• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New BBS Trailer and Nomura Interview!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortissimo

This trailer has rekindled my desire for this game and then some. My patience is running out!!!

Terra's voice is something I could get over. I've already gotten over Aquas, I'm actually starting to warm up to it.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Seriously, why the hell is everyone bashing Terra now. Lets see.. English Debut trailer.... quote: "OH MAH GAWD Xehanort's voice sucks"........ E3 trailer....quote: "OH MAH GAWD Xehanort's voice rules, but Aquas SUCKS..." Now this trailer... quote: "OH MAH GAWD AQUAS VOICE IS FINE, but Terra's is MEH." Anyone else see a pattern going here?

Welcome to the Kingdom Hearts Fanbase. We tend to pick apart trailers and find any reason to bitch.

Although some reasons are more warranted than others, I have to admit.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
MX sounds so many times better...as does everyone else.

Ven: "I'm asking you as a friend. Please...put an end to me"

Huh, I like "Erase me" or "Destroy me" better....IMO.

I like the ending...MX says that so fast, I laughed when I heard it.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Seriously, why the hell is everyone bashing Terra now. Lets see.. English Debut trailer.... quote: "OH MAH GAWD Xehanort's voice sucks"........ E3 trailer....quote: "OH MAH GAWD Xehanort's voice rules, but Aquas SUCKS..." Now this trailer... quote: "OH MAH GAWD AQUAS VOICE IS FINE, but Terra's is MEH." Anyone else see a pattern going here?

Lol my sentiments exactly.
I love how everybody Aqua's VA at first then shifted their hatred to Terra's VA.

I think Terra's voice has imporved much since the E3 trailer though and I don't think he sounds "emotionless" pre say, to me it sounds more like the VA is still just a tad bit uncompterable with his lines or some thing IMO. Like he's not sure what he's saying.

Over all I think all the VAs did a way better job then last time and the trailer was epic. Though when I first started watching the trailer and I saw Vanitas I expected him to talk first but then I heard old man Xehanrot speaking and I was like: "Wha-! Oh! O.0"

WaveK89

I tend to think having seen the game in Japanese has affected my perception of the English voice acting. Not that I am saying any of the voice acting is bad. However my expectations do fall short because of this. Some people may disagree, but I believe this is certainly a factor somewhere.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Welcome to the Kingdom Hearts Fanbase. We tend to pick apart trailers and find any reason to bitch.
This HAS to be my sig if you don't mind. ;) I giggled at how true this is. And truthfully I was one of the few people who liked all the VA's from the beginning.

Anyway, OMG that was an epic trailer. I actually obtained goosebumps. :D

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I think Terra's got the same problem in this trailer as Aqua did in the last trailer - one "meh" line bringing our entire impression of his acting down. =/ He'll probably sound better when we hear more of him, like everyone else.

Ven's "put an end to me" scene is so much sadder here than it was in the Japanese trailers. D= There's just something about the way Ven swats aside Aqua and Terra's hands that seems so hopeless, and all three of them look like they're fighting back tears. I'm not quite as convinced by the euphemism itself, but the pauses at least make it feel like Ven's the one beating around the bush rather than the censors (and I'm not sure there's a better option - "destroy" is so closely related to inanimate objects in my mind that it feels dehumanizing to use it in reference to a person, and "erase" isn't exactly general usage).

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Re: New Exclusive BBS Trailer

I havne't seen this one yet...so I think it is new...thanks so much!!!

"A key that opens the hearts of men, such a power I find fascinating" -Maleficent...lol, shes so desperate to find a guy XD

This a great trailer...there are a few that are able to give me goosebumps, and this is one of them...the ending is soooo good...I'M SO EXCITED!!!
Kinda ironic considering she gets stabbed by it in KH1.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I'd like to see proof on that, your either pretty bold, or pretty stupid to go that far.

Or...I know it's a strange concept but... it could be an opinion!
My line is at 1:50 in particular.

