• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

sengoku basara 3: like dynasty warriors if it were actually fun and good

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Frriend picked it up and we've been playing two-player story mode and holy shit it's fun when you crank up the difficulty. I know it looks like dynasty warriors but there is much more going on behind the seemingly mindless gameplay. Sure you can run up and mash the standard attack button on the peons but you will get your ass whooped when you face a general. If you can't parry you'll get guard crushed to oblivion.

Part of the fun of the game is figuring out how all of the moves at your disposal can be strung together, and doing so is pivotal to getting a good rating and all of bonuses that come along with it. Some of the best techniques in the game actually require skill to us. One of the characters for example can choose to forsake his defense for sheer offensive power, but you risk getting gunned down by ranged attacks and some enemy attacks cannot be interrupted with attacks of your own. This same character has another technique that's a one-hit kill, but you have to charge it *just* right and you're vulnerable the entire time.

The story mode also has tons of different paths for each character, which can determine just who is an ally and who your foe. Not to mention there are special optional objectives for each battle. Going through different paths is the only way to unlock some characters.

I recommend it.

Sadie808

Couldn't agree with you more!

I just need to unlock
Mori
Otani
Tadakatsu HonGundam

I got Oda nobunaga and he`s freakin a beast! but i still favor Ieyasu for my best guy or either Date

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Masamune is just plain dirty with the one-hit kill. It works on everything, but the only time I've been able to pull it off is after a parry. Six claws is no joke either, and they gave him stinger.

Fuuma is pretty great too. Once you're in the air with him you never have to touch the ground again, and he has attacks that pulls chumps right off the ground again. He doesn't do a whole lot of damage but you can remedy that with accessories. I haven't gotten any of his super arts yet.

Thought about playing the Saica chick with the guns or the old guy with the axe. How's the masked dude that floats around with mitsunari?

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Yeah a friend of mine got it the day it came out and we have played together quite a bit. Very fun game. To unlock and level up everyone completely, it takes a long time. Great game for a great price.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Played the demo and enjoyed it (in particular, Ieyasu vs. Sarutobi was just too much fun). I'll likely get it later this week.

Sadie808

Masamune is just plain dirty with the one-hit kill. It works on everything, but the only time I've been able to pull it off is after a parry. Six claws is no joke either, and they gave him stinger.

Fuuma is pretty great too. Once you're in the air with him you never have to touch the ground again, and he has attacks that pulls chumps right off the ground again. He doesn't do a whole lot of damage but you can remedy that with accessories. I haven't gotten any of his super arts yet.

Thought about playing the Saica chick with the guns or the old guy with the axe. How's the masked dude that floats around with mitsunari?

Yeah i agree Date`s no joke when he has the six blades out and that`s my super arts for him plus to top it out he`s voiced by Reuben Langdon! every time i play as date it`s as if i`m playing as dante from DMC XD!

Fuma is he pretty mean i like how he can fly and do all this teleporting with his attacks! but what about Yukimura his combo`s are are just plain beast lmfao!

I beat the game with her and she`s pretty cool to use but i dont understand why she has all these kind guns in that era! Old guy with axe do you motochika or Shimazu?

Yoshitsugu is pretty good to use but he moves pretty slow but not as slow as Kanbei XD

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Yeah i agree Date`s no joke when he has the six blades out and that`s my super arts for him plus to top it out he`s voiced by Reuben Langdon! every time i play as date it`s as if i`m playing as dante from DMC XD!

masamune dante

but what about Yukimura his combo`s are are just plain beast lmfao!

yukimura's really only good for crowd control since everything he does covers all around him. other than that he's not that good unless he has some really damaging super art

I beat the game with her and she`s pretty cool to use but i dont understand why she has all these kind guns in that era!

just started using her last night and holy shit she is completely dirtball. basically she has attacks that switch guns and straight gunshots with some cheesy grenade setups. beastly crowd control for being that powerful and safe. her charged pistol shots are just plain mean (can stop honda dead in his tracks) and the shotgun is probably the best crowd control in the game. she takes some getting used to as how she combos is not entirely obvious, but once you start to figure out her game you can cheat the hell out of everything...bad

Old guy with axe do you motochika or Shimazu?

The beefy-ass old dude with the beard that hides in the hot springs.

Yoshitsugu is pretty good to use but he moves pretty slow but not as slow as Kanbei XD

haven't really seen yoshitsugu in action yet, but kanbei hurts like a motherfucker. took half of my fuuma's life at about level 30 in one hit

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
two awesome voice actor tipperoos
masamune date is voiced by zoro's wapanese(aww yeah)
and reubon langdon for english. loveable.

I've only played a few sengoku basara games recently via demo downloads, but they're pretty awesome to say the least.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
okay so my friend an i have gone through pretty much all of the characters now i think. keiji's one of the most fun to play i found out. yoshitsugu is weird as fuck. oichi is basically gg#r eddie and is utter cheatery. nobunaga is extra cheesy and stupid why would you want to auto-win everything. that old dude i was referring to earlier actually uses a sword but one of his later weapons is an axe, and he does absolutely insane damage and has the tiniest (read: fastest charging) basara meter in the game.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com

[video=youtube;C4NfhXoqTG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4NfhXoqTG0[/video]

I loved the series, and this review has convinced me to go buy the game. I was worried it was going to be like Dynasty Warriors 6 (oh the horror), but now I see that my fears were irrational.

Thanks for the post my friend, I'm ready to put my guns on.

Xenin

Banned
Okay I have a question for this...Now when I was younger I bought a game called Demon King or some crap. And I swear it was this game..now I can't find the game anywhere lol..... It was Demon something or other. Now I remember it well becuase of the big robot lance of guy and his end movie is him sitting under a tree and rusting...does anyone know what I'm talking bout?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Okay I have a question for this...Now when I was younger I bought a game called Demon King or some crap. And I swear it was this game..now I can't find the game anywhere lol..... It was Demon something or other. Now I remember it well becuase of the big robot lance of guy and his end movie is him sitting under a tree and rusting...does anyone know what I'm talking bout?

that'd be devil kings. capcom removed all direct references to the historical era on which the series was (loosely) based for the us release of the first game. capcom evidently felt confident enough in the title to leave the japanese history and names in it for the stateside release of the third game, so we just got sengoku basara: samurai heroes here

Sadie808

I wish we could use Kasuga
a-kasuga.jpg

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Picked this game up the other day, I fucking love it.

Haven't been able to play anyone other than Masamune and Yukimura yet(I haven't quite finished with Masa yet, I just wanted to get the fugitive-finding ally), but I definitely am having more fun than I ever did with Dynasty Wariors.

Gat dammit I just love this game so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back