• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thoughts on Bbs? Good? Bad? Ugly?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DizInMyPants

I don't know of any other way to say it, but what were your thoughts on Bbs? Was the storyline horrible? Did the long loading times get to you? Or were you not impressed by the new battle system?
I personally think it's the second best in the series, right behind KH1. Also, I just joined! I've been stalking these forums for a few years, and I finally decided to join. Why I didn't join sooner? I will never know.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
(so many threads like this >.<)
yeah i loved it and the loading times were find and could be fixed with data install and welcome.

no offense but there are a lot of threads like this but since u are new.. welcome to khinsider!! You are new and couldnt have known this but there are a lot of threads like this one, and again... welcome

BahamutZERO

There's a few of these threads, but whatever.

I loved it, and hated it at the same time.

The storyline, and the explanations made me sick, but the Gameplay itself was enjoyable, and the unlockable video's/Secret bosses/Trophies/Etc made the game all the more envigorating.

DizInMyPants

Yes I know there are lots of these, (I have after all been going on these forums for QUITE a while) but I just wanted to see if I could get a different set of people to answer, it seemed like the same people answered every time. Anyway, I wont do this again haha, and thanks!

Dr_Mario64

Since I don't want to torture your ears by restating the obvious I'll disregard the comments about the numerous other threads and give you a warm welcome instead. Welcome to the "heart" (crappy pun. I know.) of the internet. Please enjoy your stay and help yourself to the free eye and word candy found in the creative media and creative writing sections, respectively. Before I forget let's give you an unofficial initiation: Now that you have entered the clutches of this forum you cannot escape! Mwa ha ha ha ha!

Yessir_23

Awards
There's a few of these threads, but whatever.

I loved it, and hated it at the same time.

The storyline, and the explanations made me sick, but the Gameplay itself was enjoyable, and the unlockable video's/Secret bosses/Trophies/Etc made the game all the more envigorating.
Was the story really that bad?

Soxas

well data install helped fix the loading time problem,storyline was amazing,battle system was very different eliminating the saying "kingdom hearts is just a button smasher game",and to me its the best in the series and is anyone still realizing the fact that all of this is on a psp haha. and welcome to the forums.your soul is officially trapped here and you will always come back here.even if you forget youll come back... haha

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, I also think that people tend to forget BBS is on a handheld console and therefore has limitations.
I personally like BBS the best game in the series so far, although I have to admit that the story seemed somewhat rushed at certain points and some of the voice-acting didn't properly fit some situations.
However, maybe I'm just not used to the english voices and pampered by the good german synchro we had for KH I and II. :lol:

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I don't know of any other way to say it, but what were your thoughts on Bbs? Was the storyline horrible? Did the long loading times get to you? Or were you not impressed by the new battle system?
I personally think it's the second best in the series, right behind KH1. Also, I just joined! I've been stalking these forums for a few years, and I finally decided to join. Why I didn't join sooner? I will never know.

I'm sorry you joined. You can never leave now. Seriously, just read the quote in my sig. So welcome, always and forever.

But the gameplay was grade A, loved the story (dialogue made me wince sometimes though), hated the short world visits, even though I understand they were just a third of a visit each time. But all in all, it comes just behind KH1 for best in the series. It's given me hopes that Nomura and the crew are beginning to learn, which can only mean 3D and KHIII will both be increasingly better.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
let me find some posts of mine real quick

i can't give too much of a review yet since i'm still on terra's story.

then again, the fact that i'm still on terra's story kind of shows you how i feel about this game so far.

the good:
+great customization
+command board -- probably the only reason why i've booted up bbs the past couple times
+music
+decent story so far, kinda.
+cool voice acting

the bad:
-you need that customization probably never, even on critical mode
-easy, even on critical mode. still suffers from the kh2 problem of "just mash x." i think i've only had to switch things up and actually block against braig
-the game is bland -- very bland. why are there only like 3 people on every world?
-load times are murder, even w/ the data install, especially because the environments that the game's taking forever to process aren't very pretty or detailed at all
-you have to wait for the game to pause
-even if the plot is decent so far, it's executed horribly with gross storytelling and dialogue
-final fantasy and disney cameos getting shafted for more shitty melodrama
-very choppy game overall, i feel like i'm playing an incomplete game sometimes

i'll give a more in-depth review when/if i ever find time/effort to beat it, but the fact that whenever i'm playing birth by sleep i'd rather be playing something else isn't a very good sign.

