• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Trailer (now with Simple and Clean!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Re: Final Trailer Here (7:11)

graphics mean nothing look at final fantasy vii shit graphics and its one of the best games ever

Ya.....not the best example....but I understand what you meant. But ya, most people actually enjoy great graphics...and in reviews that is one of the big things they focus on.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

so its still an amazing game and the va's do matter because they help tell the story which is a thing kh is known for

Don't like the voices? Don't buy the fcuking game. You gonna buy the game anyway? Then the VAS obviously had no impact on the game itself so stop whining about the voices.

That last part went to the haters, not you chris

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

You gonna buy the game anyway? Then the VAS obviously had no impact on the game itself
Not necessarily. Just because someone is going to buy the game, even though they don't like the VA's, doesn't mean that the VAs had no impact on the game. It just means they want to experience the story anyway, even if the VAs suck balls.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I don't get why people are hating on Willa Holland and MX they're really not that bad.

Silverslide

Not necessarily. Just because someone is going to buy the game, even though they don't like the VA's, doesn't mean that the VAs had no impact on the game. It just means they want to experience the story anyway, even if the VAs suck balls.

Maybe. But if the VAs aren't bad enough to kill the experience then I don't see why everyone is nagging and bitching about it. That's just me.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

Maybe. But if the VAs aren't bad enough to kill the experience then I don't see why everyone is nagging and bitching about it. That's just me.
Probably because people would like to enjoy the story to the very maximum that they possibly can, and, for some, having bad VAs limits that. It doesn't mean they would kill the entire experience, but, people like to hope for the best when they get a game, especially one that they have been waiting on forever. It's like "yeah it's good, but, if the VAs had just been that much better, it would have been great". That kind of sentiment.

Silverslide

Probably because people would like to enjoy the story to the very maximum that they possibly can, and, for some, having bad VAs limits that. It doesn't mean they would kill the entire experience, but, people like to hope for the best when they get a game, especially one that they have been waiting on forever. It's like "yeah it's good, but, if the VAs had just been that much better, it would have been great". That kind of sentiment.

I feel you.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

And it also called " I don't give a fcuk." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Don%27t-give-a-fcukism

I know what business ethic is. But that is beside the point. people are gonna buy the game. You think that they care only about the voice acting. What people are looking for is gameplay, which this trailer presented perfectly. You can have the best graphics and the whole damn world but have shitty graphics and the whole game is shit.

I'd like to point out these facts:
-You can have good graphics in a good game
-You can have good graphics in an bad game
-You can have bad graphics in a good game
-You can have bad graphics in a bad game

Gameplay > Graphics

If games were cake, then graphics are icing.
And a cake can taste horrible, even though the icing looks very nice.
But the cake can taste good, even though the icing is just thrown on.

And BBS is a great game with great graphics, so, it's the cake that tastes good, and was decorated with icing nicely.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

And it also called " I don't give a fcuk." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Don%27t-give-a-fcukism

I know what business ethic is. But that is beside the point. people are gonna buy the game. You think that they care only about the voice acting. What people are looking for is gameplay, which this trailer presented perfectly. You can have the best graphics and the whole damn world but have shitty graphics and the whole game is shit.

Well, apparently you *do* give a fck, because you actually replied.

Believe it or not, you're not the only one on this forum. Not everyone cares solely about gameplay. There are people who actually do care about the voice acting and the plot. Just because you're just in it for the gameplay doesn't mean everyone else is.

and Terra...gosh, Terra...I just want to hug him.
I love his voice. <3
His voice is fine. :D I don't think it's that bad either.

And I don't know if I stated this already, but may I just say that I <3 Braig too? Not as much as Terra, but...it's BRAIG.

graphics mean nothing look at final fantasy vii shit graphics and its one of the best games ever

You may as well be comparing a Gameboy color to a Nintendo DS.

When FFVII was released in 1997, it had cutting edge graphics for its time. We've come a LONG way since then.

chrisora2066

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Don't like the voices? Don't buy the fcuking game. You gonna buy the game anyway? Then the VAS obviously had no impact on the game itself so stop whining about the voices.

That last part went to the haters, not you chris

ok thanks i was getting offended before you said it wasn't directed at me and ye i didn't like the voices at first but i'm slowly getting used to them its harder though since i'm used to the japanese and mike's fandub va's

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

ok thanks i was getting offended before you said it wasn't directed at me and ye i didn't like the voices at first but i'm slowly getting used to them its harder though since i'm used to the japanese and mike's fandub va's

I'm already pretty comfortable with the VAs so far. And as I've stated before in this thread, my only complaint was Vanitas's laugh, which IMO wasn't as creepy/batshit insane as his Japanese counterpart's, but I don't exactly know if that creepy-enough-to-give-you-nightmares effect was what HJO was going for. It's not enough to change my opinion of him as a VA in this role, it's just something that kind of bothered me. But I'll get over it. :)

chrisora2066

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

You may as well be comparing a Gameboy color to a Nintendo DS.

