• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

I actually didn't like a lot of Re:CoM voice acting. I didn't like Zexion, and Marluxia voice whatsoever, while Larxene voice fit that it made me think of her as even more of a beotch, and it was funny hearing 15 year old Sora in his 13 year old form. Derek Stephen Prince fought tooth and nail for Vexen so much that he thought he wouldn't even have a chance of getting him from when he audtioned he even saw Mark Hamill try do a character for the series. (As said by him from when I met him at his last panel) David, Richard, Quinton, and Derek were the only ones I really enjoyed in the game.

But I agree the no lip-syncing made things seem very off due to Re:CoM being under such a low budget.

Marluxia's voice grew on me. I think the voice itself was good but it didn't fit his appearance at all.

αsiя

space coke

Re:coded will most likely not have lip-syncing too.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

αsiя;5113451 said:
Re:coded will most likely not have lip-syncing too.

Hmm... maybe. I don't think there are many "PS2 graphic styled" cutscenes in Coded so I don't think it'll matter that much in the end. Unless it goes waaaaaay off.

Lady-Lee

Awards

Marluxia's voice grew on me. I think the voice itself was good but it didn't fit his appearance at all.
yes because i truly wanted him to sound like cloris leachman....
I loved Marluxia's voice in Re:CoM because it just seemed so awesome, and I loved the portrayal of Axel in that game better than KH2 because lets face it, he pulled off being an ass perfectly in that game. I just hope that we get some semblance of an answer as to who the deuce Terra is.

Key

Exile
Awards

yes because i truly wanted him to sound like cloris leachman....
I loved Marluxia's voice in Re:CoM because it just seemed so awesome, and I loved the portrayal of Axel in that game better than KH2 because lets face it, he pulled off being an ass perfectly in that game. I just hope that we get some semblance of an answer as to who the deuce Terra is.

i must agree with above statement XD Axel was best in Re:Com. Why? Because (as stated previously) he's had all this time to learn the character. :3

And i also agree with the Terra statement. WE NEED ANSWERS!!

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Right, but usually depending on the order of character recording when your recording you get to hear the other VA's in one your scenes (If you have one in their in the first place) to usually interpret your reaction to the other in the right tone.

I liked ricard Epcar performance as Ansem. Sure it was different than Zan, but it still fit Ansem well.

I'd think that matching your reaction to the reaction of the other VA(s) in the scene is really important for consistency, but that seems to be something different from matching your reaction to the way the character's supposed to be reacting.

It'd be pretty disastrous if a voice actor misinterpreted something as sarcastic when it was supposed to be sincere because he didn't know the character's background, for instance. Or if he made a character sound confident when the character was supposed to be putting on bravado. (Would those kind of things show up as notes in the script...?) And I'm sure there'd be smaller subtleties that play into the way we interpret the characters, too, not just the really obvious kind.

Sempied

i must agree with above statement XD Axel was best in Re:Com. Why? Because (as stated previously) he's had all this time to learn the character. :3

And i also agree with the Terra statement. WE NEED ANSWERS!!
I'd thought someone would've found out by now. I mean I was perplexed that it wasn't answered in the virtual booth Q&A, and the only suspect we still have lingering is Bale.

I really don't want it to be an anime VA now, but it kind of sounds like Steve Staley, or David Vincent.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I actually hear a little bit of Steve Burton in Terra's VA. Especially when he says "Strength of heart will carry you through the hardest of trials." and "Stay back."

But I HIGHLY doubt it'd be Christain Bale. The ONLY reason people say it's Christain Bale is because IMDB is stupid and then Bale fangirls went off spreading rumors which others took as fact. If it wasn't for IMDB, Bale would never even have been considered.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I really don't want it to be an anime VA now, but it kind of sounds like Steve Staley, or David Vincent.

I doubt he's an anime VA. Disney/Squenix doesn't seem to like using anime VAs as main characters in KH.

Are there any older "Disney kids" who could be voicing him?

YUPPP

Oh great now you done it. That one guy is gonna come and make a post about "THE ROCK IS VOICING TERRA!!!"

...but seriously, it doesn't sound like any Disney Channel stars.

Lol. I still don't get that joke.

