• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Countdown [we need YOU!]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patamon246

Awards
SCREAMZ!
Everything! New battle system, two plaer, three storylines, and finally all those questions that have been killling me from the inside will be answered.

ICECOOL113

Wow so much to write about this game! Well for starters I have been waiting for MONTHS and during the time before the Japanese release I found it amazing how many people had their ideas on what BBS was going to be about (any one remember when we thought it was the 3rd game after the events in KH2?). Now many months later and leading on to the release of the NA version of BBS I am happy to say I am looking forward to story of the Key Blade war and the birth of KH1's Asem. If though if I say so my self I thought the plot of the past was little misleading to KH1 but to directly KH2 and Days which myself saw very confusing to my 1st time playing friends when they heard of the BBS. Now on the gameplay I am happy it isn't the useless card play like in COM and it doesn't have the panel system in Days which I saw to be unimportant also. At the same time I am happy with the controls with the PSP and can't wait to start playing in the areana with other people on it. I however do not like the board game mini game and find it useless. I am really enjoying the chance to see all the characters from Disney, FF, and KH made as well. My favorite character wil always be Ventus since my other favorites are Roxas and Sora. Terra I find him a little confusing and Aqua well she is just one of those characters just not interesting enough for me. The world are awesome but I think
the galitor world is just used too much. The scenario of Ventus and Terra are ones I am really looking forward too. The VA of these people I don't care about and the music is very interesting as well.I want to really thank KHinsider for taking the time and effort to get the information,make the forums happen, and keep all us spoiler-happy/hating Kingdom Hearts fans excited for BBS and in advanced for the aftermath of after the release in NA.

One more thing is that.....OMG MY FRIENDS AND I HAVE ALREADY PRE-ORDRED GAMES AND ARE HAVING A BIG PARTY ON SEPT.7TH WHERE WE PLAY THE GAME ALL AT ONCE!!!!GO BITH BY SLEEP!!!!!!

Last edited:

Abysmal

Holy snap. The next 15 days seem like an eternity away, and I'm glad I'm not the only one practically bouncing off the walls with excitement for BBS. And honestly, what's a mere 2 weeks compared to the four long years we spent anticipating this game?
The part I'm most excited for is the story behind Ven, Terra, and Aqua. I could really care less for battle systems... Whenever I see an interview focused around gameplay, I yawn and move along. I don't play Kingdom Hearts for the fighting, I play for the characters and storyline. In fact, I rarely enjoy a game if it doesn't have an engaging plot. BBS uses a mix of fascinating new characters while also revamping older favorites (Lea?! Isa?! Teenage Zack?! Baby Sora and Riku?! Omgyesplz) in order to spice things up, which I think is freaking awesome. If there's one thing Square Enix excels at, it's being extremely consistent in the way they please their fans.
I'm also loving the fact that Birth by Sleep is taking a step into more serious, dark territory--it's a welcome change for the KH series, and reading all these awesome reviews really has me going crazy. Somehow, even the graphics seem to have evolved, as well, even though at first glance they seem very similar to the original PS2 quality. The characters appear more alive and expressive, and I swear there was drool dripping from my open mouth when I saw footage of Ven's Wing Blade mode. The video clips I've seen are simply gorgeous.
If BBS had never been created, I never would have even thought of buying a PSP. And yet, this game alone convinced me to pull $100 from my savings account to buy the system, because I knew that I simply could not sleep at night, knowing I couldn't play this awesome new addition to the KH family. As I carried my new PSP home to lie dormant in my desk until September 7th, I realized that I could accurately call myself a loyal Kingdom Hearts fanatic. I don't know what it is about these games that has me hooked, but I just can't get enough. I'm sure Square Enix is well aware of what loving fans it has--otherwise, I doubt so many KH games would be coming out year after year.
One thing that pisses me off about Birth by Sleep--I read that we WON'T BE GETTING THE SECRET ENDING IN THE NORTH AMERICAN VERSION. Instead, we get some weapon crap or extra boss or something. Like I said: I don't care for gameplay or items or weapons, just the story. It seems unfair we won't get to see this extra tidbit.. I feel cheated, somehow. Watching the secret ending in Japanese on Youtube just isn't the same as earning the ending for yourself, watching it on your own game screen. ... But then I see more screenshots/videos of the game, and this flaw is easily forgotten. xD
I do believe I've rambled enough. I'll be eagerly anticipating BBS alongside every other fangirl/boy out there, and perhaps if I'm not too busy with school and work, I'll draw something up to contribute to this fantastic countdown. And seriously, thank you, KHinsider. I've probably checked this website once every single day for four years, checking up on updates on all the KH games. I count on you guys to be the first to bring me all the biggest news... And you always deliver. So, here's to you, KHinsider, and here's to all the fantastic future KH games to come. :]

