• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH RE:COM Should come to the 3DS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerIsNothing

I'm from Europe and I'm guessing most other European's want to play RECOM, and I really don't want to go through the swap magic hassle. The 3DS is perfect for the game. It can handle the visuals for sure.

They could make a profit if it was on the 3DS in EU. They released Days here and are releasing 3D and Recoded for the DS. So why not RE:COM, Europe deserves that title.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Sorry, but I doubt they would remake an already remade game just for one region.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I don't think they need to be bothered with remaking the game yet again. Especially with the rushed job they did the first time.

PowerIsNothing

It wouldn't be remade, it could be a straightforward port. All they would have to do is remap the controls and safrafice a few polygons.

I have every KH game that has been released in Europe and really want to play RE:COM. A port would not take long.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Re:CoM being sold in EU has more of a chance of happening than it being ported to 3DS for EU.
And you should want it for PS2 more. 2 Analog Sticks! 3DS only has one.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I'm not so sure it would be sacrifice. 3DS looks more than able to capture KH2/Re:CoM graphics naturally.
But there is more to it. 3DS lacks a few buttons so they would have to figure out how to work around that. Certain features would need reworking, too I'm sure. Not to mention, S-E didn't even care about Re:CoM the first time around, giving it rushed localization job and not even bothering to promote it.

Not to mention this would require another team's attention to do it, and they are already working on games. I can't see S-E ever doing this just so one region could play the game. The game isn't even that good.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I don't think they'll do it. Square Enix doesn't really care much for Europe. If they were going to give you guys Re:COM they would've done so when they were making the PS2 version for the US.

Sorry dude, but it's most likely not going to happen.

PowerIsNothing

I don't think they'll do it. Square Enix doesn't really care much for Europe. If they were going to give you guys Re:COM they would've done so when they were making the PS2 version for the US.

Sorry dude, but it's most likely not going to happen.

Then may Nomura burn in the deepest depths of hell for all Eternitity!

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
αsiя;5122254 said:
Re:COM sucks anyways. Just play COM, it's much better.

Did you really just say that? o_0 Re:Com is the one on the PS2 and is much better:

- Voice Acting
- Better graphics
- Smoother controls
- No frame-rate problems like the GBA version
- Extra bosses
- Extra skills/moves
- Dodge Roll is more effective
- Better music and more music
- Skippable cutscenes

Why do you think COM is better? That makes no sense.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Did you really just say that? o_0 Re:Com is the one on the PS2 and is much better:

- Voice Acting
- Better graphics
- Smoother controls
- No frame-rate problems like the GBA version
- Extra bosses
- Extra skills/moves
- Dodge Roll is more effective
- Better music and more music
- Skippable cutscenes

Why do you think COM is better? That makes no sense.
Probably because improved graphics and voice acting doesn't really mean the game is better. CoM was developed for the GBA and was made to fit its limitations. When you take the game and put it on the PS2, it just feels hollow. Not to mention the voice work and localization is some of the worst in the series.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Probably because improved graphics and voice acting doesn't really mean the game is better. CoM was developed for the GBA and was made to fit its limitations. When you take the game and put it on the PS2, it just feels hollow. Not to mention the voice work and localization is some of the worst in the series.

But those weren't the only options I gave. Oh and I forgot a couple others:

- More balanced difficulty
- More balanced level design
- 3D surrounding so it's easier to manouver around an area

Seriously the GBA version, the enemy health bars went down FAAAAAR too slowly. With RE:COM the battles are difficult but dodging is more effective. I swear, using dodge roll in the GBA version was a major chore.

Also most of the voice actors are the same as before. I actually thought the voice acting was good if not for the fact that Square Enix was too lazy to lipsynch and forced the actors to try and synch into the animations (which is not something you're supposed to do)

I just don't see why anyone would choose the GBA version when the PS2 version clearly adds much much more to the game than the GBA did.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
But those weren't the only options I gave. Oh and I forgot a couple others:

- More balanced difficulty
- More balanced level design
- 3D surrounding so it's easier to manouver around an area
The level design in Re:CoM is one of the things that MAKES it feel so hollow.

I actually thought the voice acting was good if not for the fact that Square Enix was too lazy to lipsynch and forced the actors to try and synch into the animations (which is not something you're supposed to do)
That's what makes the game's VA work and localization the worst in the series...

I just don't see why anyone would choose the GBA version when the PS2 version clearly adds much much more to the game than the GBA did.
Well everyone's different. I prefer the original over the one with spruced up graphics.

αsiя

space coke
Thats a little difficult to find in England 2010. And I don't like using Ebay.
Hello, Roms.

Even though COM isn't my favorite KH games, I don't see myself ever playing Re:COM, and if I do then it's because I want to play a 3D model of Riku. I like COM more than Re:COM, I don't care if Re:COM has more stuff.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Stop giving Nomura more ideas on how to waste his time :mad:

SEE should just localize Re:CoM, but they're assholes.

Then mute the game, lol.

Re:CoM actually ADDS to CoM so it is actually better. Regardless of whether you think it "feels hollow" on the PS2, it's the exact same game you ENJOYED on the GBA, just with MORE stuff and in 3D.

So yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back