• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Trailer (now with Simple and Clean!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Re: Final Trailer Here (7:11)

Hey! I wanted to marry the comment!!!!

Fine...all just have an affair with it...

Or the three of you could just move to Utah.

Oh, I think I have it figured out. Corey Burton is a troll. They put him in to trick fans.
I don't think Burton's the troll so much as the director wanted to do something for the lulz. "LOL HAY U GAIZ, WE'RE GONNA SCREW WITH THE FANS' MINDS. LOLOLOLOLOL."

Either that or Christopher Lee hates us all...

Z3N

I keep finding myself in The World That Never Was.

I'm very thrilled with the new trailer, despite a few things I'm not too happy about. :)

Good:
- Terra's VA seems to be appealing more to me, despite the juvenile/whiny tone it tends to pitch. (The scream was awesome! :D)
- Ven. Jesse, hell yeah! (Though for some reason he seems a bit better at portraying Roxas...but still wonderfully portrays Ven. :D)
- Lea and Isa. Honestly they sounded great. :) Thornton and Flynn are excellent. -dreamy sigh-
- Braig. Ahahaha. I love him and his...Braig-ness... :D
- Vanitas. Probably my FAVORITE part of the entire 7:11 was that laugh. It felt right. :) He nailed it. <3 (And he's my favorite of the VA's so far for this game. :) )
- Master Xehanort's growing on me. Totally different from the Japanese version, but still good. He really is portrayed as just some feeble old guy. >_>; Don't trust that. Never trust the old guys! :x
- Iwan was brilliant! Couldn't tell it wasn't Alwine. :)
- I actually like Corey Burton. :/ He's not half bad, and at least he's decent as DiZ/AtW.
- And Riku sounds like all little kids do. Yes, even little boys sound high-pitched and adorable at that age. :D

Everything Else:
- I'm sorry, but despite it all, I can't STAND Aqua's VA, which is causing me to lose appeal in her character. (I know it's shallow, gimme a break. :/ Part of a character, for me, is a voice that portrays the emotion, the personality, etc.) There are some good scenes (a few very good ones actually), and then there are scenes where I'd rather listen to Stoner portraying Kairi and Xion for hours on end to avoid hearing her. The whole "Master Aqua" line killed me a bit. :( Pitty. I was excited and hoping for her to nail it. Guess I shouldn't have had my hopes up. We'll see. She may grow on me. Not sure.
- Though Hamill(sp?) is good, his portrayel doesn't quite match up to the character I pictured Eraqus to be. Heh. Ah well. At least he's a good VA? He'll grow on me I'm sure.
- Dillan and Aeleus. Ahahaha. I got a good chuckle out of them. I don't hate them...just not what I expected. Heh.
- Even doesn't freak me out so much. >_>;;;
- Terra still has his whiny moments. Yeesh. Grow a pair dude, kthnx. >_>

Just my two-cents. :) Everything I posted is exclusively MY opinion, and that won't change. :)

Awards

Terra: Sounds way too young for someone of that body build and age (though now that I've learned it's a flashback, you can cross it out). Otherwise - ♥.
Aqua: I don't get the complaints. She could put more emotion in her voice sometimes, yeah, but she actually did rather well. Even when Zack asked her for a date - she sounded like any girl caught off guard would. The only line I hated was the "Master Aqua" one. That was incredibly lame for something that was supposed to be delivered with confidence, strength, and determination.
Ventus: ♥♥
- I like how Jesse can harbor different tones for the different characters. Roxas, even when cheerful, was always sort of low on voice, like he was relaxing in the most calmest way despite that he was laughing and enjoying himself. He was also more serious. To put it short: Ventus sounds like he has a great zest for life while Roxas seems to be more "meh, life, it exists, let's waste the day".
Vanitas: ♥♥
MX: I think people aren't used to Nimoy's type of voice, because it really isn't bad when delivered. It sounds awesome.
ME: Sort of fits, sort of doesn't. But great.
Past Org. members: Good. Isa and Lea sounded great (though I wonder why they made Lea say "Get it memorized"). Vexen...was Vexen. Dilan and Aeleus sounded alright, not the best. I could barely hear Braig. Ienzo never speaks, so....
Mickey: I can tell it's not the same VA, actually. Other than that, there's no difference whatsoever.
Riku: Sounds like a four year old.

I actually was going in here to post my impression.
I swear you performed extraction on me.

