• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Eyesight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Its been on my mind lately and its getting to me, I wear glasses and every year I go to the eye doctor to get my eyes checked and get new glasses but every year I go the lenses get thicker. I want to know how can I help my eyesight so I can see better/get thinner lenses, and keep my eyesight from getting worse again. I know spending to much time on the computer doesnt help so im starting to spend less time on it. Also, I heard carrots help but people say many things about it.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
There's basically nothing you can do to actually improve your vision (at least noticeably), without surgery.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Look up how to do eye exercises and such. Mostly working on the specifics of focussing it.

Don't take my word for exactly how to do it, but one is to hold your finger about six inches away from your face, and focus on it, then quickly try focussing something close to it, but back from it, and over time increase the distance to that far point.

impart

Climb The Sky
carrots dont improve your eyesight at all

but they DO improve your night vision. so they're still good for your eyes

uhhh I know there are vitamins you can prolly take like omega3 or some crap like that.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
I don't think you can reverse the effects of your vision without surgery. The best you can do is take care of your eyes now.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Ill look into the eye exercises but this really sucks if I cant get my eyesight better.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Make sure you are wearing your glasses when you're supposed to. Also, you may want to check out contacts if you don't like glasses.

Yeah I keep asking my dad about them but he never calls. Also, your supposed to take them(contacts) off for a while to let your eyes rest right?

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Oh yeah, don't wear your glasses all the time. Just wear it when you need to. If it is just for reading or watching TV, wear them. If not take it off because your eyes are adjusting to your glasses and then after awhile they get so used to it that you need to get thicker lenses. I have been wearing the same glasses prescription for years and I never needed to get a higher prescription.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah I keep asking my dad about them but he never calls. Also, your supposed to take them(contacts) off for a while to let your eyes rest right?

Yes, but I believe the time when you are sleeping is enough. I'm not sure. You could just ask your Eye doctor the next time you go about contacts.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh yeah, don't wear your glasses all the time. Just wear it when you need to. If it is just for reading or watching TV, wear them. If not take it off because your eyes are adjusting to your glasses and then after awhile they get so used to it that you need to get thicker lenses. I have been wearing the same glasses prescription for years and I never needed to get a higher prescription.

I'd suggest this as well. Personally, I've only had to wear glasses to see the board in class and whatnot, and I keep them off the rest of the time, and despite the insane amount of time I spend in front of the computer, my eyesight has improved bit by bit. According to my optometrist anyways.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
So besides keeping away from the computer and wearing my glasses when I need to, are there any other tips to helping my eyesight?

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards

Yeah, at night. They're very useful, just don't get water on them.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Um...mainly I'd suggest not wearing your glasses all the time, just when you need them; let your eyes rest when they can. If you're using electronics, especially at night, keep the light on in the room. I also find it helpful to also place a desk light next to the monitor to lessen the strain. Every now and then, also try to focus on objects at variating distances for about a minute to train your focus. And also, get plenty of rest.

There are also certain foods that are known for improving eyesight, particularly fish, which contain Omega-3 fatty acids, proven to be very beneficial for eyesight. Of course, nowadays there are also fish oil/omega-3 vitamins that can easily be found.

Right now, that's all I can think of.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Um...mainly I'd suggest not wearing your glasses all the time, just when you need them; let your eyes rest when they can. If you're using electronics, especially at night, keep the light on in the room. I also find it helpful to also place a desk light next to the monitor to lessen the strain. Every now and then, also try to focus on objects at variating distances for about a minute to train your focus. And also, get plenty of rest.

There are also certain foods that are known for improving eyesight, particularly fish, which contain Omega-3 fatty acids, proven to be very beneficial for eyesight. Of course, nowadays there are also fish oil/omega-3 vitamins that can easily be found.

Right now, that's all I can think of.

Everything in this post is wrong.

Sawah

unofficial HOTH
Awards
I love my glasses, I wear them every minute of everyday (other than sleeping~).

Of course, as Sabrina stated, staring at computer screens/television screens really strains your eyes. I'm reading in this article (Help Improve Eyesight Without Surgery) that every four hours take a one-hour break, to reduce strain.

Vitamins A, C, and E help eyesight as well.

Good luck with your eyesight! :D

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
My eyesight isnt very bad but its sort of hard to read things if they are a bit far away. So during the school year I use my contacts and during the summer I use my glasses.

O

Oberon

I would suggest not wearing them all the time, as some members have stated. Omega-3 fatty acids are the only other thing I've heard of (barring carrots, but it's not really that great) that can help vision.

To be honest I'm rather lazy about this stuff and every time I get a new lense prescription I need thicker lenses. I've been wanting to start the exercises and what not for focusing, not wearing my glasses all the time, etc, but I always forget. My eyesight is just so bad without them, it's really difficult to take them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back