• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► One Heart, Two Keys (A Keyblade War Fan Fic)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
thanks Dawninmyheart for critiquing the first chapter and i will get to work on fixing all those mistakes. Also his name is pronounced as Le-vis i think say it out loud and it should sound right. Glad you enjoyed it and hope you like the rest of my story.

Dawninmyheart

Awards
Website
users.livejournal.com
It was no problem. Glad to see you're a good sport about whole thing! XD
You might like to know that my critique of your story did indeed get me on the critique team! Since I compared your writing style to mine, why not take a look at my writing to see if it is similar like I said?

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
DIMH: Your writing style is very much more detailed, mine is nothing compared to yours, you put a lot more effort into your story.

Anyway here's a new chapter for this story.

Memories

"Let me go! My son is in there!"

The same nightmare again. Levis looked around to see the dark room he was in. No longer was it burning but now it was a cold shell, no longer threatening due to Levis lucid dreaming. He was in control but he really wasn't. He was back in the dark area with the glass stained platform beneath him. The same one from the first time except he could see Caliga's and Viscus's faces and he knew what their names were along with the hooded man.

But what was strange was the fact that another person, though this one was more of a person's shadow and not a real person. Levis stood there wondering what to do here before he heard a voice.

"The Keyblade's Chosen One...Levis Pravus." The voice said slightly disgusted at Levis's name. Wait...did he say Pravus? That was Levis's real last name? Levis walked around the platform looking for the source of the voice but jumped when the voice began to laugh.

"HAHAHAHA You won't be able to see me Keyblade wielder." The voice said quickly silencing its laughter. As the silence echoed all around Levis he began to hear what sounded like a sigh.

"Fine, I will show you what I REALLY am." The voice said before becoming silent once more. Levis looked around but as he did a bright light appeared from the sky and shone on Levis. Stepping away from the light, Levis then noticed that his own shadow was beginning to grow larger and larger. Til it came out of the ground and took a physical form. The shadow Levis looked exactly like him, but everything about him was black, his body, his clothes the only thing that wasn't black was his yellow eyes that stared into Levis blue eyes.

"Hello there Levis." The shadow said without moving its mouth. Levis stood there curious as to how this strange creature knew who he was.
"I'm you Levis, the other side of you." The shadow said as if answering what Levis was thinking. The shadow made a sound as if it was laughing again but this time it bent backwards slightly before returning back to its standing position.

"Don't be afraid most of the time you've never got here by yourself, but now it seems the time has come." The shadow spoke starting to walk towards Levis. Levis stepped back and as he did the shadow stopped.

"I am not here to hurt you, though I wish that you had not been chosen so I may of had a chance to consume your heart, but now things have changed." The shadow quietly said before starting to walk towards Levis again. Levis didn't know what to do, either this was a lucid dream or this was something else. He let the shadow come up to him and let his hands be put on his head. After a few seconds a small shock went through Levis's head and memories began to rush through, memories of what Levis had always been, and always will be.

He had been reincarnated as many different forms, but all of them had similarities. All of the reincarnations of Levis had brown spiky hair, had some sort of necklace that resembled either a crown or a tear drop. And all carried some sort of weapon that was large and was used to fight off creatures. The most notable of all of the reincarnations was the one that had a large sword with a small golden key around the hilt.

The pain was immense but Levis had to deal with it. The shadow had closed his eyes and looked as if he was simply sleeping, but in fact he was giving all of the memories to Levis. After all the memories had been transferred to Levis the shadow stepped backwards, and Levis was on his hands and knees breathing deeply.

"So, now you have the knowledge of all your ancestors. I wish you weren't the one so I might become whole, but it seems that is not the case this time." The shadow said with a slight change in his voice. Levis looked up at him, was he sad that Levis was a keyblade wielder?

"Guess I will have to wait til one of your next reincarnations to take over in a form." The shadow said now smiling a smile filled with black teeth and a black tongue.

"Who are you really?"
"Hm?"
"You...you said..." Levis blurted out as he slowly began to rise back to his feet. When he was finally back on his feet he pointed at the Shadow.
"You said that you were the other side of me, yet you have all this knowledge about those other people." Levis said still a bit woozy from the memories.

"So you can't be the other side of me. Who are you?" Levis said an evil glare in his eyes pointed at the Shadow. At first the Shadow was quiet but all of a sudden he burst into laughter.

"So you doubt me? Smart kid, to tell you the truth I'm the emptiness in your heart, the one in charge of keeping all your memories in tact. Some have called me Vanitas." Vanitas said slowly changing from a black shadow to Levis with black hair and golden eyes. His yellow eyes pierced the glare that Levis was giving him and made him turn away.