Overall, my impression was very positive.
I'd like to add a few points though:
- I was impressed with some of those make-or-break lines. The ones you know will require a lot of intensity from the VA, and that'll either come off as epic or awkward. Terra's scream was perfect and Vanitas' laugh was great. I know many thought the Japanese laugh was "better," but, actually, when I first heard it, I found it pretty awkward, almost too exaggerated (not surprising considering that Nomura said his VA was relishing the evil role). I think fans embrace it because it's so eccentric. Had HJO tried sounding that high pitched, it would have probably stuck out like a sore thumb.
- On the other hand, I agree with you on Aqua's "Master Aqua" line. And I'd add that Ven's "My friends are my power" line came across as a bit underwhelming. They didn't sound passionate enough. I really wished they could go back and redub them but at this stage in the game, it's obvious that they're done with the VA's. Though it doesn't really surprise me in Ven's case since I also thought McCartney was lacking in the intensity department for Roxas in Days ("I am me! Nobody else!").
- For some reason I really enjoyed how Pete embellished on "Jee-uh-stice." xD
- Dilan and Elaeus' shouts did come across sounding funny. But from the earlier trailer, it definitely sounds like the same VAs. Not that big of a deal though. I mean, they're only in a couple cutscenes anyway.

Ansem: Good. Very good.

This is the only thing I disagree on. Take out the very. He's good. Just good. Certainly not great.
I guess this is like a Zane/Epcar argument but, goddammit, once you go Christopher Lee, you never go back.

I freaking worshiped the guy in KH2. Absolutely loved his line delivery. It wasn't a big deal for me that he didn't voice in Re:CoM since I was never interested in the English release anyway. To be fair, Corey Burton did more than just a passable job.
But for a main installment like BbS, I want the A-listers.

That speech by AtW (who's one of my favorite characters) consists of the most epic dialogue he's had in the series. Maybe even the most epic speech in the series, period.
So it's just disheartening that I won't be hearing his voice deliver it.

Last edited:

Radon

mofo

Didn't mind the VAing. There was the odd weird sounding bit, but I think it was fine.

But really, WHATS THIS SHIT BALLS MUSIC!! WHERES MY SIMPLE AND CLEAN?!

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Didn't mind the VAing. There was the odd weird sounding bit, but I think it was fine.

I wouldn't have minded the music that much if it wasn't so damn loud. Some of the lines you could barely hear.

And for the record, after this trailer, Vanitas is really starting to grow on me, even if he did fail at his creepy-ass laugh.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

what

that theme was good

unexpected, sure

but good

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

I freaking worshiped the guy in KH2. Absolutely loved his line delivery. It wasn't a big deal for me that he didn't voice in Re:CoM since I was never interested in the English release anyway. To be fair, Corey Burton did more than just a passable job.

That speech by AtW (who's one of my favorite characters) consists of the most epic dialogue he's had in the series. Maybe even the most epic speech in the series, period.
I very much agree with this. It's a real shame he won't be doing that speech. =/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I actually was going in here to post my impression.
I swear you performed extraction on me.

Overall, my impression was very positive.
I'd like to add a few points though:
- I was impressed with some of those make-or-break lines. The ones you know will require a lot of intensity from the VA, and that'll either come off as epic or awkward. Terra's scream was perfect and Vanitas' laugh was great. I know many thought the Japanese laugh was "better," but, actually, when I first heard it, I found it pretty awkward, almost too exaggerated (not surprising considering that Nomura said his VA was relishing the evil role). I think fans embrace it because it's so eccentric. Had HJO tried sounding that high pitched, it would have probably stuck out like a sore thumb.
- On the other hand, I agree with you on Aqua's "Master Aqua" line. And I'd add that Ven's "My friends are my power" line came across as a bit underwhelming. They didn't sound passionate enough. I really wished they could go back and redub them but at this stage in the game, it's obvious that they're done with the VA's. Though it doesn't really surprise me in Ven's case since I also thought McCartney was lacking in the intensity department for Roxas in Days ("I am me! Nobody else!").
- For some reason I really enjoyed how Pete embellished on "Jee-uh-stice." xD
- Dilan and Elaeus' shouts did come across sounding funny. But from the earlier trailer, it definitely sounds like the same VAs. Not that big of a deal though. I mean, they're only in a couple cutscenes anyway.

