• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Mysterious Figure Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Post number 2800 :D - almost there
Just saying

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
They'll be too busy arguing whose hair is prettier
*neither*

Wait, thought
Who here thinks MF is evil? I say nay
I say nay as well

After being defeated and the character your playing as tries to start a fight with it once more, he doesn't fight back. He looks down, as if sad or in thought, then disappears.

plus if it isn't evil we might get a chance to play as him later in the series. Hopefully D:

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I have a feeling he will be a major good guy in the future

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Anyways, I don't really think MF is evil either... He might kill you a million times over, just the way he left like that...

Well to be honest, Xemnas left like that as well... just by saying a few words and then leaving.

We don't know who this guy/girl is but I'm not going to make assumptions whether or not he's a good guy or bad guy. Maybe he's neither? Maybe HE is the data within Sora and it somehow took physical form and is ripping a crack through time and space that will cause silence to fall? (I'm sorry, I can't help but make a Doctor Who reference!)

Sorry to be really stupid but tell me if i have this right because i didnt read all 53 pages :/.

So he may be a good guy, have time travel, and has weapons similar to Xemnas' Ethereal Blades?

Yeah, that's pretty much the whole thread. That and a few theories suggesting this guy is KH, Sora, Namone (opposite of Namine) or Pluto.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
Sorry to be really stupid but tell me if i have this right because i didnt read all 53 pages :/.

So he may be a good guy, have time travel, and has weapons similar to Xemnas' Ethereal Blades?
Also we've noticed that he mimics the abilities and attacks of other characters from the series, and his battle music contains pieces of several other songs/themes.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
For those people who came late, this is what we have know about the Mysterious Figure:

He has abilities similar to those of other Final Bosses and regular bosses
He has a Doom Spell
He can control time (rewind, stop, slow, etc)
He is incredibly Fast and Strong
He's a bitch to fight
His battle theme contains pieces of other themes, Namely that of Sora, Ventus, Vanitas, Marluxia, Rage Awakened and others I forget
He "fades" into and out of the battle
Shadow Clone Jutsu

We theorize that:
And pretty much agree that he can travel through time
He may be Sora traveling through time
He may be a variant of Xehanort/Terra
He is a physical manifestation of Kingdom Hearts
It is Namone, the mirror namine
It is the all knowing being, Pluto

That's it so far, if I forgot something, tell me and I'll edit my post

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
For those people who came late, this is what we have know about the Mysterious Figure:

He has a Doom Spell
He's a bitch to fight
His battle theme contains pieces of other themes, Namely that of Sora, Ventus, Vanitas, Marluxia, Rage Awakened and others I forget
Shadow Clone Jutsu

We theorize that:

You forgot the part about Namone and Pluto! Those are VERY important theories right there ;)

Trimms

WTF. Namone?
The weakest theory ever ._.
But i like a lot of what is going around right now!! However until Nomura speaks up we can only guess!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well to be honest, Xemnas left like that as well... just by saying a few words and then leaving.

We don't know who this guy/girl is but I'm not going to make assumptions whether or not he's a good guy or bad guy. Maybe he's neither? Maybe HE is the data within Sora and it somehow took physical form and is ripping a crack through time and space that will cause silence to fall? (I'm sorry, I can't help but make a Doctor Who reference!)

Yeah, that's pretty much the whole thread. That and a few theories suggesting this guy is KH, Sora, Namone (opposite of Namine) or Pluto.

Perhaps it is the work of the Daleks. >_> <_< >_>

He has a Doom Spell
He's a bitch to fight
Shadow Clone Jutsu

We theorize that:

Forgot the Manifestation of the Data inside of Sora.

Bolded is the most likely answer. Or is it the question...?

RonXsilva

while I know the boss is possible BUT i think the level 1 challenge is impossible for this boss

Awards

Right, but I don't think it means anything. The only thing notable about his attacks is the time reversal. Its already suggested to be important due to the clock motif of No Name.

None of the Enigmatic Man's or the Lingering Sentiment's attacks at the time in which the FMs were released offered much as to who they were, and this is no different. Don't look to gameplay for hints unless something is readily apparent (such as the importance of time, as I've said).

I entirely disagree, save for the fact that I can here a bit of the same notes from Lord of the Castle. But it's not even placed in the song in a meaningful way, it just coincidentally shares some of the same notes in common at a random time. If anything I'd attribute it to the fact that, given that Shimomura has composed all of the music, there's bound to be some perceived "similarities."

