will it use the solid 3D display that is distinctive of the Nintendo 3DS?
NOMURA:
There's that, but not just that. Kingdom Hearts 3D connects to Kingdom Hearts III; I plan on showing how they evolutionarily progress.

---Connected to Kingdom Hearts III?!
NOMURA:
Yes, both the system and the story are tied to Kingdom Hearts III. It's likely that the ending of 3D will continue into the story of KH3.

---So, how is the system progressing?
NOMURA:
The Kingdom Hearts series has fundamentally been a single player game. Since it's different than the Final Fantasy series which is founded on party play, the way the characters level up is different. Because there are various things that can and can't be done, the things I can't do in Final Fantasy Versus XIII I'm doing in Kingdom Hearts. Still, I think those sorts of differences are there.

---Is Birth by Sleep Final Mix taking center stage at the moment?
NOMURA:
The manufacturing of Birth By Sleep Final Mix is just about finished. Since the new "Secret Episode" is being included, those fans who pay close attention to the mysteries of the story will want to play it by all means.

---This Secret Episode, will it be different than the Secret Movies shown so far?
NOMURA
: In the Secret Episode, you'll be able to virtually move as the character. I think it'll be a different surprise fans can savour compared to just watching a movie.

---Will fans be able to play a Birth By Sleep Final Mix demo at Jump Festa this December?
NOMURA:
Yeah, you'll be able to. A single player and a multiplayer mode are being prepared. In the multiplayer mode, you'll be able to enjoy battling against Monstro.

---What other titles will be exhibited?
NOMURA:
The demos for The 3rd Birthday and Dissidia 012 [duodecim] will be available. One part of the promotional figure display from the Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded launch will also be there. I figured it'd be a good chance for Re:Coded players to cross paths, so please attend if you can.

---The conference relating to Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII is occurring in January 2011, how is that coming along?
NOMURA
: We are in the midst of preparing for it. Please wait for a detailed follow up report.

---Finally, a message for the fans.
NOMURA
: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep's release date is Janurary 20th. Since I'm thinking there will be a long wait before I can send a follow up report about Kingdom Hearts 3D, please look forward to it.

Source: HeartStation

Source: FF-Reunion Blog Archive ????NEWS??T3B??????????????????KH3D

Last edited by a moderator:

jonXjon

Re: New Interview about 3D and BBS FM(SCAN AND NOT TRANLASTED)

Yay hopefully it gives SOME insight to what 3D will be about. (Besides Re:coded secret ending info)

siegleeagle

Weekly Famitsu for "Kingdom Hearts" It seems that the case appeared in a series of interviews, interviews "(Mr. Nomura)" BbS "and" Kingdom Hearts "between the" Ansem "there are events or "," BbS king when was in the acceptance testing master, so "I" at the time of making the master now, Ienshiddo but retired master can perform acceptance testing. So, Sora and Riku to this "testing approval," he said (By the way, not subject to trial-mile) "," pattern approval tests, "KH3D" drawn.'s axis system have made up, now how do you implement it and continue to trial and error "," "3D" Sora and Riku have to work, the main system is trying to differentiate their thinking. "KHCoM" in two The use of the card was different, I think both of us to introduce a different way to play that way, "" Sora and Riku "Kingdom Hearts" has become the image of a secret but required on the story let me just mention that "World", except Traverse original and Disney plans to all new things "," "3D" in "KH3" lead to the direction of evolution did pot will show the sexual system is also a story "3", leads to. perhaps "3D" ending "3" will follow the story of "," "Kingdom Hearts" series is essentially one of character manipulate the game's basic Patipurei and FF series are radically different, even the direction of evolutionary change. may not be made from each can, FF, KH Verusasu be unable in the series. I think that there would and vice versa "," KHBbSFM nearly finished work. the new "Shikurettoepisodo" has recorded it, people who would be the mystery of the story you want to come out and play "" In Shikurettoepisodo the characters can actually move. and to see a different movie and I think there is a surprise, "" In the December jump BbSFM has 試遊 of the two single and multi- There are two modes in multiplayer, you can enjoy the battle with Monsutoro that "," title of other exhibitors is "The 3rd Birthday" and "Dyuodeshimu Dissidia: FF" stand 試遊, while the "KH Re: coded" the object of the launch event There is also some "," Fabula Nova Crystallis Kang on file in January, while gearing up. Please wait for further news, "he says. (Image: Speed Geha)

