• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

X-blade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't see why forging the X-blade would be an issue as long as you knew how to extract the darkness from someones heart. Because all-in-all it wouldn't have really mattered whether Ven lived or not (Vanitas was alive and kicking even while Ventus HoPL was in his comatose), seeing as Master Xehanort had Aqua as his "spare." So as long as you had a spare and a Heart of Pure Darkness, wouldn't it be quite possible to create the X-Keyblade?

that depends if vanitas dies with ven, even seperate there connected the reports even say vanitas feels some of waht ven does.
and if he did survive they could have easily used a PoH.

kiante

Except Aqua did NOT have a heart of Pure light (as far as we know). The two hearts also have to be of roughly equal strength. I suppose that hearkens back to Eraqus's quote from the Mark of Mastery Exam, "for when two equal powers clash, their true natures are revealed".

Anyway, I doubt many, if anyone, other than MX knows how to extract just the darkness from someone's heart. Because, obviously, that would make it much more likely that someone succeeded in the original Keyblade War, and it doesn't seem anyone did.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Except Aqua did NOT have a heart of Pure light (as far as we know). The two hearts also have to be of roughly equal strength. I suppose that hearkens back to Eraqus's quote from the Mark of Mastery Exam, "for when two equal powers clash, their true natures are revealed".

Anyway, I doubt many, if anyone, other than MX knows how to extract just the darkness from someone's heart. Because, obviously, that would make it much more likely that someone succeeded in the original Keyblade War, and it doesn't seem anyone did.

I know she doesn't have a heart of pure light -- but that goes without saying that Master Xehanort still labeled Aqua as his "spare" in case Ventus was to fail in the fusion.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
It IS coincidence (or fate). Ven has a heart of pure light at that point, but the heart is broken and Ven can't handle it. He's dying. However, this super goody heart is born like right then and sees Ven's light. Being the kind soul that he is, Sora goes over to it, and talks with Ven a bit, and then connects with his heart, giving Ven some of his heart strength or something.

Anyway, it's extremely lucky, but the story kind of hinges on it too.

What do you mean when you say Sora's heart is "born" right then?

kiante

I know she doesn't have a heart of pure light -- but that goes without saying that Master Xehanort still labeled Aqua as his "spare" in case Ventus was to fail in the fusion.

Actually, wasn't it only Vanitas who said that?

What do you mean when you say Sora's heart is "born" right then?

That's when Sora was born, about 4 years before the story of BBS "begins". We don't really know whether he was in the midst of being born, not born yet, or completely born, but we know it's about that time. Remember, he says he's a "brand new heart". And, based on the timing, he had to be born around that time anyway.

Marly

Awards
Actually, wasn't it only Vanitas who said that?

Sure he was the only one who said it to her, but I'm sure the idea came from Master Xehanort. Even if I'm wrong about that, there's still the possibility of spares being used as opposed to hearts of pure light.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
That's when Sora was born, about 4 years before the story of BBS "begins". We don't really know whether he was in the midst of being born, not born yet, or completely born, but we know it's about that time. Remember, he says he's a "brand new heart". And, based on the timing, he had to be born around that time anyway.

That was four years before BBS? Damn, Ven don't age too fast....but wow. So here's a theory....do hearts have slight minds of their own? Because Sora "talked" to Ven then and obviously doesn't remember (he was a newborn after all). And he doesn't even remember taking Ven's heart into his own.

And I'm gonna go with the "he was just recently born" option. If he was still in the womb when that happened, I'd slap Nomura myself for putting such an obvious pro-life reference in Kingdom Hearts by implying that unborn children have hearts. KH isn't the place for these civil arguments, damn it. XD
(Just to clarify, I'm not insinuating that abortion should be ok, it's just a joke.)

Last edited:

Marly

Awards
That was four years before BBS? Damn, Ven don't age too fast....but wow. So here's a theory....do hearts have slight minds of their own? Because Sora "talked" to Ven then and obviously doesn't remember (he was a newborn after all). And he doesn't even remember taking Ven's heart into his own.

And I'm gonna go with the "he was just recently born" option. If he was still in the womb when that happened, I'd slap Nomura myself for putting such an obvious pro-life reference in Kingdom Hearts by implying that unborn children have hearts. KH isn't the place for these civil arguments, damn it. XD
(Just to clarify, I'm not insinuating that abortion should be ok, it's just a joke.)

Back to you Nomura:

—By the time of KHI, have Sora, Riku and Kairi forgotten about Terra and Aqua?
NOMURA: That’s right. In “KHI” Kairi herself says that she’s lost all her previous memories, that she “doesn’t remember anything before coming to the Destiny Islands”, and it would be pretty easy for Sora to forget. After all, I think for a child of 4 or 5 years old to remember a person they met only once and exchanged just a few words with would be quite unnatural. Only Riku, who was told by Terra “Don’t tell anything of today to anyone,” may simply be keeping quiet.

DynaxXIIIII

Back to you Nomura: By the time of KHI said:
NOMURA: That’s right. In “KHI” Kairi herself says that she’s lost all her previous memories, that she “doesn’t remember anything before coming to the Destiny Islands”, and it would be pretty easy for Sora to forget. After all, I think for a child of 4 or 5 years old to remember a person they met only once and exchanged just a few words with would be quite unnatural. Only Riku, who was told by Terra “Don’t tell anything of today to anyone,” may simply be keeping quiet.

I think Sora's experience with Ven would be incredibly memorable, unless he dismissed the whole thing as a dream.

Last edited:

Marly

Awards
The fact that Sora has seen Roxas and didn't show any sign of recognition to the fact that he looks like Ven, seems to heavily imply that he has indeed forgotten. Whether or not that seems like something "memorable."

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
The fact that Sora has seen Roxas and didn't show any sign of recognition to the fact that he looks like Ven, seems to heavily imply that he has indeed forgotten. Whether or not that seems like something "memorable."

Forgive me, but I don't recall Sora ever physically seeing Ven.

Marly

Awards
Forgive me, but I don't recall Sora ever physically seeing Ven.

No, no, forgive me, you're quite right. Though, a point could still be made using the fact that Sora has spoken to both of them. Though I guess that that wouldn't be quite as memorable as seeing someone.

I'm just personally more inclined to believe that Sora has forgotten about it than anything.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
No, no, forgive me, you're quite right. Though, a point could still be made using the fact that Sora has spoken to both of them. Though I guess that that wouldn't be quite as memorable as seeing someone.

I'm just personally more inclined to believe that Sora has forgotten about it than anything.

Ah, but he only spoke to him in his heart. And he was just a child. He truly did not understand what he did. So if he forgets this minor detail, is that not normal? We all cannot remember every moment of our childhood.

Marly

Awards
Ah, but he only spoke to him in his heart. And he was just a child. He truly did not understand what he did. So if he forgets this minor detail, is that not normal? We all cannot remember every moment of our childhood.

Oh no, it seems we're actually on the same page here. I was trying to say that it would be normal for Sora to have forgotten as well. The only problem is I was trying to back that up with a flaw that you pointed out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back