• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm sure this has been done a million times, but...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eyesore

Do any of you feel that making Triangle the god of KH2 was a 'bad' move?
I like KH2 more than the first, but I can understand where the naysayers are coming from.
It kind makes it...Dull? And repetitive.
I mean, at least switch up the special-attacks...

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Having looked on CoM's introduction of the triangle I have to say I don't think it's necessarily the triangle that ruins the game play. I really think it's just an issue of Sora being way too overpowered or the enemies being way too weak. I'm of the opinion now that the triangle adds another element to game play as opposed to old-fashioned X-bashing in the first game; the only problem is that there is no threat in the second game that you have to dodge and hold back, etc.

magic713

Awards
Oh yeah, the reaction button made the game way too easy. I'm not saying that it should exist, but they should have kept to for the really difficult enemies or bosses. I was especially annoyed during the battle of 1000 heartless, when all you had to do was rapidly press the Triangle button and it was over under 3 minutes, after making the battle it look so epic at first glance.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I dont really like them. I like the way they look but they make the game extremely easy. Defensive ones were fine though and saved me loads of headaches when I completed my level 1 run.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I never even noticed the reaction commands doing that much damage to call it "being god" or whatever. It felt similar to me as pressing "x", but made the battles a bit more interesting with the added cinematics.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Oh yeah, the reaction button made the game way too easy. I'm not saying that it should exist, but they should have kept to for the really difficult enemies or bosses. I was especially annoyed during the battle of 1000 heartless, when all you had to do was rapidly press the Triangle button and it was over under 3 minutes, after making the battle it look so epic at first glance.

This, pretty much. When I first played KH2, I kinda sucked at using the reaction command during the 1000 Heartless Battle, lol so I did it the hard way and killed the Heartless with using minimal reaction command. My third play-through, I completely used the reaction command, and it wasn't as epic as the first time I fought the 1000 Heartless. I think it took me about 30 minutes on my first try; second, I can't remember. Third, psssh about 5 minutes.

Silfarion

NO. Reaction command is a very good command. Indeed, it is very over powered, but it makes the combat more realistic and as other people said, none-x-repetitive.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
/\ was good when you where fighting small heartless but on bosses they should just have used it to start the special attack, now it's pointless

RikusApprentice

If u look very closely, Im in the corner of the sc
The idea of a reaction command is great but it doesn't really fit into the style of KH. In Kh1 it was more of a hack and slash style of compat that wasn't made to look pretty but it enabled you to attack then retreat to avoid attacks. The reaction command tried to make the gameplay smoother and cooler to look at but in the end they just made it too strong which made the game too easy.

Silfarion

The idea of a reaction command is great but it doesn't really fit into the style of KH. In Kh1 it was more of a hack and slash style of compat that wasn't made to look pretty but it enabled you to attack then retreat to avoid attacks. The reaction command tried to make the gameplay smoother and cooler to look at but in the end they just made it too strong which made the game too easy.

That's sorta true. I think it would've been better if they made the reaction command much weaker; just slightly stronger than normal attacks, or make it much harder to activate.

Raebus

NO. Reaction command is a very good command. Indeed, it is very over powered, but it makes the combat more realistic and as other people said, none-x-repetitive.

How does it make the combat more realistic?

Silfarion

How does it make the combat more realistic?

No one actually only hacks-and-slashes in a real combat. They can dodge, or they can counteract enemy's attack with their own or backfiring the enemies attack. Thus, the combat is MUCH more realistic with reaction commands. Think about it, no one just go slashing everywhere in the middle of a combat zone. They'll try to dodge, evade, or counteract enemy's attacks.

HeartsLight

No one actually only hacks-and-slashes in a real combat. They can dodge, or they can counteract enemy's attack with their own or backfiring the enemies attack. Thus, the combat is MUCH more realistic with reaction commands. Think about it, no one just go slashing everywhere in the middle of a combat zone. They'll try to dodge, evade, or counteract enemy's attacks.
Actually that's inaccurate. Speaking as a practicing martial artist, in a fight or even in sparring most thought simply goes out the window so to speak. You dodge and block and evade where you can, but there's only so much of that you can do. It's better to just get in there and do whatever damage you can as fast as you can and get out of there. And there's nothing more ridiculous to watch than someone who jumps and prances around wasting their energy and doing very little in the process (unless your sole intent is to psych your opponent out).
In fact if you watch a match in martial arts you'll notice that they tend to circle and move around a lot, then one or the other of the fighters (or more, a fight isn't restricted to two participants) will move in and make a series of strikes and blocks and such and then back off. From a realistic standpoint, KH1 was more accurate in my opinion. Not that I don't like the reaction commands. They look cool and tend to take the monotony out of the button mashing fights.

Izayoi

galactic cancer

This doesn't account for the "realistic" Reaction Commands that have you flying and swooping and slicing buildings in half.

Silfarion

This doesn't account for the "realistic" Reaction Commands that have you flying and swooping and slicing buildings in half.

Well, does evading enemies have to do with cutting buildings in half? I don't see any reason that is actually supposed to be part of the reaction command. When I first played KH2, I was like, "What the hell does cutting buildings have to do with reactions?"

Actually that's inaccurate. Speaking as a practicing martial artist, in a fight or even in sparring most thought simply goes out the window so to speak. You dodge and block and evade where you can, but there's only so much of that you can do. It's better to just get in there and do whatever damage you can as fast as you can and get out of there. And there's nothing more ridiculous to watch than someone who jumps and prances around wasting their energy and doing very little in the process (unless your sole intent is to psych your opponent out).
In fact if you watch a match in martial arts you'll notice that they tend to circle and move around a lot, then one or the other of the fighters (or more, a fight isn't restricted to two participants) will move in and make a series of strikes and blocks and such and then back off. From a realistic standpoint, KH1 was more accurate in my opinion. Not that I don't like the reaction commands. They look cool and tend to take the monotony out of the button mashing fights.

Well, think KH2 as automatic combat system and KH1 and manual combat system. And what you said does not apply to every single martial arts. Yes, I may not know what martial art you are doing, but I'm pretty sure you don't know every single martial arts in existence. Some martial arts practice in backfiring enemy's attack, or evading as much as possible and attacking blind points of enemies. And besides, Sora is not a martial artist, he barely even know how to use keyblade to full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back