Had they actually intended to connect this theme to others, they would have made it more apparent, such as with Vanitas' theme, which used the main notes of Roxas and Sora's themes.

This theory pops up everywhere.
X is Kingdom Hearts.
Pretty trite.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Right, but I don't think it means anything. The only thing notable about his attacks is the time reversal. Its already suggested to be important due to the clock motif of No Name.

None of the Enigmatic Man's or the Lingering Sentiment's attacks at the time in which the FMs were released offered much as to who they were, and this is no different. Don't look to gameplay for hints unless something is readily apparent (such as the importance of time, as I've said).

I entirely disagree, save for the fact that I can here a bit of the same notes from Lord of the Castle. But it's not even placed in the song in a meaningful way, it just coincidentally shares some of the same notes in common at a random time. If anything I'd attribute it to the fact that, given that Shimomura has composed all of the music, there's bound to be some perceived "similarities."

Had they actually intended to connect this theme to others, they would have made it more apparent, such as with Vanitas' theme, which used the main notes of Roxas and Sora's themes.

X is Kingdom Hearts.
Pretty trite.

Well, you are the theorist here (though the blood family theory you had was one of the many I didn't agree with), you have anything thought up yet? Because his gameplay and music is all we have to go on considering Nomura or his staff didn't give us a script. And No Name, a lack luster but obviously important name for the obviously important keyblade.

Z

Zulkir

The track doesn't sound like something that would be used for a malevolent being. I feel it's closer to Rage Awakened than it is to Disappeared.

I always felt that "Disappeared" (KHFM Xemnas) had that omnious, negative feel to it.

I always felt that Rage Awakened had that "hero's struggle" feel to it, before I knew what LS was.

This theme feels..neutral, it's hard to judge based upon the theme alone if this is a being with malevolent intentions or not.

Also we have the dialogue of the two previous bosses, this guy has no lines whatsoever.

Keep in mind that what we should have learned from past experiences is that often, the most simple explanation is the correct one.

One of the first things people said when the original BBS concept video came out was "MX possesses Terra" and "Ven's heart goes into Sora".

We kept trying to find out what the Lingering Sentiment was when all along it was just..a Lingering Sentiment.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the explanation behind this character was as simple as "X character lost through time"

Last edited:

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com

Yay! I don't have to go through countless (~54) pages! T<T

I noticed that he had some of Scar's abilities, and it's obvious that he has some of Xemnas' abilities. What other ones does he have in common?

He has a Doom Spell

*dies*

Shadow Clone Jutsu

Which helps with the time traveler thing. The making doubles of himself could not be so much as making doubles of himself at all, but making a paradox while traveling through time (in to the present). The fading could be him entering and exiting this timeline (wibbley wobbley timey whimey) or him entering the RoL through the RoD.

He's a bitch to fight

This could imply that he's from the far off future, and I don't just mean the far off future of BbS, but Coded. Of course, that's assuming that he's one of the characters we've already seen.

I swear, I only heard similarities to Riku's theme. I haven't examined the themes, so I can't really say of the similarities.

We theorize that:

Watch the hints from the keyblade be retconned or completely ignored xD. ._. I'd be pissed.

Why would he change his weapons then? I completely disagree that he's Sora from the future.

This one I could believe. I mean, it could be (ridiculously) explained that Xehanort/Terra, through Nothingness, obtained abilities that were not their own.

... lulz

More likely reason for the slight difference in this? He's Namine's twin brother. Namine's so special that her creation was at the exact same time and such as her brother, Namone, in another world similar to Castle Oblivion. This caused a rift in the time-space continuum, and Namone is suffering because his body, heart, and soul have not found a time where they can exist! :eek:

The Pluto that barks?! Well... Jimminy's Journal had a humanoid form for some thing... it's plausible! xD

I don't remember the Lingering Sentiment's attacks to be similar to other bosses, though. The Mysterious Figure's attacks are ridiculously similar to them. Though I do agree that the more apparently important moves will stay when/if he makes it into the other installments.

X is Kingdom Hearts.
Pretty trite.

Well, if something as... well, random, as Jimminy's Journal can have a physical manifestation, then why not Kingdom Hearts? I highly doubt that the Mysterious Figure is, however, since we're only at the tail end of the first saga in a "much larger series."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back