• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Based on the BBS secret movie....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
he said it was his second time, when was his first?
Either he came there of his own free will earlier, or he has wandered around the realm of darkness for so long that he's gone in circles and returned to this place.
When he was banished by his apprentices.
Ansem was banished to the remain of nothingness, not the realm of darkness. Hence the meaning of DiZ. Darkness in Zero. He was in the realm of nothingness. He began using the power of darkness and thus became the Darkness in nothing, or zero.
Secret Ansem Report 3

Chaos affects not only this world, but many other worlds besides.
In the "Ansem Reports" my apprentice Xehanort had written under my name, I found the records of his hideous experiments along with his hypothesis about the door that had appeared out of the darkness in my basement.
All living things have hearts, and all hearts hold darkness deep within.
Worlds are no exception. If a world is a being, the heart it holds must be colossal...
...and the darkness at its core must be monstrous indeed.
Did Xehanort pass through that door in an attempt to contact that dark realm?
No, not only Xehanort.
It appears my other five apprentices, believing it was for the sake of research, stared deep into the darkness and were pulled into it.
Even, Ienzo, Braig, Dilan, and Aeleus...
They have ceased to be human.
I, too, have had everything taken away from me, banished to a hollow realm of nothingness.
What is Xehanort hoping to gain with my pilfered existence?
Will my people cease to smile?
If the light of hope has been extinguished, I shall henceforth walk with darkness as a friend.
Here, in the realm of nothingness to which I have been relegated.
Darkness in the midst of nothing.
"Darkness in Zero."
Thus, I shall be known as DiZ.
Discarding the stolen name "Ansem"...
And going in search of revenge.

WaveK89

So that would be the realm we find Riku in the beginning of his story in Chain of Memories? Which makes sense that DiZ would have brought him there, lured him into leaving, and ending up in Castle Oblivion.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
So that would be the realm we find Riku in the beginning of his story in Chain of Memories?
Maybe...
I'm not 100% sure on this. Diz tells Riku when he first wakes up
You should remain asleep here between light and dark.

What he is describing sounds like the In between Realm.
Here how Nourma described the KH Universe.
II - Worlds appear in KH, could you please give an explanation of the means of coming and going between them?

Concerning the structure of worlds, first Sora and the Disney characters, and where ever we dwell, these so-called normal worlds are attached to the Realm of Light. If all of these exist at the same level and you imagine them all sitting on top of a plane, there is also a plane of existence on the other side where the Realm of Darkness exists.

At present, there are 4 worlds in-between these planes that have appeared: A) Castle Oblivion, B) Twilight Town, C) Yen Sid's Tower, and D) The World That Never Was. Constructed in this manner, Light < C < B > A > D > Darkness, you can imagine 2 planes with stairs ranging between the worlds.
And the realm of nothingness fits in here somewhere.
From what Diz is talking about it sounds as if from the closing of the door, Riku was drawn from the realm of Darkness by Sora's heart into the inbetween world.

Still until we get a proper explaination as to where the Realm of nothingness fits in the universe I can't say for sure weather he was there or the inbetween realm.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Ansem was banished to the remain of nothingness, not the realm of darkness. Hence the meaning of DiZ. Darkness in Zero. He was in the realm of nothingness. He began using the power of darkness and thus became the Darkness in nothing, or zero.
And aside from DiZ's word, there have been no references to a "realm of nothingness" in the entire series. Not even Nomura mentions it when he breaks down the realms in Another Report. Then, you have DiZ saying in Blank Points that he has been to the Realm of Darkness twice.

It seems obvious to me that DiZ was erroneous, and simply referred to the Dark Realm as a Realm of Nothingness. Otherwise, nothing would add up.

Awards
And aside from DiZ's word, there have been no references to a "realm of nothingness" in the entire series. Not even Nomura mentions it when he breaks down the realms in Another Report. Then, you have DiZ saying in Blank Points that he has been to the Realm of Darkness twice.

