• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Apparently now you NEED to have it Pre-Ordered to get it!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonelyness21

Awards
I saw a couple of posts here mentioning some GameStops selling it a bit early so I decided "Hey, what the heck, calling never hurt anyone" So I called, and after I asked this was the guy's reply.

"Oh, no, but the game will be on sale this Tuesday on the 7th, you know that is if you have it Pre-Ordered. If you don't have it pre-ordered then sorry we're not gonna have it."

:O

Two things went through my mind at that moment

1) Thank GOD I pre-ordered the Bundle
2) Has it really been THAT much pre-ordered?

I mean, I'm really happy for the series as of how great recognition it's gotten but I feel sorry for those who haven't been able to pre-ordered.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I bet its already been sold out at your gamestop.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This is why people hate Gamestop.

People hate Gamestop? i have not even heard of it untill i pre-ordered Metroid Prime Trilogy last little over a year ago, well back on topic, i am Pre-Ordering it today or tomorrow so i guess now i'm glad i am gonna Pre-Order it. (especially with the precious, precious decals!)

Last edited:

Jakek9

People hate gamestop for so many reasons its not even funny.
I'm so happy I preordered mine. lol.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I didn't preorder. :/ But the lady at Gamestop showed me the game and decals. She said they're not sold out. :D

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Gamestop stocks their "special edition bundles" based on how many people pre-order the bundle. So, if 5 people pre-order the bundle, Gamestop will only have 5 in stock. I'm guessing when the employee said they only had it for people who pre-ordered, he was referring to that bundle you're getting.

However, this doesn't hold true for the actual game. Trust me, they're not just going to stock how many pre-orders they have for a game as highly anticipated as Birth By Sleep.

Lonelyness21

Awards
Gamestop stocks their "special edition bundles" based on how many people pre-order the bundle. So, if 5 people pre-order the bundle, Gamestop will only have 5 in stock. I'm guessing when the employee said they only had it for people who pre-ordered, he was referring to that bundle you're getting.

However, this doesn't hold true for the actual game. Trust me, they're not just going to stock how many pre-orders they have for a game as highly anticipated as Birth By Sleep.

I did not mention my name or the fact that I pre-ordered the bundle. I only mentioned Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep.
So no, it's not that

Or
3) They didn't actually order any other copies other than the pre-orders.

At least thats what my Gamestop said.

No I did not think that OnO;;

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Exactly. They didn't do that for Days, so why would they do it for a game like BBS?

Dannydecay

I think they were suggesting that if you didn't pre-order it they would be sold out.

Lonelyness21

Awards
Exactly. They didn't do that for Days, so why would they do it for a game like BBS?

Did you not read what I said when I replied him? I said I only mentioned the title of the game, I never mention either my name for them to check or that I pre-ordered the bundle .__.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Yeah usually in the week before a release you can't preorder it any longer. What I think they do with the actuall game is they order enough for the preorders and then have a few extra for non preorders. For instance, I bought Spore the day it came out and I didn't even preorder it. They just had it in stock. I suppose if a game gets preordered enough, they can only order enough copies for preorder. I don't know about bundles though. Those are actual consoles. If you preordered it, there should be enough for the preorders. But usually they don't put as many consoles in stock.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Yeah usually in the week before a release you can't preorder it any longer. What I think they do with the actuall game is they order enough for the preorders and then have a few extra for non preorders. For instance, I bought Spore the day it came out and I didn't even preorder it. They just had it in stock. I suppose if a game gets preordered enough, they can only order enough copies for preorder. I don't know about bundles though. Those are actual consoles. If you preordered it, there should be enough for the preorders. But usually they don't put as many consoles in stock.

Nah, I called yesterday, my gamestop said they'll be taking them through tomorrow.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
now you guys are making me think they won't have enough orders for those that didn't pre order.

gdude30

If you go early you should be able to get a copy if you diddn't pre-order it. Unless they got so many pre-orders they only ordered pre-orders which can happen. But there are other stores around. Try best buy, walmart, target, or some other place. Unless you live where everyone walks around with keyblades I don't think every copy should sell out. But if it does than in some ways I'll be happy because Square Enix will get there money and than they'll like the PSP and maybe do future tites on the PSP again and more support for the series and future games :D. And yeah I've bought new release games the day of and not pre-ordered. But never with really really big titles like Halo, Mario, GTA, and etc. That's just suicide.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I don'tunderstand, my Gamestop is awesome, they have like, 4 boxes of games in the store just sitting there and you can take one on Monday He told me

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I don'tunderstand, my Gamestop is awesome, they have like, 4 boxes of games in the store just sitting there and you can take one on Monday He told me

You lucky bastard.

I'm gonna try and call my gamestop and see if i can get it today, but i didn't preoder it.

luckily, my gamestops in my area and i don't have to drive an hour long to get there anymore(they built it last april).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back