• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D, Tetsuya Nomura, full interview.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigZag

At first I thought it would be a stupid idea of Nomura creating another side story, but now I have to say that it sounds pretty interesting...

darkheart709

Bronze Member
At first I thought it would be a stupid idea of Nomura creating another side story, but now I have to say that it sounds pretty interesting...

we don't know if its a side story in the same sense as days, it could be as important as com for all we know

State

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
For this post:
  • Italics means sarcasm
- KH3D was created after Nintendo approached Tetsuya Nomura. Nomura has a unique idea for this game.

Does this mean that Nomura just pulled this game out of his ass? I'm afraid that this might not end up a good title.

- KH3D will occur in the same timeline as current games.

That explains alot.

- The two main characters will be Sora and Riku. Throughout the game, the two appear to be "alternating", creating a system of two people.

So, I guess that means that we are able to switch between Sora and Riku in the same scenario. I hope that we will be able to do so freely, and that Nomura takes advantage of this feature in terms of accessable areas and puzzles among other things.

- This story is full of mystery, and will be beyond expectations. Due to the timeline, players will have to think hard about the idea, as to not be fooled.

Nomura already mentioned that this game would be something unbelieveable or something along those lines, but to have this game keep us guessing about the time this story takes place...

Now that takes the cake. This is going to be quite interesting.

- The player will realise the scenario in time, but for the meanwhile it will be a mystery twist.

Even the scenario is going to be something unpredictable? Wow. Just... Wow

- Nomura cannot reveal more information at this time.
- The 3D system will be taken advantage of, but more cannot be said at this time.

I kinda expected that. Though given what Nomura has already told us, we'd still be pretty confused even if he did give us a little more information.

- The theme of the game is "trust".

That makes this game sound even more interesting. I wonder how Nomura will work this theme into a story that's supposed to confuse the crap out of us at the very beginning. This story seems like it will be a noteworthy title at the moment. I can't wait to see what road this game will take.
s1keanureeves

Last edited:

zachen

Awards
Not too much "new" info from what most have already gathered form the trailer.
But I can't wait to see how "trust" comes in to play.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Whether or not it's a side story or not is unknown. A side story means that it has little to nothing to do with the major plot. So really, Kingdom Hearts never had any "side games" :/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wish people would stop saying side game. They are "side games" but they aren't side games. They are games you need to be able to understand the plot. If you don't play CoM, you are pretty much lost at who Namine is and why Sora is in a flower pod thing, or why Org XIII only has like seven people.

But I digress. >_>

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I wish people would stop saying side game. They are "side games" but they aren't side games. They are games you need to be able to understand the plot. If you don't play CoM, you are pretty much lost at who Namine is and why Sora is in a flower pod thing, or why Org XIII only has like seven people.

But I digress. >_>

Agreed. The problem is that some people assume that just because it's on a handheld suddenly makes it a "side game" or unimportant.

KeybladeBandit

I definitely lost a few brain cells reading this entire thread. God, people. But anyhow, the theme of "trust" is very interesting. I sincerely hope Nomura finally adds some depth to the characters. Give Sora an epiphany or let him and Rik have an argument for god sakes. Nobody is that perfect.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I definitely lost a few brain cells reading this entire thread. God, people. But anyhow, the theme of "trust" is very interesting. I sincerely hope Nomura finally adds some depth to the characters. Give Sora an epiphany or let him and Rik have an argument for god sakes. Nobody is that perfect.
Ummm Riku tried to kill him. Did you play KH1?

KeybladeBandit

Ummm Riku tried to kill him. Did you play KH1?

I guess I forgot that while playing KH2, where all that came out of Sora's mouth was corny one-dimensional lines. But yes, that is true about Riku. I forgot how much I liked the storyline and character development of KH1. KH2 blurred my memory.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I guess I forgot that while playing KH2, where all that came out of Sora's mouth was corny one-dimensional lines. But yes, that is true about Riku. I forgot how much I liked the storyline and character development of KH1. KH2 blurred my memory.
I don't get it Sora forgave Riku how is that one dimensional.

State

Awards
Personally, I'm thinking Riku's gonna get some kind of "jealousy urges" that are being urged by a Ansem SoD or Xemnas-look alike to Riku, but in reality, it's
Spoiler Spoiler Show
that's toying with his jealousy-sensible heart and making him loose trust from Sora. Sora notices this faintly and decided to talk things with Riku.

I bit off. xD

sonickenshin

Awards
"Trust" isn't exactly new to the series, but interesting to have it explored more. It'd be good to develop Sora and Riku's friendship a bit more. But, I detect another mindfuck...

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I don't get it Sora forgave Riku how is that one dimensional.

I don't get it either to be honest.

Seraph said:
Personally, I'm thinking Riku's gonna get some kind of "jealousy urges" that are being urged by a Ansem SoD or Xemnas-look alike to Riku, but in reality, it's Xehanort's complete form (heart, body and soul) that's toying with his jealousy-sensible heart and making him loose trust from Sora. Sora notices this faintly and decided to talk things with Riku.

I bit off. xD

FIXED. When you wright spoilers, you put an "s" at the end of "spoiler" otherwise it doesn't work.

Anyway, yeah, I think that may end up happening with Riku.

sonickenshin said:
But, I detect another mindfcuk...

This is definitely going to be the most confusing KH game ever.

VLR.XIII

man nomura how can people get excited for a game with no set timeline in a series. *sigh* epic fail.

Have you ever heard of 'The Legend of Zelda'?

Count yourself lucky before you start moaning about Kingdom Hearts' (very linear) timeline.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Have you ever heard of 'The Legend of Zelda'?

Count yourself lucky before you start moaning about Kingdom Hearts' (very linear) timeline.

Exactly. This has been brought up before on another thread but KH is very simple compared to LoZ. And that game hasn't had a sequel to the first game since never.

We are lucky we have games that take place after KHII and tell us they are going to go through KH1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back