• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

IGN VIDEO REVIEW

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think 8.5 is a good score...but after looking into the seperate categories, I don't think it was so good anymore...I agree with the people who stated the 7.5 graphics score...I think that is very low for a game that looks absolutely amazing, and it is right that considering they praised the gameplay so much except the camera angles, and I don't think the camera angles warrant a -1.5 off the gameplay score.

I think IGN thinks too highly of MGS and often God of War in my opinion...MGS:pW got a 9.5 rating...I think that is simply amazing for a PSP game, and Bbs only gets an 8.5?!?!?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That ign review for dissidia was god awful! 6.5? they obviously couldnt care less

6.5!? D:<

Couldn't they at least try to give an unbiased review?

I think IGN thinks too highly of MGS and often God of War in my opinion...MGS:pW got a 9.5 rating...I think that is simply amazing for a PSP game, and Bbs only gets an 8.5?!?!?

Everyone probably agrees that it's so stupid how they docked off 0.5 points from Peace Walker because they couldn't follow a perfectly simple story.

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
well he did complain about the environments and i agree with him, kingdom hearts has good graphics but the environments look plain and flat, but honestly just for gameplay and story alone BBS deserves at least a 9.0

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
6.5!? D:<

Couldn't they at least try to give an unbiased review?

Everyone probably agrees that it's so stupid how they docked off 0.5 points from Peace Walker because they couldn't follow a perfectly simple story.

give an unbiased review?! why, dont you think youre asking a bit much of them

and yeah, metal gear has always had a complex story, a big part of the game is a big reason it has most of its fans, and now they are going to dock points because of it?! total bs if ive ever seen it

What are you talking about they gave Dissidia a 8.9 >_>
Um, no, GI bashed Dissidia for absolutely any and everything, and gave it a 6.5

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I think 8.5 is a good score...but after looking into the seperate categories, I don't think it was so good anymore...I agree with the people who stated the 7.5 graphics score...I think that is very low for a game that looks absolutely amazing, and it is right that considering they praised the gameplay so much except the camera angles, and I don't think the camera angles warrant a -1.5 off the gameplay score.

Yeah! That's what got me so pissed off. BBS had better graphics than PW and gave a 7.5 to BBS because of the environment witch has nothing to do with the graphics. And off topic but i had to share this:

But that's not all! Each hero also forges Destiny Links, or D-Links, with characters they meet as they travel.

This guy doesn't know shit.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Grr, this guy gets me angry, he insulted one of the possible best games ever, he is the noob that should be roasted.

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

and yeah, metal gear has always had a complex story, a big part of the game is a big reason it has most of its fans, and now they are going to dock points because of it?! total bs if ive ever seen it

Oh I thought you said IGN.

O_O[25]

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Maybe >.>

Total BS is right.

GameInformer's reviews were one of the main reasons I didn't bother renewing my subscription.

Last edited:

Chris211

Yeah! That's what got me so pissed off. BBS had better graphics than PW and gave a 7.5 to BBS because of the environment witch has nothing to do with the graphics. And off topic but i had to share this:

This guy doesn't know shit.
LOL he said that really? I must've not heard it then, let me go back and watch it.

kupo1121

Awards
I have nothing wrong with IGN, but once again, I think they need a seperate person for each genre...maybe they do and I just don't know it or something, but it seems the guy who reviewed KH reviews a lot of games, and too some extent, thats not fair because he can be biased towards certain genres.

Also, the way the guy talked in the read review on how the game is a great buy, and how his friends used to argue on whether it was a good buy or not and how the game is the best gameplay of the series and how you can replay it over and over again, and how the minigames are great, and how their is multipalyer that is laggy but fun...and then the game gets an 8.5 o_O

kupo1121

Awards
This is why I like Kotaku's reviews. No points, just a list of positives and negatives in detail.

Here's Shanks (most recent one other then Case 0 I could find)

Shank Review: He'll Cut You

I have to agree, a number or star score makes it feel like the game has a set standard, but when you just list the likes and dislikes you let the reader decide what points he or she likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back