"HA! Not even the keyblade master can look at his true self. Funny, but I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something else then just giving you those useless things." Vanitas stated walking towards the edge of the Platform. He turned to Levis and smiled evilly.

"See ya soon...Levis...HAHAHAHAAHAHA!!" He began to laugh as he feel to the darkness below. Levis went to the edge and looked at the bottom which was complete darkness. Levis knew now this place was more than simply a dream. It was the embodiment of his heart.
Levis was afraid of what he would see in the upcoming days, and he was prepared to face them head on.

Dawninmyheart

Awards
Website
users.livejournal.com
DIMH: Your writing style is very much more detailed, mine is nothing compared to yours, you put a lot more effort into your story.

Perhaps you're right, but I still felt the same vibes when reading your story. Thank you for noticing, I do work very hard on my story. I hope you intend to continue reading it (Chapter 2 should be out soon).

Also, I read chapters 3 and 4 the other day. You do indeed have a talent for story-telling. You've introduced some very intriguing villians. I can't wait to see what they're up too. Anyways, I'll probably get around to reading chapter 5 today...

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
The Trio's Day Off (Gaia)

Levis sat up in his bed, his head aching from the release of memories he had learned only a few nights ago. When he had learned those memories...all at once...it hurt his head. But now he knew how to wield the Keyblade. All he had to do was...

"Yo! Levis!" Viscus said coming into Levis's sight. He looked up at her, she was more cheerful than usual.
"Morning." Levis mumbled his greeting. Viscus looked at him and tilted her head slightly. She stared at him as he put his hand on his head.

"Something the matter?" She asked walking over to his bed. He nodded his head before the aches in his head went away.
"Just a headache I've been having for a few days." He said standing up. He was wearing his shorts and a light brown shirt. He began to take of his shirt to replace it, before noticing that Viscus was slightly red.

He looked at her then down at himself. He shrugged and put the shirt on. He put his shoes on, and put his hand on her shoulder.
"So what's the plan for today?" He said walking out of his room. She followed.
"Well today we have the day off." She said finally getting up to his side. He stopped walking, and as he did, Viscus did and turned to face him.

"We get day's off?" Levis asked a confused look on his face. She nodded a slight smile on her face.
"Yes every once in a while Master Raido gives us a day off to visit a world and have fun! Guess today was that day." She finished by turning on her heels and walking away.

Levis still stood there. Did Master Raido know about Levis and his nightmares? Maybe he was just being nice, or he had heard Levis speaking in his sleep. Not to mention the pain's in his chest were coinciding with the headaches. Still Levis was glad for a day off. He looked up and began to run after Viscus.

~~~

Caliga stood in the Main courtyard. His eyes closed, his body leaning against a pole. His white hair shining in the bright light. He opened his eyes slightly and got up from his position to stretch. After doing so he heard footsteps coming down from the Building's entrance.

"Morning you two." He said slightly more friendlier than normal, but still with the same feeling of coldness towards Levis. Strange that Caliga was a bit happier when he wasn't fighting, but he noticed that Caliga and Viscus were carrying swords underneath their shirts.

"So where we heading to for our day off?" Levis asked looking at Caliga. Caliga looked behind him then back at Levis.
"Were heading to Gaia, the city of Midgar. Gaia is a war torn world but Midgar is the one town that is safe from the fighting." Caliga said walking away from the two.

"Sounds like an interesting place to go for a day off. What's there that's interesting?" Levis asked curious as to how Caliga knew so much about it.
"Not much. Though the town has some decent shops and such." Caliga stopped after walking a bit.

"After you Levis." He muttered as Levis walked in front of him. He seemed bitter about something. Still it wasn't Levis's problem. He raised his hand and snapped his fingers a white Corridor appearing in front of the trio. The three walked into the Corridor and appeared in a small town.

Midgar is not what you would call a safe city. It was a large town that had similar building structures from the 18th century Earth. People walked around in top hats and tail coats. The technology was far more advance than anything Levis had seen before. The technology was also similar to 18th century Earth in the fact that there were large boats powered by steam.

In the distance there was a large Castle. One that was white in color but when face to face with it, it was a bright gray color. The town surrounded the Castle, which was in the middle of the entire city.

Levis opened his mouth slightly amazed at how this world could possibly be war torn. But it seemed Caliga was due for something else than hanging out with these two.
"I need to do something here. Here's a map of the town. Meet at that point in red at around dusk." He said tossing a map to Levis who fumbled for it. Caliga turned away from them and walked off til neither of them could see him anymore.

"Strange wonder what he has to do?" Levis said standing up and opening the map he was given. Viscus looked over Levis's shoulder and stared at the different places on the map.
"Ooh look at that! A clothing store!" Viscus said grabbing the map away from Levis and dragging him by the collar.

"Guess her one weakness is clothes." Levis thought a drop of sweat going down his neck. He got up and and began to walk side by side with Viscus who went from one store to the next usual trying things on and buying only a single piece of clothing.

After awhile of doing this, it seemed Viscus had grown tired of buying. So Levis took all of her bags and took them to a Corridor and left them in there so they could get some food.
"You sure its safe to do that?" Viscus asked worriedly. Levis nodded his head.
"As long as those clothes don't have hearts and are made of darkness their fine!" Levis said laughing at how worried Viscus was over her clothes.

Still it was fun that the two could spend time together without training or one being thrown rocks at. Even more so when they weren't fighting bandits that had military combat training.

Levis went to an ice Cream store and bought them two sticks of ice cream, Chocolate for him and Vanilla for Viscus. Both ate their ice Cream in silence.
"Why does Caliga detest me Viscus?" Levis spoke to break the silence. She looked at him, her ice cream in her mouth, and she began to think.

"I think for the most part its because you learned how to use the Keyblade before he could. Caliga is the type of person who when he puts his mind into it, does his hardest work. But it seemed that when you appeared wielding the Keyblade, he thought that maybe you didn't deserve it." Viscus said through a mouthful of Ice Cream.

"Or he could just think of you as a rival. I honestly don't know what he does when were not around him. He seems to just disappear back home." Viscus said coming to a conclusion with a nod of her head. Levis stared at his melting ice cream. Was Caliga really angry at Levis for just being able to wield?

