• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English BbS Trailer + Game Play Videos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sempied

It it still not as bad as aqua's. Terra's I can live with but not aqua. I really think I could do a better than her.
While I can agree with the her japanese seiyuu being th obvious better in this scenario, i'd still like to see how Willa can handle the more emotional scenes as the game progresses. As Sky said they sound great in battle, but Aqua/Willa Holland actually sounds like she's in battle. When Terra says "WANT SOME?" it just sounds very off from his normal voice of what we've seen.

The only voice i've truly ever hated in Kingdom hearts was Alyson Stoner as Kairi/Xion, and to this day I still can't get used to her.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
While I can agree with the her japanese seiyuu being th obvious better in this scenario, i'd still like to see how Willa can handle the more emotional scenes as the game progresses. As Sky said they sound great in battle, but Aqua/Willa Holland actually sounds like she's in battle. When Terra says "WANT SOME?" it just sounds very off from his normal voice of what we've seen.

The only voice i've truly ever hated in Kingdom hearts was Alyson Stoner as Kairi/Xion, and to this day I still can't get used to her.

Yeah the only problem I have with Terra is his "Want some?" because it took me about 5 watches to finally understand what he was saying.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
αsiя;5113253 said:
Maybe they're trying to give us low expectations.

...I think as a company, when you present the trailer, it has to be presented in a good way. If people are going to see errors, question the voicing or aren't impressed with how it's shown, then you have completely failed in capturing your audience. But the trailer isn't that bad, it's just that the trailer hasn't been re-edited for western audiences.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
...I think as a company, when you present the trailer, it has to be presented in a good way. If people are going to see errors, question the voicing or aren't impressed with how it's shown, then you have completely failed in capturing your audience. But the trailer isn't that bad, it's just that the trailer hasn't been re-edited for western audiences.

Technically they editted it by adding new BBS gameplay that wasn't in the original one. But in terms of sound effects and whatnot, they really didn't bother making a good trailer.

Tatsu

I hate Aqua's voice actor. It just doesn't...I don't know it just doesn't match her.

Musical charm

seriously!? I know that everyone is saying that they hate aqua's VA, but thats just a few scenes where she's bad, its not like thats going to ruin everything abou kh bbs, we just need some getting used to.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
seriously!? I know that everyone is saying that they hate aqua's VA, but thats just a few scenes where she's bad, its not like thats going to ruin everything abou kh bbs, we just need some getting used to.

Indeed. The only thing I dislike about Aqua's actor was her dialogue on the Poupu fruit but everything else sounded good.

αsiя

space coke
The funny thing is that Aqua's VA fits Aqua but has no emotion to it, while Terra's VA doesn't fit Terra but has more emotion that Aqua's VA.

Sempied

Indeed. The only thing I dislike about Aqua's actor was her dialogue on the Poupu fruit but everything else sounded good.
I'd like to think this'll end up like the Jesse McCartney as Roxas scenario.

That, and I find it funny how some people thought Terra, and Aqua were great from the very old first released gameplay videos, and are now making 180 turns about them in a schizophrenic fashion.

αsiя;5113706 said:
The funny thing is that Aqua's VA fits Aqua but has no emotion to it, while Terra's VA doesn't fit Terra but has more emotion that Aqua's VA.
She has emotion in battle, but seems as the trailer progressed she got slightly better.

Terra is the only one I can't get used to. His voice fits in some parts, but sounds off when he says "WANT SOME?", and "What is that I've failed to learn?" sound off.

Sadie808

I know right haha

The only scene from e3 i like from aqua was the part where she said
"He`s not as weak as you think"
everything was cool as it is ;]

expect the only thing i dont like in eng bbs is ven`s speed rave has been change to Fever Pitch?!? :eek:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I'd like to think this'll end up like the Jesse McCartney as Roxas scenario.

I can almost guarentee that will happen with most of the cast really. A large part of it is just getting used to the voices not being the Japanese version really. Once they get used to it, they hear the voices in a different way.

Heck, if we heard Japanese voices of KH1 first and then heard English voices, I'd bet some people would say Haley Joel Osment sucked.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
As Sky said they sound great in battle, but Aqua/Willa Holland actually sounds like she's in battle. When Terra says "WANT SOME?" it just sounds very off from his normal voice of what we've seen.

I think those short battle shouts tend to wind up pretty far from someone's normal voice, no matter who they are - Aqua's are pretty different from her speaking voice, too.

The thing with Terra is that his clips tend to differ from each other, too, to the point that I'm not convinced I know what his natural voice even sounds like. =/ It'll probably come together more once we actually get a few more cutscene clips to judge from.

I'm not confident that their pre-release media team is even capable of presenting things in a good way, at this point. They've made far worse mistakes in the past; attempting to take advantage of the audience's lowered expectations seems less incompetent than releasing screenshots for a console game with a visible mouse cursor. =P

Yes. But making a million brand new keyblades just for that area would be too much work :/

It's not just too much work - it's a waste of the PSP's limited polygon-pushing capabilities. Any extra Keyblade would be eating into the system's capability to display the characters, and would probably end up looking worse instead of better.

Terra is the only one I can't get used to. His voice fits in some parts, but sounds off when he says "WANT SOME?", and "What is that I've failed to learn?" sound off.

Well, to be fair to him, "What is it that I've failed to learn?" is pretty awkward to say as it is. Not sure why they would phrase it like that, instead of the more natural-sounding "What have I failed to learn?"

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I think those short battle shouts tend to wind up pretty far from someone's normal voice, no matter who they are - Aqua's are pretty different from her speaking voice, too.

The thing with Terra is that his clips tend to differ from each other, too, to the point that I'm not convinced I know what his natural voice even sounds like. =/ It'll probably come together more once we actually get a few more cutscene clips to judge from.

I'm not confident that their pre-release media team is even capable of presenting things in a good way, at this point. They've made far worse mistakes in the past; attempting to take advantage of the audience's lowered expectations seems less incompetent than releasing screenshots for a console game with a visible mouse cursor. =P

It's not just too much work - it's a waste of the PSP's limited polygon-pushing capabilities. Any extra Keyblade would be eating into the system's capability to display the characters, and would probably end up looking worse instead of better.

Well, to be fair to him, "What is it that I've failed to learn?" is pretty awkward to say as it is. Not sure why they would phrase it like that, instead of the more natural-sounding "What have I failed to learn?"
I think they were going for the whol proper english-esque thing here in order to but emphasis on it being another time. It fits with the whole medieval knight image, they have going on.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I think they were going for the whol proper english-esque thing here in order to but emphasis on it being another time. It fits with the whole medieval knight image, they have going on.

Hmm... never even thought of that, it's actually a good point.
Although I "What is it that I failed to learn?" was actually my favorite line in that trailer. I never really thought it sounded awkward at all...

Sempied

Hmm... never even thought of that, it's actually a good point.
Although I "What is it that I failed to learn?" was actually my favorite line in that trailer. I never really thought it sounded awkward at all...
I actually found that line to be somewhat different than what terra normally sounded like from the gameplay, Olympus Coliseum short scenes, and trailer. That, and his "WANT SOME?" line just sounded off key with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back