• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

soo a few things i didn't get(spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans4

anyway, first of all what was with the popsicle stick that said "WINNER" on it? what was the point? was it like saying he was a WINNER for having axel as a friend or something? and my other question is...uhhhhh xion going insane at the end? were the developers just out of idea's or, more likely, on something? she just turns into this big beast thing and can walk on air for no reason? and why did she try and kill roxas....and why did she turn to ice when she died? the ending was REALLY screwed up in my opinion.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
lol no. It's an emotional subplot. "WINNER" means he basically just gets a free Sea-Salt Ice Cream (it's something from the KH2 novels I believe). The point was, he brought it up a lot in his diaries that he was going to ask Axel what it was about, but he never did. It's just something to add to their friendship and what not.

Xion had to pretend to want to kill Roxas so that he would destroy her. The Organization was going to use her to absorb Roxas and she couldn't let that happen, so she let Roxas destroy her so she could go back to Sora. The armor thing is a callback to BBS/KH2 and she gained the abilities because of the machines that Saix set up to absorb memories from certain locations.

She turned into ice at the end, presumably, because she was a replica made by Vexen. Also, in Japan, crystal are often associated with memories, which is what Xion was.

AlbertJ

Awards
Roxas gave Axel the stick that said "winner" on it because he was leaving and wouldnt use it. And I think it was his way of showing appreciation for all that Axel did for him. And the at the end, Xemnas transformed Xion into the "big beast" thing in order for her to absorb Roxas but it didnt work.

AlbertJ

Awards
Roxas could still go back to being a part of Sora. If Xion absorbed him, that wouldnt happen and the Org would always have her.

bryanbryan

I think the "Winner" stick scene meant some people don't know what they have until it's gone. Well that's how I perceived it as.
Or that Axel won by not telling him the secrets he kept from Roxas. btw i just thought of that one. hahah. Thinking too deep. :p

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
lol no. It's an emotional subplot. "WINNER" means he basically just gets a free Sea-Salt Ice Cream (it's something from the KH2 novels I believe). The point was, he brought it up a lot in his diaries that he was going to ask Axel what it was about, but he never did. It's just something to add to their friendship and what not.

Pretty much this. In a short story book published while Days was being finished and written by the scenario writer for Days, there were several mentions of a white envelope that Axel looked at sadly and carried around while he was being ordered to kill Roxas. Playing Days reveals this to be the winner stick.

Roxas had been saving this stick all along to share with Axel. At first he was saving it up to have just with Axel. Then he started to care about Xion too, and he wanted to wait until he had another one before he used it. It was kind of a symbol of the difficult balance in a group of three. In the end, though, no one got free ice cream. Roxas left, and he left it with Axel. I think it then to Axel it became a symbol of the loose threads between him and Roxas, like, things they promised to do and never got to in the end.

I'm not quite sure what Roxas meant by leaving it, though.
+here, you take it, i'm not going to need it cause i'm out of here
+have this, i still kind of care about you despite everything and i wanted to give you free ice cream
+have this dickface, it's your 'reward' for being a backstabbing liar
+have this to remember me by

etc etc etc
lol

Dross263

anyway, first of all what was with the popsicle stick that said "WINNER" on it? what was the point? was it like saying he was a WINNER for having axel as a friend or something? and my other question is...uhhhhh xion going insane at the end? were the developers just out of idea's or, more likely, on something? she just turns into this big beast thing and can walk on air for no reason? and why did she try and kill roxas....and why did she turn to ice when she died? the ending was REALLY screwed up in my opinion.

I think he left the stick with Axel just to give something to him before leaving...

Xion tried to kill Roxas so that she could stop him from screwing up everything and they both could go back to Sora and he could be finally awaken...

She turned into ice? I was sure she had turned into glass or crystal, because, what's a mirror made of? Glass, and she turning into glass and then breaking, symbolized 'a breaking mirror' wich she was, because she is a mirror of Sora and Roxas, and you know... Breaking? Dying? Same thing.

In_a_Quandary

Useless comment alert: I personally believe that Roxas gave Axel the WINNER stick to commemorate the friendship between them before it fractured.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
i thought it was just Roxas way of finishing things. not leaving them hanging. He was gonna give Axel the WINNER stick, but never got the chance. Now that he was leaving he knew he was never gonna get the chance after words, especially if Axel was gonna be asked to take him out (seein how Axel is literally the hit-man for the Org. XIII) so it was just Roxas giving it to him because he wouldn't be able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back