• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Re: Coded important to the storyline?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
From what I gather, is it correct to say the main part of Coded that matters is the ending, or near ending? I haven't played Coded, I skimmed a few chapter summaries. The game looked too boring, uninteresting, and irrelevant to get into or even care if I got spoiled.

But basically, is the overall gameplay of Coded important, or is most of it more BS-KH1-repeats with small hints of info during the story, while the big important bits are at the end?

the game basically brings light to BBS and days in the current timeline, but it doesn't do it until the very end, so that's why i dont tihnk it was very game worthy. if they didn't make it a mystery, they could've implemented this onto the next kh game that is direct sequel to it.

but even so, the game looks fun and it's worth at least to be tried out once

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
the game basically brings light to BBS and days in the current timeline, but it doesn't do it until the very end, so that's why i dont tihnk it was very game worthy. if they didn't make it a mystery, they could've implemented this onto the next kh game that is direct sequel to it.

but even so, the game looks fun and it's worth at least to be tried out once

You're basically just bashing the whole game.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
You're basically just bashing the whole game.

Not necessarily. Just because a game could be 99% worthless to the series plotwise doesn't mean the gameplay can't be fun, and perhaps even the useless cutscenes in it. For example, I'm a fan of Hades despite how little he contributes to the series.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Not necessarily. Just because a game could be 99% worthless to the series plotwise doesn't mean the gameplay can't be fun, and perhaps even the useless cutscenes in it. For example, I'm a fan of Hades despite how little he contributes to the series.

Problem is that the game is 100% crucial to the series plotwise. >.>

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Problem is that the game is 100% crucial to the series plotwise. >.>

Yeah, you're going to have to go ahead and explain how each and every percent of the game is crucial to the series plotwise opposed to a couple of useful bits. And I mean crucial. Not even BBS was that important.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Yeah, you're going to have to go ahead and explain how each and every percent of the game is crucial to the series plotwise opposed to a couple of useful bits. And I mean crucial.. Not even BBS was that important.
Everything led to the final moment, and the final moment is crucial for the story. So, yeah, 100%.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Everything led to the final moment, and the final moment is crucial for the story. So, yeah, 100%.

I guess I'll be blunt too. I strongly disagree with that. Coded being more important plotwise than BBS, 358/2Days, and CoM?. I'm not buying it. The only bit that was important is the end and what occurs with Namine. Just about everything else was irrelevant, and could have been explained in a much shorter, simpler alternative.

Last edited:

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Coded being more important plotwise than BBS, 358/2Days, and CoM?.
I never said that. I just said Coded was 100% crucial to the story. Which it is.

The only bit that was important is the end and what occurs with Namine.
And everything before that is what led to that moment. Without it, the final moment couldn't have occurred.

S

Shadows

I think re Coded is a nice installment for the KH franchise it opens up the kh world but no its not important for the storyline sure it does explain some stuff but some stuff isn't much.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I never said that. I just said Coded was 100% crucial to the story. Which it is.

And everything before that is what led to that moment. Without it, the final moment couldn't have occurred.

Hey thanks for leaving out the important part of my post.

Sacred X said:
Just about everything else was irrelevant, and could have been explained in a much shorter, simpler alternative.

Not saying Coded is going to be a bad game. I'm 50/50 on that. The gameplay may be fun, and what it does give us may be fun for the moment.

Just saiyan.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I think re Coded is a nice installment for the KH franchise it opens up the kh world but no its not important for the storyline sure it does explain some stuff but some stuff isn't much.
Yes, it is important for the storyline.

