• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

never played FF ._.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

well, i really like the graphics and the stories, especially FFVII... but ive never played one except a FFII or III demo when i was wayyy younger... could you guys give me some tips on how to get started?

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
ive never played one either

except for my life as a king lol

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, I suggest you start out with Final Fantasy X. It has nice graphics and it'll be easier to find. What I mean by easier to find is the playstation 1's FFs are hard to find in stores, but you can find them online. Really, you can start out with whatever Final Fantasy game you like. If you don't want to try FFX, I recommend you read some info about FF games and see which one excites you the most.

I know you're going to enjoy your first FF. I know I did!

αsiя

space coke
If you have a SNES/Gameboy/DS lite, I strongly recommend FFVI, you can also try out FFIV but I've never plated that one. If you have a PS1/PSP/PS3 then get FFVII (since you're already somewhat familiar with it) FFIX, FF:Tactics, and FF1. If you have a PS2 then try out FFX.

But my top recommendations are FF6,FF7, and FF9.

impart

Climb The Sky
play FFIX

its pefict
you learn the basics, and about the FF world.
Its not too easy, or too hard
it was my first FF game

Coeurl

Demon Dance
depends on what consoles/handhelds you have. but like GrimReaper said, the ones on PS2 are easier to find so you could get them first.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Well, I suggest you start out with Final Fantasy X. It has nice graphics and it'll be easier to find. What I mean by easier to find is the playstation 1's FFs are hard to find in stores, but you can find them online. Really, you can start out with whatever Final Fantasy game you like. If you don't want to try FFX, I recommend you read some info about FF games and see which one excites you the most.

I know you're going to enjoy your first FF. I know I did!

Fry's Electronics seems to be the easiest place to find Playstation 1 FF's. I was able to buy Final Fantasy Chronicles and Final Fantasy Origins there. Unfortunately, the only PS1 FFs they sell are I, II, IV, V, and VI (all remakes for PS1). VII, VIII, and IX are very difficult to find these days.

play FFIX

its pefict
you learn the basics, and about the FF world.
Its not too easy, or too hard
it was my first FF game

that was my first, too. :3 Well, technically the demo version of FF8 was my first lol. But FF9 was the first full FF game I bought. It is a nice balance, and it's also the cutest FF game I've ever played.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I think that whatever you go with, you'll find yourself being disappointed later on as you delve into the series. What I mean to say is that let's say you start off with VII and X. Chances are that you'll find the earlier games to be a bit lackluster later on. If you start off with say IV and VI, it's likely that you'll be discombobulated with the later installments, and you'll miss the medieval tone. Those are just a couple examples, and I could be completely wrong, but I think that the series is so flexible that it's nearly impossible for every game to please every fan. That said, I suggest starting with FFIX, but there's no 'best' one to start off with. The reason why is say IX (if you can get your hands on a copy) is because it's probably the closest medium. It still has the classic FF feel, but it's dealing with the Playstation and its 3D characters, and more involved plot that's typical of the later games (as opposed to FFII or FFIII for example.) And, speaking of being a 'medium,' the PS1 is a good console with which you can get yourself situated with the series, considering it ranges from the NES to the PS3/X Box 360.

Masamune

Big Boss
Start of with FFX. That was my first as well. You'll be a n00b like Tidus.

Dancewaterdance!

I say if you want to get a slow start into the game, I'd start with FFIV. The game is pretty much the standard, with the somewhat compelling but totally predictable story, somewhat decent characters, and one of the simplest leveling systems in the franchise. (Fight, level up, and if it's a mage learn spells)

Masamune

Big Boss
I say if you want to get a slow start into the game, I'd start with FFIV. The game is pretty much the standard, with the somewhat compelling but totally predictable story, somewhat decent characters, and one of the simplest leveling systems in the franchise. (Fight, level up, and if it's a mage learn spells)

LOL. It doesn't get simpler than that

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
what youve never played final fantasy

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH U !!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, i really like the graphics and the stories, especially FFVII... but ive never played one except a FFII or III demo when i was wayyy younger... could you guys give me some tips on how to get started?

Soooo ya.

MynameisVentus12

Website
www.geniusanimation.weebly.com
I'm new to Final Fantasy and need some help.

ok, so the only ff's that I've played are the old Final Fantasy I for mobile, (briefly) and a psp demo of dissidia.
I love KH though. So I wanted to get one of the newest ones, but my
360 broke, I don't have a PS3, but I have a psp, wii, dsi, and ps2.
so I was gonna get xii. So what is the best one for me to get?

Sham: Just gonna merge your thread into an earlier one. ;)

keybladealex

Re: I'm new to Final Fantasy and need some help.

You should probably get XII. It has good graphics (duh, it's SE) and the game play of it mainly represents KH, if you count out Dissidia. You can run from the battles and they stay on the screen that you are so you can see what you are up against. I haven't played any for the Wii even though they look awesome.

To sum it up:
PSP-Dissidia which is closest to KH.
Wii- I don't know.
DS- I rather enjoy FFIV.
PS2- FFXII cause it's the second closest to KH that I've played.

I just posted this rather quickly so if it doesn't make a lot of sense, then sorry.

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
each FF has it's own story and own world, so you could start with any. if you have PS2 i suggest ff7,8,9,10, 10-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back