• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

For all you guitar players!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
City and Colour is so good for chilled out acoustic playing.
If I'm trying to whore effect pedals - Indie-ish sort of stuff which relies more on finger work than on chords etc.

I'm still pretty crappy though so its all very basic stuff.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
You should tell me what that is because I don't want to get up and try it

And, so far I can play stuff by The Beatles, like Dig A Pony, Helter Skelter, Eight Days A Week, and Let It Be. Also songs by Nirvana, like In Bloom, Drain You, Milk It, and Smells Like Teen Spirit. Right now I'm learning Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold

billabong

ain't yo granny's
Website
facebook.com
I like to think of bands as stages of my playing history, as I become obsessed with one band or collection of bands at a time. As such, this is the general history of about five years of playing:

0-1: Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, and Refused.
1-3: Death Cab for Cutie, Bright Eyes. This is also the span of time that I began actively writing my own material.
3-4: Islands, Rilo Kiley, Beatles.
4-5: RADIOHEAAAAAAD. And I'm also running another creative period. Lots of original jams and stuff.

As far as jargon goes, I'm pretty into progressions featuring major-sevenths (reeeally relaxing effect) and I'm starting to incorporate more percussive techniques into my general playing style (harmonics, slapping, knocking on the strings every so often for a beat, etc).

In general, I've stuck to acoustic. However, following a jam in which my friend played a string of hardcore/hard rock rhythms and I had no idea what to play over them, I've been dying to get a feel for heavier stuff.

Superschlock

Awards
Yeah the band progression sounds like a nice way to go about getting experience and stuff

Also, I mostly play electric, even though I have an acoustic in my closet, it doesn't get taken out much

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Hard rock, metal, gaemman music, vocals of jpop songs, progressive rock, whatever i like really.

αsiя

space coke
I first started with Nirvana. Then I moved up to bands like Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. Now I'm trying to learn more thrash metal like Exodus, Kreator, and Sodom.

AlbertJ

Awards
On guitar, I really like to play Red Hot Chili Peppers songs. John Frusciante is my biggest influence. I cant pick up a guitar without playing at least one part of "Under the Bridge". Other bands I like to play are Nirvana, Green Day, Johnny Cash, The Beatles, Metallica and The Police.

Gracee

Banned
I am a composer, I used to download background music from internet. if you need some specific sound effect like Game Sound Effects, Animal Sound Effects etc try Audiomicro,it is very popular for music and sound effects. It’s not free but very well priced and then you are free to use the music forever.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I haven't played guitar in a few years (switched to the piano) but at the time, my biggest influences were Robert Fripp, Eric Johnson, David Gilmour, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, and Jimmy Page (though ironically, I hate Zeppelin.)

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
I just started taking lessons for the guitar a year ago, I'm currently focusing on shredding (I'm gonna learn the Power Ranger theme song in a few days XD). I don't really know any songs on the electric yet, but that's only because I am focusing on learning the different neo-classical modes (sweep-picking is such a bitch right?).

Though I know a few good songs on acoustic, including; Buckethead [whitewash], Kansas [dust in the wind], most Tenacious D songs, and a few Rise Against songs. Also, I am REALLY well trained with Blues improvisation.

BTW
Do you mean full songs, or just parts of songs? 'Cuz I have around 90 different rifts stuck in meh head.

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
I've only been playing for 2 months, so I can't play jack shit. And it doesn't really help that I love to play metal. But I learned the intro riff for South of Heaven last night, so I guess that's something. If we're talking influences, my biggest are Dave Mustaine, Jeff Hanneman, Dave Gilmour, John Petrucci, and John Frusciante.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I do video game renditions and I also play keyboard too, but I like to play pretty much anything except country, I can currently do Puddle of mud (Guitar and Vocals on some songs) Hoobastank (vocals) Avenged sevenfold (Guitars) Boston (Guitar) Nightwish (Keyboard) and so many more...

Superschlock

Awards
This thread is so old, my gosh lol

Do you mean full songs, or just parts of songs? 'Cuz I have around 90 different rifts stuck in meh head.

Just anything really, I mean it's up to you what you want to list

I'm now just doing mostly Nirvana, not much Beatles. Sucks too, cause I got no amp :I

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
This thread is so old, my gosh lol

Just anything really, I mean it's up to you what you want to list

I'm now just doing mostly Nirvana, not much Beatles. Sucks too, cause I got no amp :I

Try getting a big hollow, sturdy, wooden box. Then just place the machine-heads against it, the vibrations will carry out & will have a surprisingly descent amount of distortion (I use my bunk bed XD).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back