Hey thanks for leaving out the important part of my post.
I left it out because I didn't agree.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
As everyone else said Coded just give that one tid bit of info that could be guessed if you played BBS or even look at the ending.
All Coded really does is explain that letter then after that the BBS cutscene shows after he gets the later.
The BBS Special ending basically sums up re:codeds ideal and gives more info. And I owuld have to agree BBS wasnt all that informative. All coded does is show what the letter said which can be inferred from interviews or even playing BBS.
I believe CoM was the ONLY spin off to give alot of info and event hen youc ould of skipped it. KH isnt one of those ZOMG YOUG OTTA PLAY THEM ALL EVEN THE SIDEGAMES type game. Usually the endings are retellings with additional content.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
As everyone else said Coded just give that one tid bit of info that could be guessed if you played BBS or even look at the ending.
All Coded really does is explain that letter then after that the BBS cutscene shows after he gets the later.
The BBS Special ending basically sums up re:codeds ideal and gives more info. And I owuld have to agree BBS wasnt all that informative. All coded does is show what the letter said which can be inferred from interviews or even playing BBS.
I believe CoM was the ONLY spin off to give alot of info and event hen youc ould of skipped it. KH isnt one of those ZOMG YOUG OTTA PLAY THEM ALL EVEN THE SIDEGAMES type game. Usually the endings are retellings with additional content.
It's so sad people can't think in terms of actual story. Coded does more than reveal the contents of the letter, it's what connects BBS to the present for the -characters-. Without that, no one in the present would give a shit about TAV. If you think it's not enough to warrant a purchase or that you could skip it and not be missing much, then fine, feel free to believe that. But you can't -actually- argue that it isn't important to the storyline because it is what is going to set the entirety of the next few games into motion. -That- is important.

Captain Garlock

It's so sad people can't think in terms of actual story.

No we are thinking of it its you who thinks this game is SO important.

Coded does more than reveal the contents of the letter, it's what connects BBS to the present for the -characters-.

So the BBS ending does not do that? So your saying the fact that we know codeds tagline
"Free them from there torment" and we clearly see people saying Sora is there new hope and saying his name DOES NOT connection Sora to these events?
Your syaing ONLY coded does this?

If you think it's not enough to warrant a purchase or that you could skip it and not be missing much, then fine, feel free to believe that.

I dont understand why you keep starting this arguement in every coded thread when someone says its not important.

But you can't -actually- argue that it isn't important to the storyline because it is what is going to set the entirety of the next few games into motion.

All it does is reveal to Sora what the deal is which BBS expands upon. Yes its important if you give a shit about fake Sora and what happens in a bottle. Honestly all thats important in this game is THE LETTER. And event hat doesnt hold up or warrant a game like days. To me it seems the DS gets the shitty side stories and DS owners run out and thinkt hey have the best game ever only to be shocked. As far as setting up for new games what? Im sorry but it does not BBS does that.

-That- is important.

Yeah and this whole game couldnt have been told in multiple cutscenes like Days? You must think you have a gem here.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
No we are thinking of it its you who thinks this game is SO important.
No, you definitely aren't, otherwise you would realize why it -is- important.

So the BBS ending does not do that?
No, it absolutely does not. How did the BBS ending let the characters know about TAV? Answer: it didn't. The events of coded is what let characters like Sora and Co. learn about TAV.

I dont understand why you keep starting this arguement in every coded thread when someone says its not important.
For the same reason people say in every coded thread that it isn't? Two sides to every argument, I'm just taking the far less pessimistic side.

As far as setting up for new games what? Im sorry but it does not BBS does that.
Coded most certainly does, as it is what makes it RELEVANT TO THE PRESENT STORY AND THE STORY GOING FORWARD.
Without the events of Coded, Sora and Co would have just stayed on that rock completely unaware of everything.

Yeah and this whole game couldnt have been told in multiple cutscenes like Days?
Every game in this series could be reduced to multiple cutscenes. So, that's a shitty argument.

Captain Garlock

No, you definitely aren't, otherwise you would realize why it -is- important.

Again what does it deliver towards future plotlines that BBS didnt.
I dont think people care about the letter as the letter is obvious at the end of BBS. BBS was the main attraction Nomura did this on purpose.

No, it absolutely does not. How did the BBS ending let the characters know about TAV? Answer: it didn't. The events of coded is what let characters like Sora and Co. learn about TAV.

