• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The future of the Keyblade War

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Does anyone remember this bit of interview, from way way way back, not too long after the release of KH2?

XI. Concerning the keyword Keyblade War, could you be a little more specific about that? Could it be related to the "Fairytale of Children and Light" that Kairi's Grandmother told?(footnote: In Kingdom Heats, Sora experienced Kairi's memories. It was the scene when Kairi's Grandmother told her an old story when she was still young. It was about when worlds were swallowed by darkness, children used the power of fragments of light to rebuild worlds.)

To tell the story about the Keyblade War we need the capacity of hi-spec hardware and we need to accumulate all of our knowledge on this hardware. And in telling this story, we will need to tell it in seperate episodes, and how specifically to tell it has yet to be figured out.

Now, we'd all assumed that Birth by Sleep was going to tell the story about the Keyblade War, and it kind of did. Nomura's mention of hi-spec hardware was a bit strange, considering BbS is on the PSP, but we all assumed that maybe he changed his mind about that or something, and we'd all assumed that by separate episodes he was referring to BbS's multiple player characters.

But, there's one thing that Birth by Sleep brought up that could explain the seeming contradiction - if the door to Kingdom Hearts is opened, the Keyblade War could be rekindled.

So, what if the destruction of the χ-blade isn't the end of the Keyblade War plotline? Might we actually get to see its return first-hand in KH3, if Sora does open the door and reconnect the worlds? And what kind of thing would Nomura be planning, if they need hi-spec hardware to do it?

Mog

Awards
So,what do the wielders of light and darkness actually do in a keyblade war?Just fight each other,is that it?......What's the point of it?
I read in a xehanort report(or Xehanort said it to Ven,not sure)that they were all in search of the ultimate key(x-blade),but couldn't they just try to make the x-blade at home in front of the tv or something?Like why did they have to go out and fight a war,risking their lives?.....tell me.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
the X-Blade is made when pure light and pure darkness clash/fight/combine/whatever. Maybe they didn't have a way of telling what that was at the time, so they all just fought to see who would merge with who.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
The X-Blade could only be created if two beings, one with a Heart of pure light, and another of pure darkness, both being Keyblade Wielders, fought one another in combat. Then the X-Blade (pronounced Chi-Blade, or Kai-Blade, Key-Blade, blah) could be used to unlock Kingdom Hearts (the real one) and change the KH Universe entirely.

(If you've played Fable II, consider the Spire - when built, you get the one wish.)

When the Keyblade Wars ended, there were only fragments of Light left. The original, single World was now split into many pieces, these being those fragments of Light. Children, supposedly, were able to form barriers around these Worlds. It could be assumed that the children themselves were Keyblade Users, and knew how to lock and unlock Worlds, at least.

However,
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I'm still open to the possibility of Nomura having the X-Blade appear in later KH Games. Sora could possibly end up using it, or being forced to wield the X-Blade, and enter Kingdom Hearts to reshape the KH Universe, and make the single World return to normalcy once more, instead of all being in many fragments.

You could call the 'Original World':

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
the X-Blade is made when pure light and pure darkness clash/fight/combine/whatever. Maybe they didn't have a way of telling what that was at the time, so they all just fought to see who would merge with who.

Which basically means the entire War was a waste of time, because one heart of pure light or darkness is rare enough, but two would be nearly impossible to find, which is why MX manipulated the situation to create one of each

zc1995

Once you open the door to kingdom hearts,you could create the next world.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Well, MX did hint he wanted to instigate another Keyblade War. I could see the return of Vanitas vs. Sora and the creation of the keyblade. Though, Sora's heart isn't pure light. I don't wanna see a rehash of Ven vs. Vanitas, so maybe Kairi would fight him. MAYBE! It's a possibility. I don't want it, nor did I want AtW to return :/

State

Awards
Basically, the KW was between keyblade wielders of light, darkness and those that used keyblades that could unlock people fighting for different purposed, such as extinguishing the light, getting rid of the darkness and summoning KH. If Nomura were to make something out of it, it be more of a short film, something like Advent Children.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Does anyone remember this bit of interview, from way way way back, not too long after the release of KH2?

XI. Concerning the keyword Keyblade War, could you be a little more specific about that? Could it be related to the "Fairytale of Children and Light" that Kairi's Grandmother told?(footnote: In Kingdom Heats, Sora experienced Kairi's memories. It was the scene when Kairi's Grandmother told her an old story when she was still young. It was about when worlds were swallowed by darkness, children used the power of fragments of light to rebuild worlds.)

