• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Here you go :D

Oh okay.....I did get the dialouge wrong....I'll change that.

But ya, that's the scene I was talking about.

SIDE NOTE:::::

The Gamespot Exclusive, has different dialouge than the E3.

At 0:29 in the Gamespot Exclusive, MX says "Seek out the darkness that upsets the balance"

But in the E3 Trailer,

At 3:45, MX says "Darkness can not be destroyed...it can only be channeled"

It's the same scene, but different dialouge.

Here's the E3 Trailer-----

[video=youtube;j16Wd_fIAKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j16Wd_fIAKE[/video]

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

SIDE NOTE:::::

The Gamespot Exclusive, has different dialouge than the E3.

At 0:29 in the Gamespot Exclusive, MX says "Seek out the darkness that upsets the balance"

But in the E3 Trailer,

At 3:45, MX says "Darkness can not be destroyed...it can only be channeled"

It's the same scene, but different dialouge.

Here's the E3 Trailer-----

[video=youtube;j16Wd_fIAKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j16Wd_fIAKE[/video]

That's just an editting trick that trailer makers do when they use different lines and put them in different scenes. You see it all the time in movie trailers.

Sempied said:
It's not "emotionless" per say to that Cinderella "Strength of heart" line, but that he sounds to young. Especially from the Command Board, and "You, Me, and Ven all share the same dream". People (Haters) have even gone far enough to say Justin Bieber sound better than him. While the haters aside I can agree somewhat on the "Young" part.

I highly disagree. I don't think Terra sounds that young at all. Terra is about 18-19 so I honestly think the voice fits him perfectly. And comparing him to Justin Bieber is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over exaggerated. To be honest, I always felt the Japanese version sounds too old. He makes Terra sound like he's in his 30s or something, he didn't sound like a normal 18 year old. With the English version, it sounds exactly like his age in my opinion. Keep in mind that 18 is still young.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

That's just an editting trick that trailer makers do when they use different lines and put them in different scenes. You see it all the time in movie trailers.

I highly disagree. I don't think Terra sounds that young at all. Terra is about 18-19 so I honestly think the voice fits him perfectly. And comparing him to Justin Bieber is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over exaggerated. To be honest, I always felt the Japanese version sounds too old. He makes Terra sound like he's in his 30s or something, he didn't sound like a normal 18 year old. With the English version, it sounds exactly like his age in my opinion. Keep in mind that 18 is still young.

Ohhhhhh....alright, I haven't really seen that done before though haha.

And I thought Terra was 19? (Oh well, whatever)

Either way, I agree with you that his voice sounds good for his age.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Lol Justin Bieber xD

Agreed. I'm glad the voice brings out his personality and character rather than basing it on his appearance.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Ohhhhhh....alright, I haven't really seen that done before though haha.

And I thought Terra was 19? (Oh well, whatever)

Either way, I agree with you that his voice sounds good for his age.

Terra's my age, give or take a year.

New to me! I like Terra's voice actually.

I do too. :D I can't wait to hear him in-game; he'll sound so much better.

Sempied

I'm gonna try not to compare it to the Japanese version. Aside from the ridiculous Justin Bieber thang, I still can't digress, while Terra is 20-21 actually, sure he based on the buff appearance, but even so for one the most ripped KH characters you'd expect something less young than that. No it doesn't have to be deep, but really if it sounds that far off so far I can't see why you see it's good.

Even when reflected by personality, and character this is much more far off from what i've heard thus far.

It's funny because here everyone is getting to the voice, but on the other hand on another forum everyone likes the voice, BUT Terra.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It's funny because here everyone is getting to the voice, but on the other hand on another forum everyone likes the voice, BUT Terra.

Just out of curiosity, which forum would that be?

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I think more people were bitching about Aqua's VA than they were about Terra's.

Exactly. I actually read a stupid comment on youtube (I don't know why I still read the comments of ignorance...) and it said "Aqua sounds like Miley Cyrus!" *facepalm* Oh yeah, because they sound SOOOO alike (Not!)

MomentoMori said:
Of course, it's the KH fandom. Bitching is a requirement.

That's more like a requirement for every single fanbase ever.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Exactly. I actually read a stupid comment on youtube (I don't know why I still read the comments of ignorance...) and it said "Aqua sounds like Miley Cyrus!" *facepalm* Oh yeah, because they sound SOOOO alike (Not!)

That's more like a requirement for every single fanbase ever.

Aqua may sound a little...erm, off...in the trailers, but dammit, she sounds *nothing* like a trashy redneck!

Especially KH. Ever notice that we tend to watch trailers and pick them apart to find something to bitch about? It's a fandom-wide pasttime.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I know I have said this a lot in the past... but this really reminds me of the Sonic fanbase.

So that's what the fandumb was reminding me of!

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

Cut him a break, if he had to ask he probably didn't know what Hammil sounded like.

I know what he sounds like, but I've yet to see any of the English trailers. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back