Were not speaking about Sora atm we are talking about the hamer player.
Obviously coded was not needed as again you could assume fromt hat ending that Sora knew people were calling out to him. That you can infer. Going by codeds tagline "Free them from there torment" you can ASSUME that that adventure is directly related tot he events of the BBS special ending.
That said Coded is NOT really a game you need to play to understand the plotline. Also if you say BUT HOW IWLL THE READER KNOW HOW SORA FOUND OUT ABOUT TAV Guess what? It would like any other KH games where characters spawn random knowledge of things.

For the same reason people say in every coded thread that it isn't? Two sides to every argument, I'm just taking the far less pessimistic side.

Were not taking the depressing route were simply tryna say that in the end could we do without this game? The answer is yes because the events of coded can be inferred through BBS.

Coded most certainly does, as it is what makes it RELEVANT TO THE PRESENT STORY AND THE STORY GOING FORWARD.
Without the events of Coded, Sora and Co would have just stayed on that rock completely unaware of everything.

So basically your saying YOU could not infer from the BBS special ending what coded was about? Im starting to this this is about your inference skills..

Every game in this series could be reduced to multiple cutscenes. So, that's a shitty argument.

Yeah that shows how smart you are right there. KH and KH2 are not cutscene worthy games. All side games maybe other than CoM could be reduced tot here most VALUABLE assets and fit in to cutscenes maybe BBS couldnt Idk depends.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Again what does it deliver towards future plotlines that BBS didnt.
I dont think people care about the letter as the letter is obvious at the end of BBS. BBS was the main attraction Nomura did this on purpose.
Without the events of Coded, there wouldn't even BE a letter. How hard is that to comprehend?

Were not speaking about Sora atm we are talking about the hamer player.
I was never talking about the player.

Obviously coded was not needed as again you could assume fromt hat ending that Sora knew people were calling out to him. That you can infer. Going by codeds tagline "Free them from there torment" you can ASSUME that that adventure is directly related tot he events of the BBS special ending.
You clearly don't even understand what i've been arguing this entire time.

That said Coded is NOT really a game you need to play to understand the plotline.
I never said it was, I just said that it was important to the storyline. which it is

Also if you say BUT HOW IWLL THE READER KNOW HOW SORA FOUND OUT ABOUT TAV Guess what? It would like any other KH games where characters spawn random knowledge of things.
I would never say that, as I was never talking about the player.

So basically your saying YOU could not infer from the BBS special ending what coded was about? Im starting to this this is about your inference skills..
And you clearly lack comprehension skills, but I guess we can't all be winners.

Yeah that shows how smart you are right there. KH and KH2 are not cutscene worthy games. All side games maybe other than CoM could be reduced tot here most VALUABLE assets and fit in to cutscenes maybe BBS couldnt Idk depends.
It doesn't matter if they are "worthy" or not, the point is that EVERY game could be reduced to multiple cutscenes. There are no exceptions to this.

Allister Rose

French Lover
re:coded and days are the only two games i think can be cutscenes, but since it was a game i was hoping it wasn't something that ifnluenced other games.

re:coded that a mystery from the beginning, and it was all just to unlock it, at the very end it was merely to say the same thing BBS said in the secret ending. the only thing making re:coded a game is melificent, pete and the mystery. if kh3d does end up being a direct sequel to re:coded than re:coded could've been left as the prologue or opening. that's all i'm saying. the story defintely seeemed utchered up to be more story-like than ceratin-event-in-time-like

Captain Garlock

Without the events of Coded, there wouldn't even BE a letter. How hard is that to comprehend?

True but you neglect the fact that lets say the game is important. All the game establishes is
-The letter
-Contents of said letter
CUT SCENE MATERIAL!

was never talking about the player.

Most of us were...thats why were syaing its not important as it can be skipped since it tells us very little.

And you clearly lack comprehension skills, but I guess we can't all be winners.

Eceryone has based there opinions on the players ability to be WITHOUT the game.

It doesn't matter if they are "worthy" or not, the point is that EVERY game could be reduced to multiple cutscenes. There are no exceptions to this.

Yes there is its called KH1 and KH2

OH ALLISTER MY QUEEN IN SHINING ARMOR! saves me yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back