• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What PSP?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagmare

So this is my first post here, but I've been lurking for a while.

I was wondering what would be the best PSP model to get for BBS and other games. I was just assuming the newest is the best (excluding the Go). But I wanna make sure before I buy an expensive handheld that I'm getting the most out of my money.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Personally, I'd recommend the 2000 over the 3000, in terms of aesthetics, as well as obviously being cheaper, should you find one brand new. Plus they'd be easier to crack, should you actually be interested in that, due to having a lower default Firmware to work with. Even if you don't crack it, it doesn't particularly matter, because each game comes with a Firmware version which is the latest at the time of release, so any PSP can be updated constantly.

Wheels

Only thing is if you get the 2000, you need a converter apparently, if you want to use headphones with it.

I'd recommend a used 3000 or 1000.

If you're looking to easily hack it, earlier models are much easier to hack than the later ones, for obvious reasons.

Or if you're in America and have the money, perhaps you should get the BbS PSP bundle.

Deathmore

Shinkirō;5188465 said:
Personally, I'd recommend the 2000 over the 3000, in terms of aesthetics, as well as obviously being cheaper, should you find one brand new. Plus they'd be easier to crack, should you actually be interested in that, due to having a lower default Firmware to work with. Even if you don't crack it, it doesn't particularly matter, because each game comes with a Firmware version which is the latest at the time of release, so any PSP can be updated constantly.

No brand new PSP 2000, 3000 and Go can be hacked to run CFW.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
^ Surely 2000s would, if they're just new in the box, but have been on the shelf for a while. Plus, new CFWs come out rather frequently, anyway.

Also, in relation to the headphones thing, I've never had an issue with them with my 2000, so I'm not sure what that's about.

Wheels

Shinkirō;5188547 said:
^ Surely 2000s would, if they're just new in the box, but have been on the shelf for a while. Plus, new CFWs come out rather frequently, anyway.

Also, in relation to the headphones thing, I've never had an issue with them with my 2000, so I'm not sure what that's about.
Someone else who has one in America needed to also buy a $20 adapter because headphones wouldn't go into the slot provided. We had the discussion on one of the other boards. Anyways, I have a 3000 myself, so I wouldn't know personally.

My final advice: Whatever's cheapest, all will play Birth By Sleep

Musical charm

eh, I have a 3000, but I don't know that much on whats better, so just believe on the other people, cause I don't know, but make sure not to get a go.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Well...honestly, the only reason you should get a 1000 is because it is cheaper. As for 2000 and 3000:

2000:
-Headphone problems on certain 2000's, not many, so this shouldn't deter you
-Cracking into the system is very simple and easy compared to later models
-Same size as 3000 and sometimes cheaper

3000:
-No headphone problems mentioned
-Not easy to crack, so get this if you don't want to try within near future (one day it may be just as easy as 2000)
-Screen is much nicer in terms of color. This was the main reason I got a 3000 because the color is both brighter and more vibrant from reviews I've read as I have never seen a 2000's screen, so I don't know how much brighter.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
If you are going for the cheapest model, get a PSP 1000. It is also the easiest model to put CFW on.

If you care about colors then get a 3000

Dross263

I got a PSP 1000 and I played BBS on it and it worked just fine, also, it's the easiest one to hack with CFW and you can do it with pandora, wich is waaaay better that the Chicken mod (PSP 3000) wich doesn't let you turn the PSP off without having to run again the hack to be able to read ISO games once again.

αsiя

space coke
Just get a 3000. I don't even think they sell a 1000 for 2000 anymore in stores. Just go with the 3000, but don't get it just for this game.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
αsiя;5189367 said:
Just get a 3000. I don't even think they sell a 1000 for 2000 anymore in stores. Just go with the 3000, but don't get it just for this game.

No they don't sell 1000 and 2000 in major retailers, but you can find them in small local shops and online a lot.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i think there are alot of reasons why...ff7Cc....ff dissidia....phantasy star portable and phantasy star portable 2 (if you like that type of game)....

and if you're a guy...maybe dead or alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back