That line "What have I done...what have you done" was among the coldest, most emotionally soulless lines of voice acting I've ever heard in a movie or video game. It was beyond terrible. Whoever's directing the localization is butchering the dialogue in some parts. It's like they didn't tell the voice actor that the scene involved Terra doing something REALLY BAD and regretting it. It's like he read the line out-loud for the first time, by accident, and they recorded it and kept it.

My general pattern has pretty much been "the voice acting sucks".

Aqua's okay, Jesse McCartney's the same as ever (so seemingly the best of the bunch) and Leonard Nimoy is top-tier talent, but it's wasted on a terribly out-of-place gravely voice.

Regardless, the awkward line delivery is rampant in this KH iteration, as is expected of the series at least.

I take back the idea of it totally sucking, though.
Vanitas is pretty good.

Last edited:

YUPPP

That line "What have I done...what have you done" was among the coldest, most emotionally soulless lines of voice acting I've ever heard in a movie or video game. It was beyond terrible. Whoever's directing the localization is butchering the dialogue in some parts.

Aqua's okay, Jesse McCartney's the same as ever (so seemingly the best of the bunch) and Leonard Nimoy is top-tier talent, but it's wasted on a terribly out-of-place gravely voice.

Regardless, the awkward line delivery is rampant in this KH iteration, as is expected of the series at least.

Hahaha. That was greatest fan dub ever!

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Didn't mind Terra so much, still think Aqua underplays everything (even her 'light' while attacking with Mickey sounded drab).

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

That line "What have I done...what have you done" was among the coldest, most emotionally soulless lines of voice acting I've ever heard in a movie or video game. It was beyond terrible. Whoever's directing the localization is butchering the dialogue in some parts. It's like they didn't tell the voice actor that the scene involved Terra doing something REALLY BAD and regretting it. It's like he read the line out-loud for the first time, by accident, and they recorded it and kept it.
I personally think you're is slightly better. The "what did you to me!" was nice but "What did you make me do!" sounded a bit flat.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I take back the idea of it totally sucking, though.
Vanitas is pretty good.

Your's really wasn't that much better like you said it was :/ I consider it equal to be honest. And I don't know why you call Terra's VA "emotionless" or anything. It's slightly monotone but it's not "emotionless"

Seriously this is a weird pattern going on:

1: Leonard Nimoy sucks!
2: Leonard Nimoy is epic but Aqua sucks! Terra is awesome!
3. Aqua is good but Terra sucks!

I'm probably one of the few people who actually wasn't impressed with Vanitas's VA at all. He just sounds like Sora trying to be serious :/ The Japanese version disguised his voice to where it sounded more like Riku than like Sora. With this version... I can't even listen to his voice for 1 second without thinking "IT'S SORA! IT'S SORA!" and no, it's not just because I know his face.

I'm honestly happy with the whole cast except Vanitas.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Your's really wasn't that much better like you said it was :/ I consider it equal to be honest. And I don't know why you call Terra's VA "emotionless" or anything. It's slightly monotone but it's not "emotionless"

Seriously this is a weird pattern going on:

1: Leonard Nimoy sucks!
2: Leonard Nimoy is epic but Aqua sucks! Terra is awesome!
3. Aqua is good but Terra sucks!

I'm probably one of the few people who actually wasn't impressed with Vanitas's VA at all. He just sounds like Sora trying to be serious :/ The Japanese version disguised his voice to where it sounded more like Riku than like Sora. With this version... I can't even listen to his voice for 1 second without thinking "IT'S SORA! IT'S SORA!" and no, it's not just because I know his face.

I'm honestly happy with the whole cast except Vanitas.

As I've said before...this is the KH fandom. It's a requirement to pick apart trailers and find *something* to bitch about.

I don't think Terra was that bad. His "what have you done" line was a little monotone, but hell, there's no guarantee that it's going to be like that in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back