games we've had since kh2 came out:
days
coded and whatever other unnecessary bullshit

yeahhhhh

i actually think kh2 is slightly more enjoyable [gameplay-wise] because it isn't hindered by the psp's limitations. even the story in kh2, while stupid, was far more entertaining in my opinion. bbs' plot rushes itself so quickly that i'm just left saying to myself, "wow terra ventus and aqua and master xehanort and vanitas and that weird eric fcuker sure are booooring and whoa vanitas looks like sora TWIST not really." i'm not over-exaggerating when i say that the only charm and decent characters came from disney, and even disney is getting shafted to hell in the latest installments, which i find to be quite a shame.

for a series that intended to be so extraordinary, it sure has been heavily relying on some generic ass plot techniques ever since kh2, and it's arguably even worse with this installment. it might just be because i'm getting older and have played more rpgs than i can bother to count at this point, but kingdom hearts tries so hard to be different that it has ended up as cliche and disgustingly stale as any other shovelware rpg out there.

anyway i'm almost done with aqua's story and my opinions still haven't really changed from my post on page one. it might just be because i'm older now and couldn't give a flying balls about the series and its stupid neverending plot anymore, but this is probably the least fun i've had with a kh game, aside from days.

i'm not one of these people that likes to put kh1 on a pedestal, but it handled these techniques and overall lore of the kh universe quite creatively as compared to future installments. it took a simple, generic story of a boy chosen to save the world from evil, and it threw in a few outlandish ideas like disney and final fantasy and keys and hearts and light and darkness and you know what? it worked. but now, i'm afraid, kingdom hearts has become nothing more than a convoluted mess of god knows what. clones? clones of clones? not to mention a clone of the clone of the fucking clone of the ACTUAL person? coming back from the dead? false memories? faking emotions? sensory overload, man. it's almost so ridiculous that i barely give a damn now.

don't get me wrong, i love complicated stories. when executed correctly, they work rather well, but i can hardly say that kingdom hearts does a good job of maintaining a complicated plot. for example, i've read your theories around the kh sections, grass, and while they are immensely interesting reads, the absurd lengths you (not you personally, but the fandom in general) have to go to in order to actually create a theory that makes sense is astounding.

just imagine if hideo kojima and george lucas had sex and the latter gave birth to a mentally defective crack-child that decided to write a star wars/metal gear solid crossover fanfiction. the result? the kingdom hearts series, especially as of late.

disclaimer: i don't really dislike the series. i actually still really enjoy it, but only in the same way you enjoy watching a spider try to escape a toilet. it's pathetic, watching it try and try again while you stand there knowing that the spider has no chance of making it out alive because you're just going to flush the toilet anyway, but deep down, you're kind of rooting for the little guy.

nosecap

^I also found it quite irritating that the game was limited to have so little amount of people around. The surroundings were beautiful, but the worlds seemed so... empty and numb. It was like walking in a town where there lived only like five or six people.

Moar people, plz.

DizInMyPants

I'm sorry you joined. You can never leave now. Seriously, just read the quote in my sig. So welcome, always and forever.

But the gameplay was grade A, loved the story (dialogue made me wince sometimes though), hated the short world visits, even though I understand they were just a third of a visit each time. But all in all, it comes just behind KH1 for best in the series. It's given me hopes that Nomura and the crew are beginning to learn, which can only mean 3D and KHIII will both be increasingly better.
Lol, I actually referred to your signature. I actually have been coming to these forums for a while, as in a few years, but never joined...I've already stated that fact too many times lol, people are probably tired of hearing it.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

Welcome to the forums, and I liked the game a lot, but once again, repetitiveness is what slowed the experience down for me. I beat KH2 in four days (anyone could do that), but I liked the game a lot, and Birth by Sleep took me I think three weeks to beat it. When I got to Aqua's I was so not into the game as much as I was with Terra and Ven, and I didn't even grind for Final Episode.

State

Awards
The Good:
.....The gameplay was AB-SO-LUTE-LY amaaazing!! xP

The Bad:
.....Some of the backgrounds from some of the worlds looked like paper-cut drawings horribly pasted into another paper.

The Ugly:
.....For the beginning of the game, the voice-acting was "Err..." and bland.

Overall, it's a pretty nice game that got good as you kept playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back