It seems obvious to me that DiZ was erroneous, and simply referred to the Dark Realm as a Realm of Nothingness. Otherwise, nothing would add up.

It's funny, because I was just thinking about this.
Honestly, I'm not too sure what to think.

The fact that the Secret Ansem Reports are the only place where the "realm of nothingness" is mentioned is pretty suspect.
And, as you said, there's no mention of it in Another Report.
On top of all that, based on what DiZ says in the secret ending, it sounds as though he was mistaken.

Seems a pretty open and shut case.
But I'm still bothered by the fact that he mentions the term "realm of nothingness" in reference to his banishment on four separate accounts, yet also uses the term "realm of darkness" when referring to Mickey and Riku. He makes no attempt to let the reader know that the two are the same.
Additionally, there's Riku's statement:

You're right. Light and darkness are eternal. Nothing probably goes on forever too.
Light is eternal and has its own realm. Darkness is eternal and has its own realm.
Nothingness is eternal, but has no realm?
Then whence cometh nothing?

I had always interpreted it as such:
The heart is the source of all power, of light and darkness. On a grand scale, then, we have Kingdom Hearts- source of the realm of light, the realm of dark, and everything in-between. But nothingness is not a construct of the heart. It exists between light and darkness. Not as a part of them (not, as you would say, twilight), but shunned by both. So since nothigness doesn't originate from Kingdom Hearts, but the RoL and RoD do, then there must be some other realm that is separate from Kingdom Hearts- the Realm of Nothingness.

It seems that there isn't a RoN, which is a shame.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I think DiZ called the Realm of Darkness the "Realm of Nothingness" because there is 'nothing' there. DiZ says he lost his memory and only kept his sanity by writing if I remember correctly and in Blank Points he says "Like the first he does remember who [he] is or whence [he] came." I think thats pretty much him concluding he's been to the Realm of Darkness when Xehanort banished him and the second when he got blown up CoD style.

It'd be cool of the Realm of Nothingness turns out to be a kickass realm, and that is where nobodies are supposed to exist, since they don't exist in the RoD or RoL or anywhere in between...RoN would have been pretty cool.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

You do realize that the Ansem Reports in KH2 did have translation errors. For example, he calls Braig "Bleig"
And of course the mis-translation of "Why did HE pick you" and the various times where people call Sora a keyblade "master" when Sora isn't a master at all.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
無の世界、the realm of nothing/naught/zero.

Actually, the report is written like this:
無の中の闇
″Darkness in Zero〟
Almost like it's meant to be a translation to English, so perhaps we're meant to read it as the realm of zero :p

And yeah, he was the darkness. Here's a direct from Japanese translation if you don't trust the localisation:

If the light of hope has disappeared, from now on, I will walk as the friend of darkness. Banished, to the realm of nothing.

Darkness in nothing/naught/zero.
'Darkness in Zero'.

Therefore, I will take the name DiZ. I will throw away the name that was stolen from me, "Ansem"..... for revenge.

I am sure I had a giant discussion about this with someone who was very sure that the realm of zero was that blue world with the nobody symbols; the corridors of darkness.

Awards
I am sure I had a giant discussion about this with someone who was very sure that the realm of zero was that blue world with the nobody symbols; the corridors of darkness.

That's what I thought too.
Basically, my idea of the KH universe:

UniverseofKH.jpg

The difference between using the Lanes Between and the Corridors of Darkness is that, with the Lanes Between, all they're literally doing is unlocking the paths between worlds so that they can travel through their barriers.
The Corridors of Darkness, on the other hand, extend through the Realm of Nothingness. So, with Lanes Between, you're still traveling from point A to point B. With Corridors of Darkness, you can essentially use the RoN to skip the traveling (or at least reduce it greatly), going instantly from Point A to Point B.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's what I thought too.
Basically, my idea of the KH universe:

UniverseofKH.jpg

The difference between using the Lanes Between and the Corridors of Darkness is that, with the Lanes Between, all they're literally doing is unlocking the paths between worlds so that they can travel through their barriers.
The Corridors of Darkness, on the other hand, extend through the Realm of Nothingness. So, with Lanes Between, you're still traveling from point A to point B. With Corridors of Darkness, you can essentially use the RoN to skip the traveling (or at least reduce it greatly), going instantly from Point A to Point B.