~~~

"Do you understand what my Master is trying to accomplish!"
"Yes, but I don't know how much longer til..."
"It will be soon, or we will both be paying the price."
"Understood."

The two voices became silent. Both were two men discussing something in an alleyway of the city Midgar. The owner of the first voice disappeared without showing himself. The owner of the second voice sighed before stepping out showing his bright white hair.

Caliga stood looking up at the blue sky. How long must he be doing this task? Sure he wanted to learn how to wield a keyblade, and sure he wanted to kill Levis, but if Levis didn't teach him he and his Boss would both be dead.

Caliga shook his head. No Levis was the type of person that would show two people who had more experience than him how to do something like how to wield a keyblade. Caliga began to walk away from the alleyway and head towards a cafe on the eastern side of the city.

He sat down and ordered a glass of water. It had been sometime since he had a chance to actually visit his home. How many times did he have to relive that nightmare over and over again? His family's house burning while his father and mother tried getting at the house but were stopped by guards.

More importantly why did he look like him? The resemblances were almost identical if his brother grew to that age. It made him angry, and a dark aura covered his body.
"Clunk!" Caliga looked up to see his server put his glass of water near his head. The dark aura around Caliga had disappeared the minute he had stopped thinking about it.

He chugged down his drink and payed the gil he owed. He needed to find an armor store so he could get his armor checked. It was feeling a bit rusty.

To Be Continued Next Week*

*This is due to me not being able to get all my thoughts down on this particular night. I will have the second part of this chapter up by this upcoming Sunday.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
Been a long time since I've written in this thread. ^^; sorry about that. In any case here is my revival of this story. So here goes.

An Honest Mistake

Both Levis and Viscus returned home after finishing their ice creams. Viscus had told Levis that Caliga was prone to staying at worlds that they worked at, usually not coming home til late in the evening. Understanding that Caliga liked having his space, Levis returned with Viscus.

Before long, Levis was by himself, Viscus gone to take a bath and go to bed. He was left in the main room, the sun going down behind the large building. Levis went over to the painting he had looked at earlier of the people on the rock. He stared at it wondering how and where they were.

"An interesting painting is it not?" A familiar deep voice came from behind Levis. Turning around, Levis noticed Master Raido coming towards him, looking up at the painting. Nodding in agreement, Levis turned back as Master and Student next to each other.
"Who are those figures in the painting Master?" Levis asked curious to the origin of the picture.
"Sadly, I do not know. Most that see it assume that its just a painting with no meaning. Others think that maybe it represents a future with a story that has yet to be told. I tend to think it might be a secret message from our ancestors, telling us not to repeat the same mistake." Raido spoke with all of the wisdom that came with age. Levis looked at him, a look of admiration came and went as he looked at his Master.