For some reason Terra's voice is very reminescient of Jason Adkins. Does anyone else hear the similarity?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Oh great now you done it. That one guy is gonna come and make a post about "THE ROCK IS VOICING TERRA!!!"

Agreed. I admit, I used to watch DC back when it was still pretty decent, but I can't think of anyone who even sound remotely like Terra.

...and rawpower should be coming in any second now... >.>

Ikkin

Bronze Member

The Rock used to be a Disney kid? o_0

Hmm... are there any former kid Disney stars who grew up (and had a change of voice) who he could be...?

Aqualung

Hmm... are there any former kid Disney stars who grew up (and had a change of voice) who he could be...?

Thanks to all the rumors that he'd be voicing Terra, apparently Christian Bale was a Disney kid. :p

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

No but he was in the remake of the witch Mountain movies as well as another Disney movie. Rawpower keeps making a joke on "OMG DA ROCK WILL BE TERRA!" and it's getting old. When you mention a Disney actor, I was saying he'd probably continue with the old joke.

Anyway, I don't know any Disney stars who sound anywhere close to Terra.

Sempied

For some reason Terra's voice is very reminescient of Jason Adkins. Does anyone else hear the similarity?
Eh....I've been watching Supernatural since day 1, and Jason sounds a lot more gruff than what Terra sounds like. (As much as i'd love the new Red Hood to voice him though)

I doubt he's an anime VA. Disney/Squenix doesn't seem to like using anime VAs as main characters in KH.

Are there any older "Disney kids" who could be voicing him?
I had thought that to until I remembered:

Snow: Troy Baker

Sarah: Laura bailey

Cloud of Darkness: Laura Bailey

Kefka: Dave Wittenberg

Firion: JYB

Vexen: Derek Stephen Prince

Marluxia: Keith Ferguson

Nier: Jamieson Price

Cecil: Yuri Lowenthal.

To be fair however I believe SE used a different studio to dub for Dissidia with the original VA's that came back as well.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

AHHH! Dean, he's such a badass bro. But as Sempied said his voice is alot rougher and badasser(not a word, sue me) than Terra's voice should be. And I think I got the Rock joke with Terra. Terra= is latin for earth or rock and Dwayne Johnson = the rock.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

I actually hear a little bit of Steve Burton in Terra's VA. Especially when he says "Strength of heart will carry you through the hardest of trials." and "Stay back."

But I HIGHLY doubt it'd be Christain Bale. The ONLY reason people say it's Christain Bale is because IMDB is stupid and then Bale fangirls went off spreading rumors which others took as fact. If it wasn't for IMDB, Bale would never even have been considered.

You also thought that Hamill was totally going to be Terra ;D
Anyways, alot of us weren't actually serious about Terra!Bale even though he would actually make an okay Terra.... Speaking of the man in the tight shirt, anyone figure out who he is yet?

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Eh....I've been watching Supernatural since day 1, and Jason sounds a lot more gruff than what Terra sounds like. (As much as i'd love the new Red Hood to voice him though)

I had thought that to until I remembered:

Snow: Troy Baker

Sarah: Laura bailey

Cloud of Darkness: Laura Bailey

Kefka: Dave Wittenberg

Firion: JYB

Vexen: Derek Stephen Prince

Marluxia: Keith Ferguson

Nier: Jamieson Price

Cecil: Yuri Lowenthal.

To be fair however I believe SE used a different studio to dub for Dissidia with the original VA's that came back as well.

Well, I didn't say they didn't like using anime voices for Final Fantasy. =P And Dissidia's probably not the best example to use, since I get the feeling they were going low-budget for the voice acting there. =/

Disney seems to have a fairly large role in determining who the voice actors for Kingdom Hearts characters are, anyway, and they seem to be pretty consistent in picking non-VAs whenever they can. I don't think Square would have ever chosen Lance Bass as Sephiroth, for instance (and I think they might have taken the casting of the Final Fantasy characters back into their own hands for KH2 so they could have people who could consistently play the characters for their own games).

There were a lot more anime VAs chosen for the Organization members, of course, but those were mostly smaller parts anyway. Everyone else in the main Birth by Sleep cast seems to follow Disney's "what the heck, casting agency?" policy, so I'm not sure why Terra wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back