• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

QQ on PS3/TV compatability

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I know that you can play BBS online through the PS3 via Ad-Hoc and stuff, but is there a way to play the game through my television or Playstation, just using the television as a monitor? I thought that I saw somewhere that I need a special AV cable or something, since I'm pretty sure Remote Play doesn't let me do what I want here.

Dark Wing

Awards
you need either of these to play on your tv
o_ZWtm7ec4XFBz6yW.jpg

psp_component_av_cable.JPG

Izayoi

galactic cancer
How can I be sure which I need? And how does the game get to the television, by hooking everything up, and then just switching the channel or setting of the television to whatever setting corresponds with where the cable is plugged in?

Dark Wing

Awards
for olders tv that don't have component inputs you'll need the 3 wire a/v cable. for HDTVs i highly recommend the component (5 wires) over the composite (3 wires) as it gives much superior picture quality. then just turn to which ever aux channel that corresponds with the input on the tv then in the psp menu, under settings, scroll down to "connected display settings" and select the very first option to switch the display so it pops up on your tv :) hope that all makes sense.

YoshiAngemon

I got the component cables! I had them since BEFORE I got the PSP-3000 series MGS: Peace Walker Big Boss Edition System!

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The Composite AV Cables (3 Cords) do not let you play your games on your tv. They will only let you view Videos/Pictures and play Music.
Component AV Cables (5 Cords) will do everything, including play games, on your tv.

PSP only does 480p, and TVs from what I've seen aren't labeled "HDTV" unless they do 720p. So, if you don't have an HDTV, still check for the Component Inputs on your TV because that's all you need.

Dark Wing

Awards
The Composite AV Cables (3 Cords) do not let you play your games on your tv. They will only let you view Videos/Pictures and play Music.

YouTube - PSP 3000 Composite RCA tv output (gameplay)

you were saying?...

problem is you need to have the output set to interlace cuz most standard def tv's cant do progressive scan. and if it can you might as well go with component cables anyway

Last edited:

Dark Wing

Awards
Is there any downside to having a version of the PSP prior to the 3000?

the 2000 and 3000 are pretty much the same cept for a few differences, and, i'm not 100% sure since i've never owned a 1000, but i don't think it has the capability to play games on a tv so if you own a 1000 you may be outta luck

Only certain Standard Def TV's will play it.

my point merely being that its not impossible with the composite cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back