"Tell me, Levis, what do you think this painting represents?" Raido asked the question staring at his pupil. Levis looked at the painting, his eyebrows furrowing, before coming to a half decent answer.
"I think, that maybe its...not a story, but a....message. Like it says no matter who you are, no matter what class or race, we all look up to the same moon. We all have the same heart." Levis said slowly telling his side.

"That is an interesting take on this Levis." Raido said a curious look coming from his face. From all the interpretations he had ever heard, even Caliga's own interpretation, this one formed by a student who knew nothing about the true history of the keyblade, he had come to a conclusion that actually made some sense.

Levis turned to his Master, bowed and decided to head off to bed. As he walked off, Raido watched Levis, wondering how this boy could be the Keyblade master and be so positive about the universe. With a slight chuckle, Raido disappeared into the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I must get stronger...."
"To...kill him."
"But I need him, if only for me to get stronger."

Caliga was in the training room, practicing his fighting techniques, two daggers in his hand moving through the air at crazy speeds but at the same time, dancing to a tune that only Caliga knew.

After one last slice, Caliga took a deep breath, putting his weapons above his head, and slowly putting them at his sides, breathing out at the same time. He looked at his hands, his anger building up, til they began to make fists. Looking up slightly, he heard foot steps go by the training room, knowing that it was most likely Levis waking up. He checked the time on the clock;
It was almost noon. Making a something similar to a sound of annoyance. Caliga stormed out the training room and into the hallway.

Levis had just woken up, not knowing why he slept so much. Had that burst of energy run out after last night? Sure he felt like he had been asleep for days, but he hadn't had a nightmare. A good thing in itself, especially since Vanitas didn't show up. Walking down the hallway he heard Caliga slam the door to the training room and walk off in the other direction. Turning towards the noise, then turning back Levis walked onwards to breakfast.

Reaching the dinning hall, Levis got a meal consisting of a bowl of bran with milk and sugar and some fruit. Viscus had yet to wake up, most likely even more tired then Levis himself was she was allowed to sleep. Putting his hands together, he thanked the gods for the meal before eating.

Caliga opened the door to the dinning hall angrily, the last bit of strawberry's, his favorite fruit in the world had been taken by someone before he got there. Sitting down across from Levis, Caliga set his breakfast of bran and sugar down, and grumbled to himself.
"Morning." Levis said to Caliga with a spoon in his mouth. Looking over at Levis, Caliga rolled his eyes before noticing what was on Levis's plate. The last of the strawberry's.
"Your the one!" Caliga yelled pointing angrily at Levis, who at the time was very confused and not yet done with his breakfast.

"Huh? zeh one?" Levis spoke with food still in his mouth. Caliga's eyes burned with a deep hatred, this boy had done it.
"Don't you know!? I need to have strawberry's with my breakfast everyday! It's a personal habit of mine!" Caliga said irritated by the other boy. Levis looked down at his plate then back at Caliga his left eyebrow raised.
"Whaz? You wanz the strawberizz's?" Levis said as if ignoring everything Caliga had said besides wanting to have strawberry. Closing his eyes in frustration, Caliga finally screamed at the top of his lungs.

It scared Levis out of his half eaten bowl of bran. Covering his ears til Caliga calmed down, Levis soon stood up and looked agitated.
"The hell was that about?!" Levis said irritation in his voice. Caliga's aura around him began to show off slightly, though Levis had no idea, because only certain people trained in seeing such things could.

"Levis...this is the final straw." Caliga muttered. Levis stared at him strangely. Soon Caliga looked up, rage filled his face.
"LEVIS! I WANT TO FIGHT YOU!" The look on Levis's face was that of surprise. He had never heard Caliga in the days he had known him, be this angry and sure of something.
"Why? What did I..."
"Shut up." Caliga said again with rage filled in his voice. Levis closed his mouth and listened.

"Meet me in the training hall, I want to fight you so I can show you that your nothing." With that, Caliga stormed off. Levis stood there wondering what had just happened. He looked down at his plate, the strawberries had now fallen off his bowl due to Caliga hitting the table.
"I didn't know....Caliga." Levis muttered staring at the ground.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
Since I've been doing some editing and working on my writing, I'll bring this story back for my DA account as well as doing it for the shiz and giggles. Here be a new chapter.

A Dual

An angered Caliga was steaming from the little episode he had a few moments. His anger had taken over his thought process, and had lost his cool. He was still in that type of mood, and could only think of defeating Levis to show that he wasn't fit to be the Keyblade Master.

