• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Characters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaxyle

Did anyone notice that there is a element missing in the 3 main characters on the game? I mean, Terra = Earth, Aqua = Water and Ventus= Wind. But what about Fire? ( I looked it up, the latin word for fire, Ignis, and is a very good name for a character) SE did that on purpose? There was not enough space for a 4th character on the game? What do you think?

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Uh, no
I THINK they were set up like that to relate to the 3 protaganists of Kh:
Sora: Sky / Ventus: Wind
Riku: Land / Terra: Earth
Kairi: Ocean / Aqua: Water

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Trios are cooler than quartets in this series.

But anyways, Terra, Aqua and Ven just following the naming of Sora, Riku and Kairi; sky, land, and sea. A fire related name would seem rather out of place imo.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Well, as far as the Latin names go... that was just for BbS. The original main characters' (Sora, Riku, and Kairi) names weren't Latin. Also, SRK's names don't really mean, "sky," "land," and "sea" respectively. Nomura interprets their names to mean that.

Besides, the land, sky, sea/earth, water, wind thing was probably meant to be symbolic of an overlying theme found throughout the series: connections.

Vaxyle

Uh, no
I THINK they were set up like that to relate to the 3 protaganists of Kh:
Sora: Sky / Ventus: Wind
Riku: Land / Terra: Earth
Kairi: Ocean / Aqua: Water

Yeah, but still, is odd that they left an element out-and now that your reminded me- from the very beginning.

Chris211

Yeah, but still, is odd that they left an element out-and now that your reminded me- from the very beginning.
Like Sign said, most things are always about trio's so regardless it would've been out of place. It was just to show relevance to the main characters from KH1

Vaxyle

True, is all about trios, but IMO a 4th memeber resembling "fire" wouldn't be out of context, thinking about connections and completing the circle of things.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Like Sign said, most things are always about trio's so regardless it would've been out of place.

The Rule of Three. But that doesn't mean that they could have left out that fourth element. They could have had another female character. They chose not to. It could have strengthened the whole theme about connections: being connected to nature.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
YES YES YES, I love it lol. Oh wait..Axel uses fire, nevermind :(

Just because he uses fire doesn't mean that a character can't come up later on named Ignis...the name has nothing to do with the moves they use. Kairi means Ocean, does that mean shes attacks like Demyx, same goes for Aqua...they don't, it's just a name that means something, not what their attacks will be based off of.

Chris211

Just because he uses fire doesn't mean that a character can't come up later on named Ignis...the name has nothing to do with the moves they use. Kairi means Ocean, does that mean shes attacks like Demyx, same goes for Aqua...they don't, it's just a name that means something, not what their attacks will be based off of.
Well actually its more potent in TAV...their keyblade names and such. I agree it'd be cool for another character to be Ignis but when I think of Axel already I can see him honestly being integrated into the plot and being recognized as the "fire" element guy.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Ignis sounds more like an antagonists name. That'd be a cool edition to KH. "Fire" name-based villians.

kupo1121

Awards
Well actually its more potent in TAV...their keyblade names and such. I agree it'd be cool for another character to be Ignis but when I think of Axel already I can see him honestly being integrated into the plot and being recognized as the "fire" element guy.

He could be the fire element guy...but that doesn't stop a person named Ignis having a fire-named keyblade. However, I think having a person named Ignis would be weird, because I always saw it like this, which I think many other people did too:

Terra (Ground) - slow in moving yet very powerful [I think of how the world took years to seperate and how earthquakes are very destructive]
Ventus (Wind) - fast and quick moving, according to some he can glide [wind is fast and can travel across distacnes at high speeds, also it glides]
Aqua (Water) - majestic and smooth in her movements [water acts in a similar manner]

So if Ignis was Fire, how would they move...I've heard people remark that flames dance...but I can't really think of how that person would fight.

Chris211

He could be the fire element guy...but that doesn't stop a person named Ignis having a fire-named keyblade. However, I think having a person named Ignis would be weird, because I always saw it like this, which I think many other people did too:

Terra (Ground) - slow in moving yet very powerful [I think of how the world took years to seperate and how earthquakes are very destructive]
Ventus (Wind) - fast and quick moving, according to some he can glide [wind is fast and can travel across distacnes at high speeds, also it glides]
Aqua (Water) - majestic and smooth in her movements [water acts in a similar manner]

So if Ignis was Fire, how would they move...I've heard people remark that flames dance...but I can't really think of how that person would fight.
Flame comes off to me as quick moving also..you see how fast fires spread and burn down..it'd have to be something fast and destructive..like Ven and Terra mixed together(cheesy i know)

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

Fire moves wildly and is unpredictable
Teleporting moves are to be expected

kupo1121

Awards
Fire moves wildly and is unpredictable
Teleporting moves are to be expected

Teleporting I think is a bit much...but if I agree with the ppl who have said it would be destructive and possibly wild in their movements...I don't think they would teleport, but I could see them jumping around everywhere.

Vaxyle

The Key word would be Destructive as Chris211 pointed out. I can picture a guy with a massive amount of power and stamina.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Teleporting I think is a bit much...but if I agree with the ppl who have said it would be destructive and possibly wild in their movements...I don't think they would teleport, but I could see them jumping around everywhere.

Imagine it like this:

They hit, flames burst, they disappear
Rinse, repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back