To tell the story about the Keyblade War we need the capacity of hi-spec hardware and we need to accumulate all of our knowledge on this hardware. And in telling this story, we will need to tell it in seperate episodes, and how specifically to tell it has yet to be figured out.

Now, we'd all assumed that Birth by Sleep was going to tell the story about the Keyblade War, and it kind of did. Nomura's mention of hi-spec hardware was a bit strange, considering BbS is on the PSP, but we all assumed that maybe he changed his mind about that or something, and we'd all assumed that by separate episodes he was referring to BbS's multiple player characters.

But, there's one thing that Birth by Sleep brought up that could explain the seeming contradiction - if the door to Kingdom Hearts is opened, the Keyblade War could be rekindled.

So, what if the destruction of the χ-blade isn't the end of the Keyblade War plotline? Might we actually get to see its return first-hand in KH3, if Sora does open the door and reconnect the worlds? And what kind of thing would Nomura be planning, if they need hi-spec hardware to do it?
Should also be noted, that, back when "The Gathering" was released, Nomura said something like"

"Hm, how should I say this... It takes place in the past, but you could also say it takes place in the future... Something like that."

Since then I always thought it was kind of obvious that a mirror of that scene would happen in the future with SRK facing off against MX (or possibly Apprentice Xehanort) and that would be how that scene "also takes place" in the future.

L0stKid

...I could imagine Sora like battling some dude who ends up using the X-blade for evil purposes and they like both get blasted to oblivion but then vens heart made sora survive and stuff..and Sora being in the Chamber where Ven is then theres this door that opens out of nowhere and they both are standing in the door of nothingness and like they create the worlds together...THAT WOULD BE DOPE.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Should also be noted, that, back when "The Gathering" was released, Nomura said something like"

"Hm, how should I say this... It takes place in the past, but you could also say it takes place in the future... Something like that."

Since then I always thought it was kind of obvious that a mirror of that scene would happen in the future with SRK facing off against MX (or possibly Apprentice Xehanort) and that would be how that scene "also takes place" in the future.

0_0 That just blew my mind. That sounds REALLY good.

CreativeGenius13

I'm actualy sorta sick of the "History repeating itself/Paralel" thing. Connections, I don't mind. Complete Paralel. A tad unrealistic.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I'm actualy sorta sick of the "History repeating itself/Paralel" thing. Connections, I don't mind. Complete Paralel. A tad unrealistic.
It's not really complete parallels. Like, even though there is a lot of similarities/"history repeating itself" with Terra/Riku, it's still not the exact same thing.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Or he could of just been saying it takes place in the future form the perspectives of TAV since that scene is close to the end of the game. Thats always how I took it.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Or he could of just been saying it takes place in the future form the perspectives of TAV since that scene is close to the end of the game. Thats always how I took it.
Then why also say it takes place in the past? It was obvious the "takes place in the past" was referring to BBS, while "takes place in the future" was referring to something else.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Then why also say it takes place in the past? It was obvious the "takes place in the past" was referring to BBS, while "takes place in the future" was referring to something else.

could "takes plaec in the future" have meant the blank points scene? just a guess....

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

0_0 That just blew my mind. That sounds REALLY good.

Oh no, one of you has accepted the ideas of the other. My cookie just crumbled in my raging fingertips. And I stand by my original post, seeing as how it's blatantly obvious that the X-Blade will be, more than likely, brought back.

kiante

I think perhaps the reason they warred was to strengthen their hearts. Part of it anyway. If they fought long enough, a heart of pure darkness and a heart of pure light would emerge because those two people grew through the fighting. But, at the same time, I think like any war it had some instigating factors and reasons why they wanted to fight each other. I think the Light was trying to protect Kingdom Hearts from the Dark, the Dark was trying to take it.

I think, from Nomura's quote, that we might see the original Keyblade War actually. But I also think another one, in some form, will take place later.

I think that's how Sora will reconnect the worlds, merging them and whatnot. He'll use the power of Kingdom Hearts, quite possibly with help from the X-blade (the Kingdom Key is, after all, half of the X-blade (or so it seems)).

So, who wants to bet we'll get a KH RTS about the original Keyblade War, and a regular game about the new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back