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
One thing that pisses me off about Birth by Sleep--I read that we WON'T BE GETTING THE SECRET ENDING IN THE NORTH AMERICAN VERSION. Instead, we get some weapon crap or extra boss or something. Like I said: I don't care for gameplay or items or weapons, just the story. It seems unfair we won't get to see this extra tidbit.. I feel cheated, somehow. Watching the secret ending in Japanese on Youtube just isn't the same as earning the ending for yourself, watching it on your own game screen. ... But then I see more screenshots/videos of the game, and this flaw is easily forgotten. xD
I do believe I've rambled enough.

That's completely false. NOTHING is getting removed from the English version. Who told you they were removing stuff? They're ADDING stuff, not removing them.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Xion Day (In America) tomorrow. Xion = 14th member. Tomorrow = 14 days left until Birth by Sleep is released (In NA)!
This Wednesday is Roxas Day and so on.

As silly as that it is, I like that idea. Everyday, I'm gonna change my avie to the corresponding Org. member.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Haha, that's what we did for the Days countdown after all.
There's nothing like that for BBS, so you all will just have to wait and see what we come up with. :3

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
So tomorrow is Roxas day? Considering the fact that he looks like Ventus and that Organization members 1-8 are in this game (not counting the additional two in the secret ending) , It does tend to fit. All we need is a game that features the history of numbers 9-12, and we'll be full up on Organization XIII. Seriously, Lexaeus may be a bit underdeveloped, but at least he has a past we know about. Demyx and the others need some love (and for us to know their true names), too.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Would it be strange to write something on the style of art in the game in correlation to avant garde and kitsch art? It isn't my reason why I am excited but it is a good reason for some people who are excited for the art direction of the game. And maybe I'll add some psychological analysis of the game and how it reflects human nature and stuff.

But it'd be two page essay length. Would that be alright to submit?

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
So tomorrow is Roxas day? Considering the fact that he looks like Ventus and that Organization members 1-8 are in this game (.......), It does tend to fit. All we need is a game that features the history of numbers 9-12, and we'll be full up on Organization XIII. Seriously, Lexaeus may be a bit underdeveloped, but at least he has a past we know about. Demyx and the others need some love (and for us to know their true names), too.

*Sigh* Would a spoiler box have killed you? It certainly hurt me >.> Could you please add a spoiler box or just take out that whole info about it so no one else reads it?

Last edited:

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Sorry. I didn't name which ones were in the secret ending, though, so I didn't think it did much damage to anti-spoilers. I'll go fix it...

Crud...I can't remember exactly how to put the spoiler box up. Give me a few seconds, I'll figure it out....

Alright, I got it. I didn't realize even indirect information was so sensitive...

Dude, you need to change your post now. It still has the indirect spoiler uncovered. If you're still on, tag it.

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Would it be strange to write something on the style of art in the game in correlation to avant garde and kitsch art? It isn't my reason why I am excited but it is a good reason for some people who are excited for the art direction of the game. And maybe I'll add some psychological analysis of the game and how it reflects human nature and stuff.

But it'd be two page essay length. Would that be alright to submit?

We would probably link to a separate page, but sure.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
So tomorrow is Roxas day? Considering the fact that he looks like Ventus and that Organization members 1-8 are in this game (not counting the additional two in the secret ending) , It does tend to fit. All we need is a game that features the history of numbers 9-12, and we'll be full up on Organization XIII. Seriously, Lexaeus may be a bit underdeveloped, but at least he has a past we know about. Demyx and the others need some love (and for us to know their true names), too.

its funnt im pretty sure organization memebers 9-12 plus axel and ienzo aremore popular to the fans then 1-8 i was hoping ther sombodies would become more plotrelevant

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
Thanks for the edit ShadowXemnas!

Well its mostly because at this point, months after the Japanese release, it is WAY too easy for one to read a spoiler by simply reading the first youtube comment on a trailer. My friends and I had the unfortunate event happen to us more than we would like for BBS. At this point, I'm desperate to keep at least one surprising thing to find out when I actually play the game. I know you didn't give specifics, but just knowing what to expect kinda kills it. Just be careful when posting stuff like that =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back