Here is the crapyness of google translate. What I want to know is why it said sexual system lol. Im betting thats crapy google. lol

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

Cool, can't wait for the translation. It's been ages since we got our last scan.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

So a retired master can still hold the MoM exam....well that was kinda self explanatory.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Looks like it'll be an interesting interview.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

So, KH3D will be sexual?
Google translate rocks.

siegleeagle

Well trying to find anything in the garbled mess of google, it seems like nomura is finally telling us a little something about 3d's albeit n.ot much

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
AndriaSang said:
Kingdom Hearts 3D is the topic of conversation for Famitsu's latest interview with Tetsuya Nomura. The Kingdom Hearts producer shares a few bits about the 3DS entry's gameplay and story.

Players will be able to control Sora and Riku, Nomura reveals. In terms of gameplay systems, they're hoping to show some differences between the two characters.

Past screenshots showed Sora and Riku as they looked in the original Kingdom Hearts timeframe. They reason they appear like this is currently a secret. Nomura would only say that it was a necessity for the story.

In terms of development progress, the game's central gameplay systems are all complete. They're now going through a trial phase to see how to put those systems into the game.

They're also currently going through world selection for the game's Disney areas. The plan is to use all new Disney worlds this time. It appears that Travis Town and other original creations will carry over into the game, though.

There could be some deeper meaning to the "3" in the title. In addition to indicating the use of 3D visual output, the game will be connected to Kingdom Hearts III both in terms of gameplay systems and story. It's possible that the ending of 3D will lead into the story of KHIII.

Nomura also shared a few bits about the other currently announced Kingdom Hearts project, Birth By Sleep Final Mix. Work on this is almost complete, he said. He provided a few hints about the nature of the game's new "secret episode." Players will be able to actually control their character in this part.

Final Mix will be playable at December's Jump Festa event, Nomura revealed (Square Enix has yet to formally announce its lineup). Attendees will also get to sample The 3rd Birthday and Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded will have some surechigai/tag-mode downloads.

CHANGES/UPDATES TO THIS STORY

11:40 - The original version of this story was based off a summary that appeared at Game Jouhou. I've since seen the article for myself and have made a few additions.
1x1td.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
So the KH1 forms ARE part of the story to KH3D. Hmmm so dreams may not be far off.

In addition to indicating the use of 3D visual output, the game will be connected to Kingdom Hearts III both in terms of gameplay systems and story. It's possible that the ending of 3D will lead into the story of KHIII.
Well this was kind of known from the start. But still 3D's gameplay will link to KH3's? That's new to me.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
For some reason, I'm more excited for the return of Traverse Town.
Yeah, in CoM and Coded, but they didn't hold anything new to that world.

Anyways, 101 Dalmatians world. Sword in the Stone. The Black Cauldron. Toy Story. I want these 4 worlds, and I'll be super ultra happy.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
So the KH1 forms ARE part of the story to KH3D. Hmmm so dreams may not be far off.

Well this was kind of known from the start. But still 3D's gameplay will link to KH3's? That's new to me.
At the same time he's also confirmed that those aren't real cutscenes from the game =/

siegleeagle

What im most excited about is that all of the central gameplay elements are finished he said. So this could be a launch title for the 3ds. Me=super excited.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
What im most excited about is that all of the central gameplay elements are finished he said. So this could be a launch title for the 3ds. Me=super excited.
It definitely won't be a launch title. They only -just- started development. I think he means they have the main -concepts- down, now they have to work on actually implementing them.

Hmm then what could it be.
Disappointing is what it is.
He managed to decanonize the demo trailer only for him to decide to still use the young models anyway. If this is based on "dreams" why can't they be in their KH2 outfits still? Bleh.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Ugh Nomura. I'm still really excited about this game but now I'm confused as to what the hell is going on with the KH1/KH2 character designs for Sora and Riku. x_x

Awards
The plan is to use all new Disney worlds this time.

Holy crap. Did not see that coming.

Disappointing is what it is.
He managed to decanonize the demo trailer only for him to decide to still use the young models anyway. If this is based on "dreams" why can't they be in their KH2 outfits still? Bleh.

I know. Whatever story reason he uses for it, guaranteed it's nothing more than a poor excuse.
Seriously. KH1, CoM/Re:CoM, coded/Re:coded (hell, even in Days).
I'm tired of playing as KH1 Sora. Seriously, we've only played as KH2 Sora for one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back