This is the only thing I disagree on. Take out the very. He's good. Just good. Certainly not great.
I guess this is like a Zane/Epcar argument but, goddammit, once you go Christopher Lee, you never go back.

If I could marry this comment as well, I would. But I don't do polygamy.

YES. WHERE IS IT?

I wouldn't have minded the music that much if it wasn't so damn loud. Some of the lines you could barely hear.

And for the record, after this trailer, Vanitas is really starting to grow on me, even if he did fail at his creepy-ass laugh.

Yeah. Like I said earlier, SE needs to fire whoever did the encoding or made the trailer because it was all kinds of bad. There wee two time there was just black screen, the sound was too loud on the music and too low on the voices, and there was yet again a lack of BG sounds like summoning the keyblade. And the audio played over a voice clip and abruptly changed.

Gods. I'd do a better job. They need that person to take a Film Production class and learn how to edit.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Can I quote that in my sig?
Because that's just hilarious and I agree 100%

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Well he's better than Burton. Either that or we're just biased, just like we were with Zane vs. Epcar (my friends were bitching about that one for almost a week).

what

that theme was good

unexpected, sure

but good

I don't think it was the music itself so much as it was so loud you could hardly hear the lines.

Wheels

I looked up the latin pronounciation for Vanitas, so I wasn't expecting anything different

As for the trailer, hated the editing, I actually wanted to HEAR the voices >_< But from what I did hear, I've now decided. I, in varying degrees, like everyone we've heard so far ^_^ And I liked Vanitas' laugh, it freaked me out the first time I heard it, as I was looking away for a second, and I wasn't expecting it XD I can't wait for this game!!

AkiraKiyoshi

Awards
Website
aka-kami.deviantart.com

You know what... I truly believe the reason some people hate some actors is because people were so used to the Japanese voices for over 2 years (I believe the beta trailer with voices was released in 2008) that they think anything different just sounds odd.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU FOR THIS?

Personally, i was disappointed with how the VAs sounded, but about an hour later i thought... "What would it have been like if I didn't listen to the Japanese voice actors first?"

And what you said was the conclusion I came up with.

Seriously, people should try not hating on something just because they're used to the version before it D:

The VAs would probably grow on me after hours of playing the english version, just like how the japanese VAs for the japanese RE:CoM did with me (i played the japanese version first and found sora's voice funky. But hours later it felt like there wasn't anything wrong with it *3*)

eclaire21

The place where Paradise Drop-outs are dumped ~ RE

Thanks for posting the new trailer.

Weee! Now, I'm really excited. It's only less than a month.

I don't get why some people judge the voice acting based on the trailer. You can't expect much from a trailer. You might also be used to the Japanese voices so it sounds a little bit weird. At least, we finally get to hear them in English. Maybe they'll sound better in the actual game. I didn't like the fact that we couldn't hear some of their lines because of the music, but nonetheless it's still epic.

^^

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Seriously, people should try not hating on something just because they're used to the version before it D:

It's called bias. We all have it, no matter how open-minded we try to be. We can give the other version a chance, sure, but we're still going to be a little bit biased towards the first version.

αsiя

space coke

skyfoxx said:
You know what... I truly believe the reason some people hate some actors is because people were so used to the Japanese voices for over 2 years (I believe the beta trailer with voices was released in 2008) that they think anything different just sounds odd.

Some of that is true, but there is a difference between getting used to the VA's and noticing the VA's actual lack in performance. The only people that fall in that category is Aqua's VA and Terra's VA. Terra with his childish voice (yes okay it's a flashback but I don't remember it being 4 years back, also it was stupid for them to not change Terra's character model but make his sound like a teen, but I would still like to know where it says it's 4 years back) and some sort of lack of emotion in some scenes, BUT he did nail the ending part. Aqua's VA fits Aqua and it was a great choice in terms of fitting Aqua's character, BUT she lacks in emotion IMO, she comes off as awkward, reading the lines, and just not giving a damn, I think she's going to be the most awkward out of all.

The only people that I say that I sorta didn't like because I was used to the Japanese version are Master Xehanort and Master Eraqus. I hated Nimoy as MX but that was because I wanted it to sound like the Japanese version but now I gotten used to it, the same goes for Eraqus (I'm still trying to adjust myself with him but Hamill still pulls off a good performance.)

Everyone else came off as expected, except Ansem the Wise but that's just because I wanted you know who.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back