• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

20 KH Mysteries Solved! Sort of.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
Does anyone else think they completely fudged up this Pete scenario.

To me, its kinda weird that in KH2, Goofy say that Mickey banished Pete and in BBS, we found out why because he didn't get an Ice Cream and he didn't care about the people who votes for him, only to get himself banished by none other than Minnie.

Maybe Donald and Goofy heard of the incident, what they heard is 'Pete is banished by the ruler of Disney Castle!' and they think it was Mickey who did it.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
I'm wondering though. Where was Pete during all this? Is there any chance he actually did get banished by Mickey, after a failed revenge plot, thought up by none other than Maleficent herself? Maybe, he was rescued by and recruited by Maleficent once, only to get banished again, this time to another dimension (for real), then later sought out by and rescued again by Maleficent. Oh, and they may or may not have known that she was behind it, only that Pete tried to attack Disney Castle, perhaps with heartless, given it took place a year later, when the heartless started showing up, thanks to Xehanort and the apprentices. Alternately, maybe Xigbar's idea could explain why they thought Mickey banished him. After all, they seem to have been at Yen Sid's place for awhile.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Does anyone else think they completely fudged up this Pete scenario.

YES!!! It could've been done SOOO much better! I thought Pete was going to try and take over Disney Castle but no! It's because he wanted to steal ice cream! That was just a bunch of bullcrap, that's the only thing I hated in BBS was that scene!

...Also, this is off-topic: But could you pleeeeeease change your sig? Everytime I scroll down and it gets to your sig, my internet slows down and eventually crashes. Heck, it crashed 5 times before I finally got to send this reply. And the computer runs fine until it tries to render your sig.

Awards
YES!!! It could've been done SOOO much better! I thought Pete was going to try and take over Disney Castle but no! It's because he wanted to steal ice cream! That was just a bunch of bullcrap, that's the only thing I hated in BBS was that scene!

I said it before and I'll say it again.
They had huge potential for Pete and they botched it. They had source material that they could have used. What?

princepauperos.jpg

If you haven't seen it:

This is one of my all time favorite Disney shorts but, goddamn, would it have fit. Pete was the Royal Guard pulling the strings from behind the scene, trying to take over the kingdom. Now THAT'S something worth banishing over. And it'd be sort of a neat origin story for Goofy as well- he could go from a peasant to being the Royal Guard in place of Pete, as we see him in KH1.

Additionally, with two identical Mickeys, I think they could insert some self aware comedy in the story (what with the fact that we've got clones of Sora, Roxas, and whatnot).

A boss battle with Pete and his weasel guards in the Chapel would have been fantastic.
But, alas, they decided to go the more modern Disney route and have something based on.... Toon Town.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh man, I remember that short film! Grass, I agree with you that the plot would perfectly fit!

But noooo, Pete is banished to the other realm because he wants an Ice Cream and since when stealing an ice cream is consider to be a really BAD thing? And heck, he's wearing that superhero/supervillain getup instead of his Royal Guard attire, lol.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
Wasn't he banished for events leading up to that, his cold heartedness towards other competitors, and that they got sick of him?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Wasn't he banished for events leading up to that, his cold heartedness towards other competitors, and that they got sick of him?

Yeah but that's hardly worth banishing someone for the rest of their lives.
I mean, if there was a jerk in school who would make fun of everyone and call them names, are the teachers going to send them to prison for the rest of their lives?

Last edited:

Locksmith13

This is completely off topic but no wonder the nobodies hated sora,In kh1 he had three hearts inside of him for the majority of the game including his own. That's just ridiculous

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
This is completely off topic but no wonder the nobodies hated sora,In kh1 he had three hearts inside of him for the majority of the game including his own. That's just ridiculous

When did the nobodies ever "hate" Sora? They don't have emotions remember? And they never even had a grudge against him to begin with. He was just a tool since he had the keyblade.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
Yeah but that's hardly worth banishing someone for the rest of their lives.
I mean, if there was a jerk in school who would make fun of everyone and call them names, are the teachers going to send them to prison for the rest of their lives?
Do you know that you just compared a Monarchy to and Democracy. IN Monarchy they can get rid of you in a second without thought or trail.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I'm with you on this, too.

Don't worry about it, some people just don't like to think and want every little detail handed to them.

These answers are pretty straightforward. I'm very happy.

I think that the whole Xehanort issue is still a mess. Although I like to figure out things for myself, things aren't exactly "simple" when it comes to that. We still have many questions left, including:

* Exactly WHY did Xemnas want to find Ven? I understand that he has Terra's memories, but why did he want to find Ven? To use him as a Keyblade wielder and help create his artificial Kingdom Hearts? Even when he had Roxas and Xion, he still had Axel search for Ven. Was he trying to find him so he could try to create the X-Blade again?

* Who was influencing Xemnas? Was he even being INFLUENCED by anyone? Perhaps he just had fragmented memories and used them for his own purposes. But then why call Aqua friend if Terra didn't influence him.

I have my own theories about these things, but they still aren't confirmed. And knowing Nomura, we could all be completely wrong about some of our theories.

Caxm

Read the quote again. It says Sora AND Ventus.

No, it was quite clear in saying that Roxas holds the other side of Sora's heart. It wan't a euphemism since Vexen was going to reveal Roxas' existence to Sora.

If that's the case, then Sora was a wielder before KH1. Yet he didn't Dual Wield until Xion faded.

Which retconned the first interview then.

No, it was pretty well made out.

The other side of Sora's heart is Ven's heart......Edit:sorry was I late for the party?

And Sora didn't Duel weild until he had the ability released through his new cloaths. Sora had the ability to weild the whole time but no way to gain the ability. Same with Roxas. He gain duel weilding when Xion faded. He had the ability but couldn't until he gain accesses through Xion.

Edit again:
Do you know that you just compared a Monarchy to and Democracy. IN Monarchy they can get rid of you in a second without thought or trail.

No school is a Monarchy. The prinipal is the king and the teachers are the minions. Students are peasents. And if they had any common scense or real power they would send that bully to another Dimention. XD finally the Bathrooms would stop smelling like smoke.

Last edited:

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Exactly WHY did Xemnas want to find Ven? I understand that he has Terra's memories, but why did he want to find Ven? To use him as a Keyblade wielder and help create his artificial Kingdom Hearts? Even when he had Roxas and Xion, he still had Axel search for Ven. Was he trying to find him so he could try to create the X-Blade again?

Because the real thing is probably still better than anything he can create? Besides, if Xemnas recalled some of his MX memories, perhaps he wanted the X-blade and access to KH just in case the artificial one didn't do the job.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I saved this thread on bookmarks/favorites when I first saw it but didn't want to spoil jet
I find it verry intressting and I now bring it up again so that people who have just played BBS, like me, can read it and they too get there questions answered :)

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I saved this thread on bookmarks/favorites when I first saw it but didn't want to spoil jet
I find it verry intressting and I now bring it up again so that people who have just played BBS, like me, can read it and they too get there questions answered :)

Thanks for bringing it up again. :)

So would sora still be able to duel wield with his valor and other forms without ven's heart?

Well the fairies said his clothes let him do that but without Ven I don't think he could because it would just be Sora and Ven gives him the other Keyblade.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Well the fairies said his clothes let him do that but without Ven I don't think he could because it would just be Sora and Ven gives him the other Keyblade.
I think those clothes made it easyer to discover the wearers true powers

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Thanks for the bump. The interview was very nice to read, except for one thing that I find weird... touching the Keyblade of a Master allows you to become a wielder? I guess Xigbar can wield now. And Xemnas. And Zack. And Hades. And Maleficent. And so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back