When FFVII was released in 1997, it had cutting edge graphics for its time. We've come a LONG way since then.

ya i get what you mean ok i'l give a better example pokemon comparing graphics from silver and gold to diamond and pearl or the whole series in general they don't take a big leap in graphics usually they just change a couple of things to suit the system and like someone said earlier they just add the extra graphics as an iceing on the cake

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

ya i get what you mean ok i'l give a better example pokemon comparing graphics from silver and gold to diamond and pearl or the whole series in general they don't take a big leap in graphics usually they just change a couple of things to suit the system and like someone said earlier they just add the extra graphics as an iceing on the cake

Well, the thing about graphics is that the technology is changing and advancing all the time; it seems to me, especially with Pokemon, that one month they'll come out with a game with graphics like, say, silver, and the next month they come out with a Pokemon game with graphics like Platinum (it's an exaggeration, but you get my point). But you're right - for the most part, games don't usually change graphics in leaps and bounds. A good many players - both those inside and outside the KH fandom - are looking for good graphics as well as gameplay and storyline, which is what I think someone said before in this thread.

chrisora2066

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Well, the thing about graphics is that the technology is changing and advancing all the time. A good many players - both those inside and outside the KH fandom - are looking for good graphics as well as gameplay and storyline, which is what I think someone said before in this thread.

ye i've really gotten away from my point which is sometimes graphics don't matter as long as you have good gameplay and plot but the thing about most good games like kingdom hearts is they have a good mixture of those 3 elements also i wasn't dissing pokemon there if anyone was wandering i love those games not as much as kingdom hearts though

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

ye i've really gotten away from my point which is sometimes graphics don't matter as long as you have good gameplay and plot but the thing about most good games like kingdom hearts is they have a good mixture of those 3 elements also i wasn't dissing pokemon there if anyone was wandering i love those games not as much as kingdom hearts though

Oh I agree with you. Pokemon's fun - hell, it can get quite addictive when you're bored out of your mind over the summer - but KH > Pokemon.

I got into KH because of the emotionally-driven plotline originally, but yeah, the good graphics and gameplay (especially the battle system - CoM need not apply - )certainly don't hurt anything either.

Omegataco

Awards

I'm already pretty comfortable with the VAs so far. And as I've stated before in this thread, my only complaint was Vanitas's laugh, which IMO wasn't as creepy/batshit insane as his Japanese counterpart's, but I don't exactly know if that creepy-enough-to-give-you-nightmares effect was what HJO was going for. It's not enough to change my opinion of him as a VA in this role, it's just something that kind of bothered me. But I'll get over it. :)

I thought his laugh was creepy..

chrisora2066

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Oh I agree with you. Pokemon's fun - hell, it can get quite addictive when you're bored out of your mind over the summer - but KH > Pokemon.

I got into KH because of the emotionally-driven plotline originally, but yeah, the good graphics and gameplay (especially the battle system - CoM need not apply - )certainly don't hurt anything either.

they way i got into kh was really nothing to do with the plot since i didn't know it was because i saw a trailer for kh2 on tv which had scenes from the battle of 1000 heartless and it looked like the disney characters were battling it out then i got kh2 and thought it was even better and COM's gameplay i thought was pretty fun but sometimes annoyingly challenging and a good change but then again i played the games in this order kh2>kh1>days>com so ye thats a pretty messed up order lol

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member

I'd like to point out these facts:
-You can have good graphics in a good game
-You can have good graphics in an bad game
-You can have bad graphics in a good game
-You can have bad graphics in a bad game

Gameplay > Graphics

If games were cake, then graphics are icing.
And a cake can taste horrible, even though the icing looks very nice.
But the cake can taste good, even though the icing is just thrown on.

And BBS is a great game with great graphics, so, it's the cake that tastes good, and was decorated with icing nicely.
this is exactly what i think. one of the greatest posts i have seen so far, good job.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

they way i got into kh was really nothing to do with the plot since i didn't know it was because i saw a trailer for kh2 on tv which had scenes from the battle of 1000 heartless and it looked like the disney characters were battling it out then i got kh2 and thought it was even better and COM's gameplay i thought was pretty fun but sometimes annoyingly challenging and a good change but then again i played the games in this order kh2>kh1>days>com so ye thats a pretty messed up order lol

I've been following the series myself since KH1 was first released; at first I was a little intrigued that Final Fantasy and Disney could team up, and then when I read about the plot I was like, "MUST. BUY."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back