Caliga threw open the arena doors and began to go over to the other side to get his weapon of choice. He would fight Levis with his own weapons and show that he deserved it, not that useless punk! He would defeat the keyblade and make it his own!

"I will win, and I will make it mine." Caliga muttered angrily as black tendrils wrapped around his body, slowly floating around him, though he payed no attention to it. The tendrils kept wrapping around him and eventually got to his hands, where a black light began to emit, though Caliga still paid no mind.

~

Oh god! Why now of all times was this happening?! First he had to deal with paying the mercenaries and now this! A familiar pair of blue eyes were nervously looking from the shadows at a young man with white hair and fierce yellow eyes, the man preparing for what looked like a fight to the death. The eyes began to become nervous and even showed a few hints of tearing up. Months of planning ruined because of this single idiot!

But Snow had to calm down. He knew that he had to be flexible, he couldn't simply report that the...the...that the keyblade master had been defeated by the man he had hired, and that he potentially didn't want to give it to anyone. No no no no no. That would not be good. King Ira would not take kindly, and might actually kill him this time. Putting his hands on his neck, Snow gulped down the saliva that had been building up in his mouth.

He simply had to watch and hope that maybe Caliga wouldn't kill the Keyblade Wielder.

~

Levis slowly took his time, a look of sadness wore on his face. He was walking to dual Caliga, even though he didn't want to nor did he understand why Caliga acted the way he did. It wasn't just about fruit. Was it?

Levis slowly shook the thought away and stopped for a moment to think about somethings. He had been at his new home for almost three months, and he was thankful to Master Raido for taking him in and showing him how to use the Keyblade. Ever since he learned how to summon it on command, Levis had been training himself on how to fight with it, and was actually quite an amazing fighter. He even asked to spar with Master Raido once and almost one, but lost due to his inability to try and kill his opponent.

Would that happen to his fight with Caliga? Would Caliga be trying to fight him on the intent to kill? Master Raido didn't go for the finishing blow, but he stopped midway to prove a point. That his enemies won't be so merciful, and in fact will be trying to kill him. So did that go for duals such as this? Was Caliga really so hateful of him that he'd try to kill him so that he could wield the keyblade? All these questions made Levis more and more depressed as he truly wanted to be friends with Caliga.

Starting up his walk, Levis began to head towards the arena, prepared to face his fate.

~

Viscus couldn't put her finger on it. First she had this strange feeling about something with Levis and Caliga, and then she felt it again later that day. It wasn't like she could sense what was going on with the two, but she knew that Caliga felt some animosity towards Levis since Master Raido told them the evening he arrived. He changed, becoming more and more cold to her and especially Levis. That kid had something about him that just made you want to get closer to him.

Her thought began to linger towards places she rather not thing about, in fact her face was turning bright red at the thought. She shook her head and began to focus on her mission. She had to find out about the uproar that was going on in Midgar. Things have been different ever since the trio had come there. There were riots, beatings, and other things going on in this once thought of as peaceful town of this world. She had to find the cause of it.

She had to.

~

"So you finally arrived. Took you long enough you bastard." Caliga spat at Levis as he walked into the arena. Levis was still looking down at the ground the same look from earlier still on his face. Caliga grew more and more frustrated at the boy.
"Why did such a weakling like you become the Keyblade Bearer?!? TELL ME DAMIT!? Tell me, who's been fighting with all his might, training every day for the last three years, has yet to be able to wield the keyblade!?" His anger was immense and soon the tendrils from earlier were wrapping around him tighter, and the air began to change.

Levis looked up, noticing the slight change in the atmosphere. Caliga's eyes were dark yellow, almost like that of the sunflower. But now, he could see them. He saw the darkness tendrils surround Caliga, covering most of his body. Levis looked on in shock as he slowly backed up, only to have the arena change to that of a familiar scene, the platform deep in his heart. They couldn't be there, but alas they were, though it seemed Caliga was oblivious to this and only kept building up his anger.

"Tell me why, Levis. I want to know." Caliga muttered almost inaudibly. He had tears of rage and sadness on his face. Levis looked at him and still kept his silence.
"Why were you chosen and not me?" With that last sentence, Caliga closed his eyes and slowed down his breathing. In a flash he disappeared. Instincts reacting to situations of the past, Levis summoned the keyblade and was able to block a pair of twin daggers coming from the right side of his head. Taking a short moment to close his eyes, he knew from that attack what Caliga intended on doing.

He was willing to kill Caliga, now that he knew Caliga wanted him dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back