Your diagram needs more umbilical cords.

That's pretty much how I see it, except I see the corridors more like this *shamelessly mutilates your diagram*

1zg6a0x.jpg

But, the Corridors of Darkness are meant to be part of the Realm of In-between, aren't they? And so then you think the Realm of Nothing/Zero is the same thing?

Absolute

Wasn't the place where Riku and Sora fought Cruella de Ville Xemnas the Realm of Nothing? The game actually calls it that (if you hack it).

PowerOverNothing

Hanging with Xiggy and Roxy on the clock tower~
Website
terrafan4242.deviantart.com
Um... what? o_0

Lolz. You know, Cruella de Ville from the movie had a lust for getting those Dalmations puppies, remember? So she could make fur coats out of 'em. Well, their coats colorings are made outta black and white. Xemnas's last form was made of a black and white coat. Thus in a sense, he was pulling off a Cruella de Ville. :p

s1butz

Awards
Your diagram needs more umbilical cords.

That's pretty much how I see it, except I see the corridors more like this *shamelessly mutilates your diagram*

1zg6a0x.jpg

But, the Corridors of Darkness are meant to be part of the Realm of In-between, aren't they? And so then you think the Realm of Nothing/Zero is the same thing?

Not sure what the extra squiggles are for. xD
The only connection Corridors of Darkness have to the Realm Between is that they are naturally occurring there- sometimes they just pop up, without anyone creating them.
But they can still be created in the Realm of Light.

It's kind of hard to describe how I envisioned the Corridors.
Consider the Realm of Light/Between/Darkness as encompassing the whole universe. The Realm of Nothing is external to that. Corridors of Darkness essentially rip a whole to that outside. And space there operates differently. So in order to get to point A to point B, you don't really have to travel all the way, just use a Corridor and you'll go instantaneously.

Wasn't the place where Riku and Sora fought Cruella de Ville Xemnas the Realm of Nothing? The game actually calls it that (if you hack it).

I think he means Cruella because of the black and white.
Anyway, you're pretty much right.

"The World of Nothing" is really the same as calling it "The Realm of Nothing."
Both the Realm of Light and Realm of Darkness, as I point out in my diagram, have themselves been referred to as the "World of Light/Darkness."

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not sure what the extra squiggles are for. xD

Cause they are loopholes!

The only connection Corridors of Darkness have to the Realm Between is that they are naturally occurring there- sometimes they just pop up, without anyone creating them.

I see. I misinterpreted a novel quote that made me think they were the same thing...

Consider the Realm of Light/Between/Darkness as encompassing the whole universe. The Realm of Nothing is external to that. Corridors of Darkness essentially rip a whole to that outside. And space there operates differently. So in order to get to point A to point B, you don't really have to travel all the way, just use a Corridor and you'll go instantaneously.

Now that I have read your other theory...

So if that's what the RoZ is, then... walking in the corridors is the same as walking in the realm of the dead?? Idk, man. Then how could Axel have died in there...

"The World of Nothing" is really the same as calling it "The Realm of Nothing."
Both the Realm of Light and Realm of Darkness, as I point out in my diagram, have themselves been referred to as the "World of Light/Darkness."

That is because, annoyingly, they use the same word for both in Japanese: 世界
I guess the localisation people thought having disney 'worlds' being inside the 'world' of light was too complicated, and invented the separate term 'realm'. In BBS in one ofthe Xehanort reports, they capitalise it as World when they mean what used to be translated as 'realm'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back